BU at PC, Fri Jan 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU at PC, Fri Jan 15

Drawing a blank on pithy thread titles. "Something vs. {PROVICED," right?

We got BU, winners of all their games in 2010 so far. (That'd be 2.) And Providence, losers of 6 in a row.

What else? We'll probably need the usual train station safety tips, the usual best pizza near the arena ideas, etc etc. Go!
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Re: BU at PC, Fri Jan 15

Ho, hum, Army's 89th loss in less than five full years I would say.

Providence Train Station - safest in the Northeast. You probably have to take Amtrak back to Boston. I think the last T trip is at about 7 p.m. But it has been awhile since I last checked.

Pizza - try Tommy's on Chalkstone Avenue or Caserta's on Federal Hill.

Tickets should be available at the door.

Not sure if PC will show up.

Comment

PC is going to beat BU. Probably by like 6 goals or something like that. BU stinks and BU fans are jerk faces who don't know anything about stuff.

Sorry to flame so hard but that's how I roll.

***Time out from flaming. I do hope that any BU fans coming down for the game at Providence have a safe trip, see a good game and enjoys themselves.

Back to my flaming. BU fans are dumb dumbs.

Comment

I've never made the drive down on a Friday afternoon. How long should I be expecting this commute to take?
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          I've never made the drive down on a Friday afternoon. How long should I be expecting this commute to take?
          If you leave before 5p it should take you no more than 45 minutes from Rt. 128 (where you hop on to 95 south in Canton).

If you leave after 6 it should also take you no more than 45 minutes.

It's about an hour from Rt. 128 on a Friday evening between 5p and 6 p.

Trust me, I do this trip almost daily and certainly on Fridays. Aside from my vicious flame earlier (which now I'm feeling was too over the top), I actually like BU fans any other week of the year except for when my mighty Friars face the Terriers, so I wouldn't wrong you.

Comment

I'm all out of sorts about this game. First of all, the weather is supposed to be very nice on Friday. Usually, the weather is bad for Friday games in Providence. Second, it's not during Lent so there will actually be hot dogs for sale. It seems like every time I've been at The Coffin lately it's been Lent.

So, given these two abnormalities, I am fearful for BU's chances on Friday.

I've been suffereing with a serious sinus infection/sore throat/exhaustion for a while now so it might be a game day decision for me if I attend. I have a ticket and am planning to go, but it depends how I feel. The forecasted good weather is a plus. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              If you leave before 5p it should take you no more than 45 minutes from Rt. 128 (where you hop on to 95 south in Canton).

If you leave after 6 it should also take you no more than 45 minutes.

It's about an hour from Rt. 128 on a Friday evening between 5p and 6 p.

Trust me, I do this trip almost daily and certainly on Fridays. Aside from my vicious flame earlier (which now I'm feeling was too over the top), I actually like BU fans any other week of the year except for when my mighty Friars face the Terriers, so I wouldn't wrong you.
              The only problem is that depending on what is happening... it can also take an additional 45 minutes from the mass pike to where you get on 128 in Canton.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                It seems like every time I've been at The Coffin lately it's been Lent.
                That's because you buy the visitors seats!!! The home seats allow you access to the meat room where the meat buffet is always flowing EVEN during Lent. Advent is actually prime rib season at the Friends of Friar Hockey meat locker.

Stick with us, we'll take good care of you Scarlet.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  The only problem is that depending on what is happening... it can also take an additional 45 minutes from the mass pike to where you get on 128 in Canton.
                  True. I'd cut through Boston. Either by taking the J-way to the VFW Parkway to Dedham Rt.1 or take the J-way to Washington Street by way of Roslindale (Jon's 'Hood") West Roxbury into Dedham by East Street, on to 128.

But you are dead on about the Mass pike to Canton. Breakdown lane in use AFTER 3p though!

Comment

Last visit to the coffin for me was the night some pc undergrads ran past yankeefan and stole his flag... Dudes kept running right out the back door and into the night. Funny stuff ( though I don't condone theft of property at all )
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Jackie might spazz out and toss water bottles if his team can't equal BC's 45-15 shot advantage. Alex Beaudry is going to need psychological help if this keeps up...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        Jackie might spazz out and toss water bottles if his team can't equal BC's 45-15 shot advantage. Alex Beaudry is going to need psychological help if this keeps up...
                        I saw Jackie at the BC/Providence game last night.
                        He may have been there to "scout" the Friars in preparation for this Friday night's game but I think he really went to last night's game just to bust stones from LAST Friday night's game.

I believe that I was the only one in the building not sneering at him and not making suggestions of things he could do to himself if he were flexible enough.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Last visit to the coffin for me was the night some pc undergrads ran past yankeefan and stole his flag... Dudes kept running right out the back door and into the night. Funny stuff ( though I don't condone theft of property at all )

LOLz
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Hahahahhhaa. To be fair, they probably didn't even have to run from yankeefat.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              I saw Jackie at the BC/Providence game last night.
                              He may have been there to "scout" the Friars in preparation for this Friday night's game but I think he really went to last night's game just to bust stones from LAST Friday night's game.

I believe that I was the only one in the building not sneering at him and not making suggestions of things he could do to himself if he were flexible enough.
                              I only called him A Scumbag.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                              X