Big Ten 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten 2015-2016

So, we have 3 spastic teams, 2 loser teams, and one old team. hard to predict anything but the losers.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Seems the B1G really does not care either. As of 6:00 pm CDT the tournament bracket still just list the seed #, not the teams.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-hockey/

bracket here

Interestingly, the http address for the bracket has this bit:........"misc_non_event"
      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
        Seems the B1G really does not care either. As of 6:00 pm CDT the tournament bracket still just list the seed #, not the teams.

bracket here

Interestingly, the http address for the bracket has this bit:........"misc_non_event"
        Sounds like the B10 is not happy that they took this Hockey Conference thing on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
          Sounds like the B10 is not happy that they took this Hockey Conference thing on.
          Well, neither are we so. . .

Comment

bracket here

At least it's truth in advertising.

Also, if they want attendance, they might consider directing their default ticket page towards allowing folks to purchase individual game tickets. Right now, they're trying to sucker people into buying the $80 All Session package.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              PSU over UW: 4-1
              OSU over MSU: 5-2
              MU over PSU: 3-2
              UM over OSU: 4-3 OT
              MU over UM: 3-1 ENG
              I just thought I would point out that there are no MU teams in the B1G, only in other conferences. There are two UM teams though. One was founded in 1817 while the other was founded in 1851. If you want to abbreviate with two letters might I suggest UM (aka U of Michigan). and tU (aka The U or U of Minnesota). Otherwise, I would suggest refraining from using UM as too many schools use it (three in DI hockey I believe and more throughout the NCAA).

Comment

bracket here

Well they've at least set straight the teams.

But wow, that address... good lord. Does Barry run the B1G website too?

Edit: Nevermind. It appears that The Actually Important To People Sport has the same thing going on. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...entbracket.pdf
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Well they've at least set straight the teams.

But wow, that address... good lord. Does Barry run the B1G website too?

Edit: Nevermind. It appears that The Actually Important To People Sport has the same thing going on. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...entbracket.pdf
                  You would think that if they gave a crap about hockey, they would at least have an intern plug in the team names before the DQ tailgate started

Comment

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
                    I just thought I would point out that there are no MU teams in the B1G, only in other conferences. There are two UM teams though. One was founded in 1817 while the other was founded in 1851. If you want to abbreviate with two letters might I suggest UM (aka U of Michigan). and tU (aka The U or U of Minnesota). Otherwise, I would suggest refraining from using UM as too many schools use it (three in DI hockey I believe and more throughout the NCAA).
                    or *woosh*.

I'll let you pick.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Okay, maybe this belongs in a different thread (as it could also relate to the idea of replacing the four regionals with two 'Super Regionals'), but how would it work, logistically speaking, if we wanted to share the X with the NCHC or WCHA for a conference tourney?

Obviously, it'd be easier if we didn't have two quarterfinal games to deal with and just had the two semis and a finals, but could that work? I have a hard time believing so, considering how many early Thursday/Friday games you would need and attendance would still suck there. But maybe the Saturday sessions could still have a bit of the old WCHA F5 feel to them?
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Okay, maybe this belongs in a different thread (as it could also relate to the idea of replacing the four regionals with two 'Super Regionals'), but how would it work, logistically speaking, if we wanted to share the X with the NCHC or WCHA for a conference tourney?

Obviously, it'd be easier if we didn't have two quarterfinal games to deal with and just had the two semis and a finals, but could that work? I have a hard time believing so, considering how many early Thursday/Friday games you would need and attendance would still suck there. But maybe the Saturday sessions could still have a bit of the old WCHA F5 feel to them?
                        That could actually really be cool if you could get each league's tourney to 4 teams. Two games from one league on Thursday, two from the other on Friday, two championship games on Saturday. I'd buy tickets for that (but I'm going anyway)

Comment

I think that idea has been batted around on GPL a few times.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
                            You would think that if they gave a crap about hockey, they would at least have an intern plug in the team names before the DQ tailgate started
                            Well, the DQ tailgate is in no way affiliated in any official capacity with any entity, so that's why they don't care (and probably don't even know about the tailgate in the first place).
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
                              I like MU. I think everyone here should use it.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Well, the DQ tailgate is in no way affiliated in any official capacity with any entity, so that's why they don't care (and probably don't even know about the tailgate in the first place).
                                So you're saying Barry isn't likely to stop by?

Comment

Working...
                                X