Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten 2015-2016

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That line of thinking is kind of ten years ago.

Notre Dame's closest opponent in HEA is about as far as Minnesota, their furthest opponent, in the BTHC. It's a bad fit.

The BTN and NBCSN aren't mutually exclusive. Everything is negotiable now.
    Having read John Bacon's new book, Endzone- I think the hard feelings between ND and some B1G schools is still pretty strong. And certainly much shorter than 10 years ago.

One more think we can all blame Brandon for.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      The B1G was the result of PSU adding hockey. Once added to 6, there was no choice based on B1G rules. If you fault those long standing rules, ok...
      That's BS, and you OUGHT to know it. The "Big 10 MUST take over hockey once half the members have d1 teams" rule is, and always was a myth.

Either way, we all still HATE you...AND the nacho bunch too.
      Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
        That's BS, and you OUGHT to know it. The "Big 10 MUST take over hockey once half the members have d1 teams" rule is, and always was a myth.

Tough. Deal with it.

If you want to hate, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Tough. Deal with it.

If you want to hate, that's your problem.
          You'd think they'd all be rejoicing. It took a group of 5 teams that had a chance at the tournament every year and made it a one bid league. More chances for everyone else!
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            You'd think they'd all be rejoicing. It took a group of 5 teams that had a chance at the tournament every year and made it a one bid league. More chances for everyone else!
            Obviously not an ECAC fan. They've done well with the B1G as a conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post

Lighten up Alice. We are here for fun. Not to spew venom and discord.

Comment

My guess is most likely candidates are:

ASU
                UND
                UMD (it is the University of MN afterall)

I don't think ND makes larger B1G reasons already stated.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  My guess is most likely candidates are:

ASU
                  UND
                  UMD (it is the University of MN afterall)

I don't think ND makes larger B1G reasons already stated.
                  I would wager a LOT that tUMD never gets an invite to the Big Ten
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

From GPL:

Here are my predictions:

50% Tier
                    1. ASU. Because it's new and shiny
                    2. Notre Dame. Because it makes sense to everyone involved.
                    -----25% Tier
                    3. Duluth - My line of thinking was the same as yours, it's under the umbrella.
                    -----5% Tier
                    4. UNO - Same line, but I think less so
                    -----.5% Tier
                    5. UConn - because why not
                    6. North Dakota
                    7. Mankato
                    8. Miami
                    -----.05% Tier
                    9. BC
                    10. BU
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Shouldn't the sum of those probabilities = 2.0 or something?

Never mind for some reason I keep thinking they'll add two teams, and that was never confirmed.
                      Last edited by Bonin21; 03-10-2016, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Did I miss a link, or other piece of information that actually says "The B10 will add Hockey Programs"? And if so, what link, and was there a time frame mentioned. Because otherwise, it is all hopeful, yet meaningless, jibber jabber. So, info on a link please.
                        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          This is absolutely wrong and a complete myth. The conference says that you must have six teams before you can PROPOSE a Big Ten conference. Then you vote on it.
                          This.

And once the B1G started to form, MN pretty much had to join, or lose out on ALL sports in the B1G. MN fans hate the B1G as much as everyone else.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            This.

And once the B1G started to form, MN pretty much had to join, or lose out on ALL sports in the B1G. MN fans hate the B1G as much as everyone else.
                            This MN fan loves the B1G. So glad it happened. Michigan. Michigan State, Ohio State, and Penn State are conference foes in every other sport. Only seems right for them to be conference foes in my favorite sport as well.
                            National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                            National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                              This MN fan loves the B1G. So glad it happened. Michigan. Michigan State, Ohio State, and Penn State are conference foes in every other sport. Only seems right for them to be conference foes in my favorite sport as well.
                              I refer back to my statement that tArrogance does not currently accept you as One Of Us. This is one of the reasons why.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                                Did I miss a link, or other piece of information that actually says "The B10 will add Hockey Programs"? And if so, what link, and was there a time frame mentioned. Because otherwise, it is all hopeful, yet meaningless, jibber jabber. So, info on a link please.
                                Thank you.
                                I'm guessing here but I think it was this Tweet from Rick Pizzo (BigTen Network): "@BTNRickPizzo: The league is not staying at 6 for long. Trust me here https://t.co/pmqzNSAQWa" that started this thread at least. Personally I think it is still just speculation but you have to believe at some point in the not too distant future the conference will expand somehow.

I don't think any 6 teams as a conference would do well playing a schedule like the B1G (4 games against the other five teams in the league). Don't get me wrong, the correct six teams with the correct non-conference schedule and performance could manage to get 3 teams into the tourney but it would be very tough I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X