Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    Thanks!!!

Is this the team Eaves used to coach?
    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

Like XYZ noted, the players from the U18 squad are already expecting to get sieved and heckled. And I'm sure they are excited about it. Don't disappoint them.
      Sorry, just can't get past the logo on the front. Plus, they're 17 year olds and to my thinking are the underdogs.

I'm hoping that they are cheered during the intros, but that may be asking too much.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
        I don't remember (but being old sometimes I don't remember what I had for breakfast) any live games on WPT. A local station may have purchased the feed from WPT and broadcast it, but WPT didn't show it live. They all were shown at 10:30pm. In the old days (early 80's) WPT used to show them at night and the next morning.
        I don't remember any PBS telecasts being live, and I go back to the mid 80's. I would get home from work @ 10:30 pm during HS and College and watch UW games. The good old days. Then when they were away, I'd have to drive 12 miles to the nearest town that had a WI St Journal and buy one to see if they won or lost the day before. Eventually I suscribed to it, but out here in the boonies, I'd get the paper the next day. It's kind of crazy to think that I'd have to wait til the next day to see if they won or lost. Now any result for anything is just a few clicks away.

I know poles are meaningless, but it's cool to see UW @ #4. It's been awhile.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ansinator View Post
          Don't ever wish for that.
          I was a long time customer of Charter, yeah, they sucked, but hell, at least they opened up their "infomercial channel" (Charter Mainstreet) for Badger Hockey (at least for most of the home games, anyway). My current carrier isn't much to talk about either, way over priced, but that comes with living out in "the boonies."
          Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Sorry, just can't get past the logo on the front. Plus, they're 17 year olds and to my thinking are the underdogs.

I'm hoping that they are cheered during the intros, but that may be asking too much.

I'm wondering about the girls game tonight. Two current badgers and five former Badgers, including one of the best female goalies ever to play the game. And coached by a UW legend as well. I think I'll just end up cheering for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rob View Post
              I'm wondering about the girls game tonight. Two current badgers and five former Badgers, including one of the best female goalies ever to play the game. And coached by a UW legend as well. I think I'll just end up cheering for everyone.
              I caught the game back in Fond du Lac between the USA team and badger women...must have been seven or so years ago. It was a great atmosphere and everyone was cheering for great hockey, not one team. USA ended up practicing passing after a 8-0 lead or so but it was still exciting to have the crowd cheer for the badgers women to score (unfortunately, they did not).

I do not know about the U-18 game. I want to go about being a normal badger fan but I do not think I can sieve a team USA goalie (we will find out). I think I will be more passive and just watch for some great hockey.
              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

On behalf of the country and the New York Rangers, thank you for Derek Stepan.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                  On behalf of the country and the New York Rangers, thank you for Derek Stepan.
                  It will be fun to watch him on the Center Ice package as he deals for you guys. Some of those passes... Just let us keep him for one more season after this one... K?

He's been good for us, but he really elevated over the past couple of weeks. It'll be interesting to see how he maintains when he gets back to the more physical game in the NCAA.

Comment

Well Varsity Wisconsin, are you now okay with us lending a few to the cause?

• Our program got several nice shout outs throughout the tourney and especially at the end of the game tonight.

• Stepan elevated his game and will probably be better down the stretch than he would have had he not gone.

• And we even won the utterly meaningless(in comparison) Badger Showdown without them.

Before you all jump on me, I was at the games and am glad we won and I realize that we are now 4th and the tie with Yale will help in the pairwise and all that, but the WJC is so much bigger than one weekend of college hockey in January.

Now for the second half!

Comment

As we move into the second half of the season and Stepan is back and Murray is heathy, we have a bit of a log jam at forward again. What do you do with Dolan and Thurber. For the UND series and the Showdown, Thurber was in my opinion one of the better Badgers on the ice. During the Showdown I thought Dolan provided some spark to the 4th line, so who goes where.

The line that I think needs to have a shake up is the Street line. Derek Lee has been given an opportunity to show what he can do (played well against UAA & Mich Tech) but disappeared against strong physical teams like North Dakota. When Stepan gets back to practice he will move back onto a line with Davies & Murray, and I think Blake's line will remain intact. I would like to see Thurber move to center between Bomber and Street. On the 4th line I would like to see Bendy between Grotting and Johnson/Dolan.

I think that these combos will make us better on both the offensive but also the defensive ends of the ice.

Just this guy's opinion.

Comment

Bendi-Grotting-Dolan is a line that I like. They've made for effective grind lines in the past (with help from Mitchell).
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I'd sit Mitchell...he has regressed quite a bit in the last couple years. I even like Pat Johnson ahead of him, based on the last few games I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                            I'd sit Mitchell...he has regressed quite a bit in the last couple years. I even like Pat Johnson ahead of him, based on the last few games I've seen.
                            I was pumped about Mitchell going out of last year. Remember the concern that he would leave? Now this year, where's he been?

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                              Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                              I was pumped about Mitchell going out of last year. Remember the concern that he would leave? Now this year, where's he been?
                              Mitchell has always disappeared for the 1st half of the season for the previous two only to come on strong in the second half. I hve no problem sitting him hoping that it would light a fire in him and get him back to where he should hav been at the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Well Varsity Wisconsin, are you now okay with us lending a few to the cause?

• Our program got several nice shout outs throughout the tourney and especially at the end of the game tonight.

• Stepan elevated his game and will probably be better down the stretch than he would have had he not gone.

• And we even won the utterly meaningless(in comparison) Badger Showdown without them.

Before you all jump on me, I was at the games and am glad we won and I realize that we are now 4th and the tie with Yale will help in the pairwise and all that, but the WJC is so much bigger than one weekend of college hockey in January.

Now for the second half!
                                I was just about to post something similar... I wonder if you ask Stepan, Ramage, or Gardnier how it felt to beat Canada for that "meaningless" gold medal. What a great win for the US, and I'm glad that our boys played a big part of it. Now, let's move our focus onto bringing home NC #7!
                                Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Working...
                                X