Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-16 - The post-season journey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-16 - The post-season journey...

Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
    hahahaha... Cute bud
    Sucks when he's right....
    RIT Tigers

Comment

I mistakenly put Albany last night, and ended up being correct. The bid difference for Q is there is a far greater fan base closer to Worcester than Albany. We can grab all the alums in Springfield/Hartford and Boston easily in Worcester. Far less alums in Albany then Boston. Thats the difference to me. Excited for this weekend. I've heard broken collarbone swirled by the media after seeing him last night outside the rink. I think it's cautionary him being in a sling after seeing him lift up the trophy, hug teammates, and shake Hagwell's hand. Only time will tell, cause Rand certainly wont
      Quinnipiac University '15
      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
      ECAC Championship: 2016
      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Congrats on a great season, I hope it continues for QU. I'll be cheering for you guys for the rest of the season!
        Let's go Union !
        ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
        ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
        NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
          Congrats on a great season, I hope it continues for QU. I'll be cheering for you guys for the rest of the season!
          Thanks UFan .... Alway nice to have support of your league's brethren. GO ECAC!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
            I mistakenly put Albany last night, and ended up being correct. The bid difference for Q is there is a far greater fan base closer to Worcester than Albany. We can grab all the alums in Springfield/Hartford and Boston easily in Worcester. Far less alums in Albany then Boston. Thats the difference to me. Excited for this weekend. I've heard broken collarbone swirled by the media after seeing him last night outside the rink. I think it's cautionary him being in a sling after seeing him lift up the trophy, hug teammates, and shake Hagwell's hand. Only time will tell, cause Rand certainly wont
            They way he was moving doesn't seem like a broken collarbone. He wouldn't want to move at all if it was. I would bet it's a bruised bone or something like that, I almost want to say if it came down to the 3rd period we might have seen him out there.
            "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
            - Elon Musk

Comment

They way he was moving doesn't seem like a broken collarbone. He wouldn't want to move at all if it was. I would bet it's a bruised bone or something like that, I almost want to say if it came down to the 3rd period we might have seen him out there.
              As I have said a couple of times, he still had his gear on including pads. If it were a serious injury those would have been gone and he would have been icing it and/or in a sling.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                As I have said a couple of times, he still had his gear on including pads. If it were a serious injury those would have been gone and he would have been icing it and/or in a sling.
                Yeah exactly. I am stoked for this weekend! I will be enjoying the Regionals in Reno, NV... Also, the bookstore has ECAC Champions shirts. I just ordered myself one... National Champs shirt NEXT!

I couldn't be more pumped for the chance at YALE again!
                "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
                - Elon Musk

Comment

Yeah exactly. I am stoked for this weekend! I will be enjoying the Regionals in Reno, NV... Also, the bookstore has ECAC Champions shirts. I just ordered myself one... National Champs shirt NEXT!

I couldn't be more pumped for the chance at YALE again!
                  Man, you boys are cocky.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                    Man, you boys are cocky.
                    I wouldn't say its cocky. This team has truly been the top team in the country for pretty much the entire season. They have a sweep against fellow #1 seed St. Cloud State, swept NCAA tournament team Yale, beat NCAA team Harvard 3 times. There only losses are to BU an NCAA tourney team, St. Lawrence, a team that reached the ECAC Semi's and is 19th in the pairwise and Cornell a physical team that is ranked 15th in the pairwise and just missed the tournament. Compared to RIT who 2 wins against Robert Morris the 20th win the pairwise as their best wins of the season. Quinnipiac is in the top 5 in the country in scoring and 6th in team defense. They are in the top 5 for PP in the country and #3 in PK. 4 consecutive NCAA tournaments with a frozen four mixed in. There is a reason we can be confident. This is a really good team.
                    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                      Man, you boys are cocky.
                      I'm sorry, are you guys #1 overall? Have you guys been #1 in the nation for most of the year? I believe the word is confident, not cocky. I have watched some of those AHA playoff games and there isn't much you guys do that would even give us an issue. Good luck with a team that rolls 4 lines and our third would start on your team.
                      - Elon Musk

