No announcement yet.

UNO 2016 Offseason thread: Going Down in a Blais of Late SeasonMediocrity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO 2016 Offseason thread: Going Down in a Blais of Late Season Mediocrity

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    I would imagine, not as good.
    You underestimate the optimism of our coach.
    If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post

Senility is setting in or Blais just fired a shot across the bow of his returning players. Or he thinks his job is in danger and Trev doesn't know much about hockey
      Well, this was supposedly the year we were going to get it done (ask RedCows, oh wait). Not sure how next year would be a better situation. Now with Jake gone....yeah, I hope Evan is ready to have 20 shutouts.
      If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

From the Omaha World Herald

http://www.omaha.com/uno/mavericks-e...1fa69cd26.html

Senility is setting in or Blais just fired a shot across the bow of his returning players. Or he thinks his job is in danger and Trev doesn't know much about hockey
        He fired his assistants today.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

From the Omaha World Herald

http://www.omaha.com/uno/mavericks-e...1fa69cd26.html

If Blais doesn't start winning decisions like this means he is closer to being fired. This reminds me of Eaves last year.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Dean will retire before he is fired. It will be interesting to see how Trev handles hiring a hockey coach considering that there isn't a Dean Blais out there wallowing in the USHL
            UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Hey, UNO beat the National Champions once this year #UNOrelevance

Comment

Hey, UNO beat the National Champions once this year #UNOrelevance
                So did Becky! Too soon?
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

UNO hires Mike Gabinet as Associate Head Coach. Former UNO player and (now former) head coach at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology

http://www.omaha.com/uno/blog/uno-ho...7e1e26073.html

Comment

Sure wish Red Cows would come back so UNO threads weren't on page 3

Comment

Sure wish Red Cows would come back so UNO threads weren't on page 3
                      I agree.

You always worry when an active poster suddenly disappears from the Board with no explanation, like Old Pio did last year about this time. Sometimes a poster gets a little peeved or embarrassed and disappears, only to reappear using a different name, but I've seen no evidence of that with Red Cows. You will also occasionally have situations where insults/threats are made privately between posters or perhaps even between family members of players and a poster that causes them to reevaluate the need to post opinions on line.

And then some people just decide there are other priorities in life than posting on an internet hockey board.

I hope the latter for Red Cows, rather than the former.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I agree.

You always worry when an active poster suddenly disappears from the Board with no explanation, like Old Pio did last year about this time. Sometimes a poster gets a little peeved or embarrassed and disappears, only to reappear using a different name, but I've seen no evidence of that with Red Cows. You will also occasionally have situations where insults/threats are made privately between posters or perhaps even between family members of players and a poster that causes them to reevaluate the need to post opinions on line.

And then some people just decide there are other priorities in life than posting on an internet hockey board.

I hope the latter for Red Cows, rather than the former.
                        I am going to go with the embarrassment one.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                        X