Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell/Providence Hockey East Semi Final (3/18) – Alliance Suspended!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    You have the right to your opinion. You're completely wrong and don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about, but that's your right.
    You really need to let your bitterness over that game go. It's not healthy.

Comment

• Re: Lowell/Providence Hockey East Semi Final (3/18) – Alliance Suspended!

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
      It comes down to how do you define a kicking motion.
      And this is the problem, it's not clearly defined in the rules and doesn't account for the multitude of situations that can occur where it's not what would normally be defined as a "kick" in non-ice sports.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        And this is the problem, it's not clearly defined in the rules and doesn't account for the multitude of situations that can occur where it's not what would normally be defined as a "kick" in non-ice sports.
        If you think this was bad...in the Cincinnati/St. Joseph's basketball game...Cincinnati down by 2...Cincinnati guy dunks the ball when the clock is at 0.0. But the ball was still touching his hand....no basket. game over...I'm telling you....replay will destroy sports. The players play...let the refs ref.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
          If you think this was bad...in the Cincinnatti/St. Joseph's basketball game...tie game...Cincinnatti guy dunks the ball when the clock is at 0.0. But the ball was still touching his hand....no basket. Overtime...I'm telling you....replay will destroy sports. The players play...let the refs ref.
          I saw tweets about that game and the Northern Iowa game and turned to CBS and the news was on. Are games on an additional network other than CBS?

Though I did manage to catch the weather and now we're not getting any snow?? Wha???

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            If you think this was bad...in the Cincinnati/St. Joseph's basketball game...Cincinnati down by 2...Cincinnati guy dunks the ball when the clock is at 0.0. But the ball was still touching his hand....no basket. game over...I'm telling you....replay will destroy sports. The players play...let the refs ref.
            I just saw that live - you have to review that play. No way to tell that one live.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

So they are stillllllll playing the NU BC game. They know how to call penaties in that game. 7 already.

Can you imagine all the fans who needed to leave because the trains stop running for the night. Yikes!

OK, now I really am signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Are games on an additional network other than CBS?
                TBS, TNT and TrueTV

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  how can you say it wasn't a " distinct kicking motion"? it was clearly that , he angled his skate perfectly to deflect the puck into the net, whether he meant it or not. They cant assume he was kicking it to his stick
                  His skate never came off the ice. In order to have a distinct kicking motion, you need to lift your skate off the ice, otherwise you're sliding it in and redirecting the puck. I really don't see how this is such a big issue. Does it stink that this is how the game ended? I don't think so. Lowell created and capitalized off of a PC turnover. Not every GWG needs to be a highlight reel goal.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    In order to have a distinct kicking motion, you need to lift your skate off the ice, otherwise you're sliding it in and redirecting the puck.
                    Correct. Here's an analogy. I refereed basketball for 17 years. A player throws a pass and it hits a defender in the leg. Everyone starts screaming "Kick! Kick! He kicked the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" NO! NO! NO! If it BOUNCES off your leg, that's not a kick. The defender has to make a KICKING MOTION with his leg in order for it to be a "kicked" ball. If he is just standing there and it bounces off his leg, it's not a kick. It doesn't matter how he "positioned" his skate BEFORE the puck hit it. This has been explained about ten times now. Again...INTENT doesn't come into play. I'm not arguing that it shouldn't (but then, trust me, there would be galactic arguments about intent every time this happened - which is why it is not considered). So it is purely motion. If you don't "swing" your foot into the puck, then you are considered not to be "kicking" it.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      So they are stillllllll playing the NU BC game. They know how to call penaties in that game. 7 already.

Can you imagine all the fans who needed to leave because the trains stop running for the night. Yikes!

OK, now I really am signing out.
                      Trains run until 2 am tonight, last weekend of late night service!
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Correct. Here's an analogy. I refereed basketball for 17 years. A player throws a pass and it hits a defender in the leg. Everyone starts screaming "Kick! Kick! He kicked the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" NO! NO! NO! If it BOUNCES off your leg, that's not a kick. The defender has to make a KICKING MOTION with his leg in order for it to be a "kicked" ball. If he is just standing there and it bounces off his leg, it's not a kick. It doesn't matter how he "positioned" his skate BEFORE the puck hit it. This has been explained about ten times now. Again...INTENT doesn't come into play. I'm not arguing that it shouldn't (but then, trust me, there would be galactic arguments about intent every time this happened - which is why it is not considered). So it is purely motion. If you don't "swing" your foot into the puck, then you are considered not to be "kicking" it.
                        Correct the INTENT by the Lowell player was to kick the puck it was not a stopping motion or an an inadvertent bounce off the skate even though his skate did not come off the the ice in a soccer kicking motion.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                          Correct the INTENT by the Lowell player was to kick the puck it was not a stopping motion or an an inadvertent bounce off the skate even though his skate did not come off the the ice in a soccer kicking motion.
                          And was the call on the ice by the officials so had to be clearly over ruled.

Comment

Not to harp here but in basketball it is a kick if the defensive player makes a kicking motion against the offensive player it has no bearing if an offensive player throws the ball off his offensive teammates leg/foot which would be more analogus in this situation.

Comment

Overall, what an epic game. I was at the first HE title game, the BC/PC 2OT thriller, and this met or exceeded that. You just had a sense that something fluky was going to happen in the end to settle it. Both teams were running on fumes, slugging away at each other and taking the fans on a roller coaster ride for almost two complete games. Not a game many will ever forget.
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                                His skate never came off the ice. In order to have a distinct kicking motion, you need to lift your skate off the ice
                                According to who/what? You?

Comment

Working...
                                X