Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell/Providence Hockey East Semi Final (3/18) – Alliance Suspended!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lowell/Providence Hockey East Semi Final (3/18) – Alliance Suspended!

I thought it was a good goal after seeing the replay and I am a PC supporter. It was correctly called
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
      His skate never came off the ice. In order to have a distinct kicking motion, you need to lift your skate off the ice.
      This is not true.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
        According to who/what? You?
        Umm, how about according to replays. He turned his skate and it never came off the ice. Sorry you are unable to see the obvious, but keep crying; your tears sustain me.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          how much HE have you watched over the years? I suspect not a lot
          Wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            I thought it was a good goal after seeing the replay and I am a PC supporter. It was correctly called
            Just saw it this AM. I agree. The commentators sounded very sure, no argument amongst themselves, no making an argument there could be a different interpretation. The folks in the stands around me were getting calls from those watching on TV. They said there was no question. Came in here and poof- controversy. IMHO to kick you need to move your skate as the puck strikes it. Do I like the rule change? No. I like the old rule. Thing is you can't change a rule during a game.

That said, still the deepest respect for Provicid. One of the cleanest games we have seen all year. No cheap 5hit. Good hockey. Good luck to the Friars rest of the way.

Comment

As a neutral observer I say the goal was good. After watching the replay ad nauseum the player did not make a kicking motion toward the puck; he was continuing his skating to the side of the goal and his stick got momentarily caught up in the goalie's pads. Good call by the refs.

What an amazing game. I passed up the ECAC semis in Lake Placid to watch HE, and am glad I did. Tremendous effort by both teams.
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Just saw it this AM. I agree. The commentators sounded very sure, no argument amongst themselves, no making an argument there could be a different interpretation. The folks in the stands around me were getting calls from those watching on TV. They said there was no question. Came in here and poof- controversy. IMHO to kick you need to move your skate as the puck strikes it. Do I like the rule change? No. I like the old rule. Thing is you can't change a rule during a game.
                My stepfather called all the way from Wisconsin when the review started going on for a really long time. He said it was definitely good and should count but the only question was would the officials think it was enough to overturn the on-ice call.

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                  My stepfather called all the way from Wisconsin when the review started going on for a really long time. He said it was definitely good and should count but the only question was would the officials think it was enough to overturn the on-ice call.
                  The angles they had were really clear. He wasn't in a crowd or obscured in any way. Not sure why they took so long to review unless they have to wait for the guys up in the booth to look too

Comment

At the same time, you can't fault lowell. PC turned it over TWICE, directly leading to that goal. Kick it no kick, Providence only has Providence to blame

Comment

Good call. Bad rule. Go back to "deflection" please and while you're at it either revert to calling crease violations or remove the essentially meaningless blue paint?

If there is any justice, NU wins tonight. If the hockey gods are watching, the GWG will be a skate deflection.
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Amazing game to be at. Exhausting for everyone included, players definitely, but fans as well. Good luck to PC going forward in the NCAAs, maybe we'll see you again in the FF!
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

A friend of mine would like to bring his sons to the game tonight be he's short on cash. Not trying to be a smart *** but I'm hoping there might be some Providence fans who would be willing to part with their tix? Send me a text 9*7*8*8*6*6*8793
                          Last edited by Fishhawk; 03-19-2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            Good call. Bad rule. Go back to "deflection" please and while you're at it either revert to calling crease violations or remove the essentially meaningless blue paint?

If there is any justice, NU wins tonight. If the hockey gods are watching, the GWG will be a skate deflection.
                            Been saying that all year. Not exactly sure what the blue paint is for.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Amazing game to be at. Exhausting for everyone included,
                              how did Jasmine hold up?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                how did Jasmine hold up?
                                Had a good conversation with her yesterday. She was doing well, but was definitely tired.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X