Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AP: New WCHA "bleeding money"

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    A strip of grass or pavement that divides a highway.
    Must have had a curb. I tripped over that one.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      A strip of grass or pavement that divides a highway.
      Could have fooled some of us... we see a Jersey barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        If it hasn't been bad for college hockey, why is attendance down at at least half the schools in the B10, NCHC and WCHA? Why is conference attendance dropped so much? Why do the so called "Big Time" programs refuse to visit the smaller schools without at least a 2 for 1 deal?
        I guess I wasn't clear enough in the point I tried to make when I posted "While I don't think the B1G hockey conference has necessarily been good for the 6 teams in it, I don't think it has been bad for college hockey." What has happened has not be good, but it wasn't the B1G that caused this suffering, it was the change in the WCHA and the folding of the CCHA that was brought about because of a few other schools reacting in such a knee-jerk way. Had everyone simply stayed put, many schools would be better off than they are today, and some greatly so. Many would be at the same level. Few would be in a worse position.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100
          30 seconds before puck drop of WI vs PSU at BI6 tourney at the XCel. Sad....

https://goo.gl/photos/EfR7CPynSbe6mCXdA
          I wouldn't judge tournament on the crowd at puck drop on a thursday afternoon (early game). But yes, its sad...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100
            Didn't fill up much more after the puck drop. And, Thursday afternoon in the old days was still 50% full.

Gotta love this from a Gopher fan...

https://goo.gl/photos/ayxYmh9TzmvPnDjDA
            there was no "Thursday afternoon" in the old days
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I stand corrected. It was a Thursday night game.

Will have to see if MSU vs OSU draws a bigger crowd tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
                I stand corrected. It was a Thursday night game.

Will have to see if MSU vs OSU draws a bigger crowd tonight.
                I'm sure it will be better, but still worse than a bad thursday night in the old days...no one in Minnesota cares about Michigan State or Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                  I guess I wasn't clear enough in the point I tried to make when I posted "While I don't think the B1G hockey conference has necessarily been good for the 6 teams in it, I don't think it has been bad for college hockey." What has happened has not be good, but it wasn't the B1G that caused this suffering, it was the change in the WCHA and the folding of the CCHA that was brought about because of a few other schools reacting in such a knee-jerk way. Had everyone simply stayed put, many schools would be better off than they are today, and some greatly so. Many would be at the same level. Few would be in a worse position.
                  The big name schools not playing at the small schools unless it's 2 for 1 has hurt the small schools a lot. Lake Superior has or will have made at least 3 trips in recent years to South Bend or the Irish holiday tournament yet Notre Dame refuses to go to the Soo. Minnesota goes to Duluth, St Cloud, Bemidji & Mankato once every four years instead of every year. Wisconsin has been the only one of the big ten colleges to give the smaller schools a fair shake. Now, the formation of the NCHC made things worse. Western Michigan or Miami had many rivals within a half day's drive and fans had it much easier going to road games.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    I'm sure it will be better, but still worse than a bad thursday night in the old days...no one in Minnesota cares about Michigan State or Ohio State.
                    Neither does anyone from North Dakota, it was always the drunk UND fans who filled the place up when UMN wasn't playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                      Neither does anyone from North Dakota, it was always the drunk UND fans who filled the place up when UMN wasn't playing.
                      very true...Minnesota and North Dakote drove that tournament with the great attendance numbers buffered by St. Cloud, UMD, Wisconsin and Michigan Tech. The biggest fallacy of the NCHC is the thought that DU brought financial value to the F5. They brought no fans, but I guess they brought first round money?

Comment

I'm sorry, but the early game in the Final Five would have similar attendance.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Paid attendance for Wisconsin and Penn State is listed as "zero." Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                            Paid attendance for Wisconsin and Penn State is listed as "zero." Hahahahaha
                            dont read anything into that...its one ticket, single session...it will say the same thing for the early game tomorrow at all the tournaments.

Comment

Lol. People are so quick to bash this like its some epic disaster. They don't even stop to think before they post.

It will be bad, but let's not sh#t ourselves trying.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Lol. People are so quick to bash this like its some epic disaster. They don't even stop to think before they post.

It will be bad, but let's not sh#t ourselves trying.
                                It will be similar to the CCHA tournament in years past. The problem is that the comparison to the WCHA F5 is so striking because of how amazing the F5 was.

Comment

Working...
                                X