Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    That does sound disappointing (the quasi-recognition for the gold medalists).

But the students whipped out "God Bless America"? That's pretty cool.
    Better wait til others chime in. Maybe I'm being too tough. It wasn't horrible, but it certainly didn't meet my hopes or expectations.

Comment

I never really get my hopes up for fans at the KC to understand anything outside of the realm of Badger hockey, so I was not disappointed.

I was glad to participate in the U-S-A cheer instead of You-Still-Suck. Our student section has limited class at times but I was happy to see that we exercised our class at that point

As for the "God Bless America" singing, it was very good. There is a group of students who are very good singers and harmonize during songs like "Roll out the Barrel" and "In Heaven there is no Beer." They took over during "God Bless America" and it turned out very nicely.

As for the game...I thought it was very entertaining. USA surprised me by keeping up with UW and actually having a number of chances. I was happy they got the goal near the end as well; they deserved one.

Bennett started this game but do you think they will go back to the Friday/Saturday rotation? I hope they stick with Scott, since I do not feel that he has done anything to lose the starting spot. Also, he does not dick around with the puck as much as Bennett and that always makes me nervous. I also think Scott has better rebound control, but to be honest I haven't paid as much attention to that as of late.
      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Hell, a good chunk of the people at the games aren't even Badger hockey fans, they're just Badger fans, and often don't know seemingly obvious things about "their own" team.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Better wait til others chime in. Maybe I'm being too tough. It wasn't horrible, but it certainly didn't meet my hopes or expectations.
          I think I was tough on the two future Badgers on the ice for USA. I wasn't impressed with either of them. If they expect to suit up next year they will be in for a rude awaking.

Comment

Talked to one of the U18 kids and he was absolutely gushing about the campus, the rink, and the game.

He obviously wanted a better outcome but said the team was very impressed with Wisconsin. Also told me Mersch and Simonelli are very lucky to be headed to UW.

Comment

Listen,
              No one should have expected a huge ovation for the gold medal winners.
              Why you ask? Because UW was playing a U-18 team and many people didn't go. If it was a WCHA game, it would have been a lot louder and longer. The 3 players will probably get a very good ovation in a couple weeks against Denver...........I hope.
              Last edited by Red Till I'm Dead!; 01-11-2010, 07:32 AM. Reason: wrong day used

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                Bennett started this game but do you think they will go back to the Friday/Saturday rotation? I hope they stick with Scott, since I do not feel that he has done anything to lose the starting spot. Also, he does not dick around with the puck as much as Bennett and that always makes me nervous. I also think Scott has better rebound control, but to be honest I haven't paid as much attention to that as of late.

I give Bennett credit for putting his body on the line when he went out of the net to take away that breakaway chance and got plowed over. From what I've seen I think Scott has been the better goalie this season, but the rotation is working, so I hope they stick with it for the next few weeks until one can really have a dominant, defining win over a solid opponent.
                Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

What was the attendance?

Who scored for Bucky?
                  Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post
                    What was the attendance?

Who scored for Bucky?
                    This should answer all your questions:
                    http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...s/mu18wis1.j09

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                      Yeah, that's exactly how I felt during the UND/USA WJC team game exhibition before Xmas. It was fun just watching the game and seeing the talent on the USA side.
                      Little did we know that they'd be winning gold just a few short weeks later.
                      So how did the national athem end...Sue or Brave?

UW goaltending....I'm really torn. On the one end, Goody has played a bit better overall than Bennett, but Bennett has certainly played well, so on that side of the ledger I would not be opposed to seeing the rotation continue. On the other hand, come playoff time, I prefer 1 guy gets the nod, so why not just give that guy the most of the starts now (Goody), and play Bennett once out of every 4. The thing that does not sit well with me was that Bennett played his worst game in his biggest game to date (the rodents), and Goody has played well in tight games against better competetion than the rodents. I just convinced myself to give the nod to Goody.

Thurber put points on the board again....Eaves needs to keep him on the top 3 lines somehow.

I do really love how UW took care of business Saturday night. A far cry from the last time UW played these guys. I just about had a stroke that night, but a huge 3rd period carried the day and kept me out of the hospital.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        This should answer all your questions:
                        http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...s/mu18wis1.j09
                        I know I'm going to feel like a seive after asking this, but here goes:

I don't think I've ever seen "LL" on the score sheet next to a goal before (as there is next to Jordy Murray's goal in the first. I've seen "GW", "SH", "EA" and "PP" (and those are all obvious), but "LL"?
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                        X