Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell/Providence Hockey East Semi Final (3/18) – Alliance Suspended!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Its overflowing with Italian tourists?
    Ha! No, 5.6 miles of canals.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Re: Lowell/Providence Hockey East Semi Final (3/18) – Alliance Suspended!

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post

Let's hope this is inaccurate. Voss rises to the level of Conrad Hache bad.
      If you say "Conrad Hache" three times, he shows up and calls random penalties.

I expect PC would have to play UML better than then they did this year when the played 2 out of 6 periods.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Ha! No, 5.6 miles of canals.
        You win.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

How long before the "Ice is Life" preview for this game comes out?
          The only thing more hilarious is the startling accuracy of the Cat Predictions on BC Interruption.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            How long before the "Ice is Life" preview for this game comes out?
            The only thing more hilarious is the startling accuracy of the Cat Predictions on BC Interruption.
            Two Minutes Hate might be out first based upon their previous pattern. Their "Into The Friar" from before the 2013 HE semifinal was a classic. Revisit it HERE.
            Last edited by riverchief1; 03-16-2016, 06:56 PM.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

I expect PC would have to play UML better than then they did this year when the played 2 out of 6 periods.
              darnoc ehcah
              darnoc ehcah
              darnoc ehcah

hmm...
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                Well that makes my idea impossible. I didn't know that since I haven't paid much attention to it since 2009.

I think ideally the semi's would get the best attendence at 5 and 8 on Saturday. Of course that can't happen with the early Sunday selection show and the reasons you all stated above.
                Couldn't play on Sunday anyway. The Garden is booked all day for State HS championship hockey games. This happens every year on the same weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                  Couldn't play on Sunday anyway. The Garden is booked all day for State HS championship hockey games. This happens every year on the same weekend.
                  They also have to work around the Bruins. I seem to remember the Bruins playing a Saturday afternoon game for several years prior to the HE championship game.

Comment

Finally game day!!! Can't wait for 1pm and can put all the technology I'm responsible for behind me and just enjoy beer, friends and awesome hockey.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                      It would make a lot more sense to play the semi's on Saturday and the final on Sunday. I know they want the Sunday evening selection show to be like basketball so maybe you could play at 1 and 4 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday or something like that. Not a great look for the league to play the first half of game 1 in front of only the player's close friends and family.
                      You are not supposed to have a life. You are supposed to be able to drop everything and go (spending $$ you will lose when you do not work)

Let's hope this is inaccurate. Voss rises to the level of Conrad Hache bad.
                      Haha. Once we rode the elevator down below when Hache had reffed. Hache's wife (who appeared to fit his vacuous mind state) was on with us. lil les (who was lil at the time) was asking me what the ref's problem was, didn't he know the rules? Was he blind? He was really bad! She threw a hissy fit and flounced out of the elevator when the doors opened. lil was very confused. He couldn't understand why she was mad. He was terrible. Couldn't she see. Still makes me chuckle.
                      Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      quick, let's move the game somewhere else... maybe he won't catch on
                      You don't need to be quick. He would still miss it.

heh

C'est la guerre!!!

Gooooo Lowell!

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                        Finally game day!!! Can't wait for 1pm and can put all the technology I'm responsible for behind me and just enjoy beer, friends and awesome hockey.
                        Boston bound in a couple hours, can't wait, going to be fun and thinking positive thoughts. Making pre-Harp visit to Beer Works on Canal Street and early arrival at Harp pre game.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Boston bound in a couple hours, can't wait, going to be fun and thinking positive thoughts. Making pre-Harp visit to Beer Works on Canal Street and early arrival at Harp pre game.
                          That my friend is a genius idea. Might hit that up as well, if we get in early enough.

Trying to decide where to park and take the train in from.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            That my friend is a genius idea. Might hit that up as well, if we get in early enough.

Trying to decide where to park and take the train in from.
                            Sullivan Square station and two stops on Orange Line is an option that I always use.
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Sullivan Square station and two stops on Orange Line is an option that I always use.
                              Did this last yr. Def easy and can't bring myself to bend over and pay the obscene parking $ they want for parking at the Garden. In 2 yrs the price doubled

I really wish there was another venue besides the Garden. Parking stinks. Being a fan there stinks. Bridgeport, Provicid Center, Manchester and Worcester all much more fun. The general attitude of the ushers and staff at the Gahden can be anything but friendly. Depending where you sit depends on whether you can do anything but clap like you are at the opera. The silliness of not letting people bring in horns, bells or things that are a staple at a game is aggravating. I have no idea how to clap after 30 yrs of ringing my cowbell. A penny in a water bottle is not the same thing (and last time they wanted to take it away )
                              Last edited by leswp1; 03-18-2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Did this last yr. Def easy and can't bring myself to bend over and pay the obscene parking $ they want for parking at the Garden. In 2 yrs the price doubled
                                The parking increase over the last two years has been insane. At the Beanpot this year, I took the T in (since I live on the Orange Line) and took a cab home. The cost for the cab was 1/3 the cost of driving in and parking. How ridiculous is that???

Comment

Working...
                                X