Comment

I'm sorry, are you guys #1 overall? Have you guys been #1 in the nation for most of the year? I believe the word is confident, not cocky. I have watched some of those AHA playoff games and there isn't much you guys do that would even give us an issue. Good luck with a team that rolls 4 lines and our third would start on your team.
                        Hah.
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          I wouldn't say its cocky. This team has truly been the top team in the country for pretty much the entire season. They have a sweep against fellow #1 seed St. Cloud State, swept NCAA tournament team Yale, beat NCAA team Harvard 3 times. There only losses are to BU an NCAA tourney team, St. Lawrence, a team that reached the ECAC Semi's and is 19th in the pairwise and Cornell a physical team that is ranked 15th in the pairwise and just missed the tournament. Compared to RIT who 2 wins against Robert Morris the 20th win the pairwise as their best wins of the season. Quinnipiac is in the top 5 in the country in scoring and 6th in team defense. They are in the top 5 for PP in the country and #3 in PK. 4 consecutive NCAA tournaments with a frozen four mixed in. There is a reason we can be confident. This is a really good team.
                          And yet, none of that guarantees anything when the puck drops on Saturday afternoon.

Listen, I'm just as confident and excited as you guys, but this is hockey. It's a one-and-done. RIT could easily beat Quinnipiac. Do I think it's going to happen? Of course not, you'd be silly to actually expect the upset. But one-and-done in hockey is too scary to be this confident about the result. I'm hopeful -- extremely hopeful -- but not confident. Not in this sport.

Quinnipiac is clearly the better team. They've clearly got all the stats in their favor. But ultimately, it means absolutely nothing.

Comment

I think the sensitivity from the RIT fanbase is that these things you mention here were the case with both Denver in 2010 and Minnesota State last year (actually Denver was #2 overall). Super strong teams, 4 talented lines, near the top in all team categories and several player categories (I think both had a top 3 goalie in the country). So while there shouldn't necessarily be a level of respect for historical success in round 1 just for the sake of history, there should be some respect that Wayne Wilson is a talented coach and seems to have a knack for figuring out a game plan that works just long enough to knock off a top seed that is more talented in this one-and-done format. It's happened three times (DEN, UNH, MinnST). He is 2-0 in opening round NCAA games vs #1 seeds. No one outside of Rochester thought that those two teams would do anything that would give Denver or MinnSt an issue.

Taking that into account, you can see why a RIT fan would object to someone from Q saying they are excited to get a shot at Yale on Sunday.

Of course, I don't blame anyone at Q for being excited because they are playing excellent hockey and are very, very talented.

Just my $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by ZamboniDude View Post
                              I think the sensitivity from the RIT fanbase is that these things you mention here were the case with both Denver in 2010 and Minnesota State last year (actually Denver was #2 overall). Super strong teams, 4 talented lines, near the top in all team categories and several player categories (I think both had a top 3 goalie in the country). So while there shouldn't necessarily be a level of respect for historical success in round 1 just for the sake of history, there should be some respect that Wayne Wilson is a talented coach and seems to have a knack for figuring out a game plan that works just long enough to knock off a top seed that is more talented in this one-and-done format. It's happened three times (DEN, UNH, MinnST). He is 2-0 in opening round NCAA games vs #1 seeds. No one outside of Rochester thought that those two teams would do anything that would give Denver or MinnSt an issue.

Taking that into account, you can see why a RIT fan would object to someone from Q saying they are excited to get a shot at Yale on Sunday.

Of course, I don't blame anyone at Q for being excited because they are playing excellent hockey and are very, very talented.

Just my $0.02
                              No disrespect, Quinni is having a great season, but RIT thrives on one and done. I'm hoping for a fun game Saturday.
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by ZamboniDude View Post

Just my $0.02
                                Listen I get it, I really do. But I am also not trying to sit here and give credit to a team that A. hasn't beat an ECAC team this year and B. has had a streaky goalie all year. We can all talk about how RIT has done against #1 seeds in the NCAA Tournament but it's a new year, different team. After watching their PP and PK there is no way and I mean NO WAY RIT will score on the PP against Q. Wayne Wilson has done very well up there but it's peanuts to what Rand has done.
                                - Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                                X