X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied
    Re: Big Ten 2015-2016

The Little Six wouldn't let Arizona State in for the simple fact that they would at worst be the 3rd best team in the conference.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Well, this is interesting if it is indeed as probable as is being suggested.

I would have to think it's about more than just the play-offs; also about trying to add some winning programs to the conference.
    Or maybe not. The attendance atrocity last year in Detroit and the prospective low attendance next week may be the only thing that the conference higher-ups really care about.

ASU? No thanks. The last thing this conference needs is to add a bottom-tier program. Perhaps I'm being harsh toward ASU, but I don't see anything that tells me they are going to become a legitimate team in the near future.

If ASU comes in with another established program I suppose that would be alright. Notre Dame would fit that bill in my mind. I don't really care about them, and they wouldn't add any of that much-missed "rivalry" factor, but they are a legitimate NCAA Tournament team 3 out of every 5 years.

But my question is, how ****ty would that be if ND went to Hockey East, Hockey East then went out and added UConn to the league pretty much only because ND came in and unbalanced the numbers, and then ND bolted just a few years later leaving Hockey East again with unbalanced numbers?
    Please take them.
    Thanks,

Fans of the other 11 hockey east teams

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

As long as there is no stupid third place game.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Well, this is interesting if it is indeed as probable as is being suggested.

I would have to think it's about more than just the play-offs; also about trying to add some winning programs to the conference.
    Or maybe not. The attendance atrocity last year in Detroit and the prospective low attendance next week may be the only thing that the conference higher-ups really care about.

ASU? No thanks. The last thing this conference needs is to add a bottom-tier program. Perhaps I'm being harsh toward ASU, but I don't see anything that tells me they are going to become a legitimate team in the near future.

If ASU comes in with another established program I suppose that would be alright. Notre Dame would fit that bill in my mind. I don't really care about them, and they wouldn't add any of that much-missed "rivalry" factor, but they are a legitimate NCAA Tournament team 3 out of every 5 years.

But my question is, how ****ty would that be if ND went to Hockey East, Hockey East then went out and added UConn to the league pretty much only because ND came in and unbalanced the numbers, and then ND bolted just a few years later leaving Hockey East again with unbalanced numbers?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

The whole point of this is to expand the playoffs I think. Conventional wisdom is seeing the first round back on home arenas.

Leave a comment:

• Decatur Spartan
    replied

So lets say the B10 adds a Hockey program. Seven teams. 24 conference games. Cuts out four Non-Con games. So, still keep 6 schools in the playoffs? I for one, despise the current Play-off system. There should ALWAYS be at least one round on campus sites. Hard to get enthusiastic, when like MSU, you are one and done every year.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

I haven't paid attention to ND too much since the conference splits, but I don't see why they would want to move out of HE unless everything is falling apart. They could've been in the Big Ten 15 years ago and said no. Instead they've decided to try to be as much of an East Coast school as possible without physically moving the campus.

If it's UConn, I quit.

ASU would be alright if, and only if, it causes other Big Ten or Pac 12 schools to add hockey.

Leave a comment:

• Decatur Spartan
    replied

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    I feel the same way about Ohio state
    I wouldn't mind a OSU sweep. Another nail in tCHHCoMSU's coffin. I do feel for Hildebrand. That such an outstanding Goaltender happened to end up with one of the poorest Coaches in MSU History, is saddening.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Notre Dame is even money in my book to get the spot. I have no idea who the second would be.

ASU and the rumored UConn (lol) do nothing for me.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I was hoping we could've turned the B1G Dominance thread from earlier this season into the Big Ten general thread, but that didn't take off.

MSU has three straight coming up against the Buckeyes. If we only get one against them, I hope it's on St. Patty's.
    I feel the same way about Ohio state

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Originally posted by dirty View Post
    ooo! Merrimack fans are going to be super excited!
    Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by BSBIG View Post
    I'll give you a hint. They are in Hockey East and they don't belong in it.
    Ooo! Merrimack fans are going to be super excited!

Leave a comment:

• BSBIG
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Apparently posting a thread doesn't subscribe you on mobile.
    I'll give you a hint. They are in Hockey East and they don't belong in it.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    So I went back five pages and also did a search, I didn't see a big ten thread.

That being said, it sounds like the big ten will be adding at least one affiliate member here very soon.

This comes from Rick Pizzo, a reliable source within the BTN. Posted it on Twitter.
    At least one? Who else would there be besides ASU?

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I was hoping we could've turned the B1G Dominance thread from earlier this season into the Big Ten general thread, but that didn't take off.

MSU has three straight coming up against the Buckeyes. If we only get one against them, I hope it's on St. Patty's.
    I think we were all hiding behind that the "Dominance" stone, so could not post.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X