• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJHovey
    replied
    Re: Big Ten 2015-2016

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Things have changed. Significantly. It's all about revenue now. The second it becomes better financially for Notre dame to jump, they will.
    This is exactly right. I know there were some who follow the NCHC who hoped that conference could ultimately lure Notre Dame and Arizona State to join. I was, and am, very much opposed to this idea as a fan of one of the schools in that conference. Those schools have no ties to ours, or the B1G for that matter. They're just renting a spot until the grass looks greener elsewhere.

It's possible that the B1G ends up as a final resting spot for Notre Dame for all sports, but never ASU.

Leave a comment:

• fightingsiouxfan16
    replied

Everything is negotiable. But as I said, the revenue from BTN for Rutgers is twice what Notre Dame makes on their contract.

They let Notre Dame stay on NBCSN for hockey.
    Well then possible that ND goes to BIG but for now i cant see them leaving the ACC. As you are saying BTN produces money at a large rate but the sports in the ACC is better.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Everything is negotiable. But as I said, the revenue from BTN for Rutgers is twice what Notre Dame makes on their contract.

They let Notre Dame stay on NBCSN for hockey.

Leave a comment:

• fightingsiouxfan16
    replied

Things have changed. Significantly. It's all about revenue now. The second it becomes better financially for Notre dame to jump, they will.
    Thats how most people feel about ND. I just cant see them leaving NBC. they are such a staple on NBC for the past idk forever on that network every saturday. I would assume that if the BIG would accept ND and let them stay on NBC then yes i can see them jumping

Leave a comment:

• fightingsiouxfan16
    replied

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    What games do you watch on BTN? Just the hockey? I don't see much to watch on there.
    wrestling which is the best in the country. I think you get some college lacrosse on it as well.

Leave a comment:

• giwan
    replied

Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
    Well not everyone gets BTN. Im not even sure every cable provider has it. I have BTN at my house and i watch the games on there. But everyone has NBC so how many more viewers turn into NBC then BTN
    What games do you watch on BTN? Just the hockey? I don't see much to watch on there.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fightingsiouxfan16
    replied

So what?

The BTN is still more than twice as lucrative as nbc.
    well there is gotta be a reason as to why ND chose to put their sports into the ACC and not the BIG. ACC lacrosse is better then the BIG and im an avid college lacrosse fan. It would be great to get Denver into the ACC but im sure itll never happen. ACC baseball is better then BIG. BIG and ACC basketball is pretty much on the same platform on most years.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Well not everyone gets BTN. Im not even sure every cable provider has it. I have BTN at my house and i watch the games on there. But everyone has NBC so how many more viewers turn into NBC then BTN
    So what?

The BTN is still more than twice as lucrative as nbc.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Michigan paid more into that bowl game pot than they got out last year. Purdue paid in nothing and got a piece. So it's a more constant number that Big Ten schools get, rather than the wild swings that ND gets between years where they go to big bowl games or fleabag ones (or none at all).
    That money is peanuts compared to football and tv money.

Leave a comment:

• fightingsiouxfan16
    replied

NBC's contract with Notre Dame is worth about $15 million a year. The BTN's is worth north of $30 million per school.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

How much of that money does Michigan get from other programs in the conference, gotta remember when these teams go to bowl games and such they split the money with the whole conference. ND being independent doesnt get money from other schools. So that number next to ND is the money ND has raised.
    Michigan paid more into that bowl game pot than they got out last year. Purdue paid in nothing and got a piece. So it's a more constant number that Big Ten schools get, rather than the wild swings that ND gets between years where they go to big bowl games or fleabag ones (or none at all).

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Will never happen. They have said it a million times they will not give up that NBC contract to join a conference. They make so much money from NBC its crazy. If they were gonna join they wouldnt have put all their sports besides football into the ACC
    NBC's contract with Notre Dame is worth about $15 million a year. The BTN's is worth north of $30 million per school.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Almost nothing. Most schools have two revenue sports. Football and a distant second is basketball. For the big ten, after football the big ten network brings in the most money. Even Minnesota is in the top 20 or 25 athletic departments in revenue. Minnesota

The cash cow here is sharing BTN money, not bowl games. Bowl games are measured in millions where BTN is measured in tens of millions.

Leave a comment:

• fightingsiouxfan16
    replied

Universities don't give a **** about rivalries anymore. It's all about the mighty dollar. The second Notre Dame thinks it can make more money by joining, it will jump to the big ten faster than you can say AAU.
    Will never happen. They have said it a million times they will not give up that NBC contract to join a conference. They make so much money from NBC its crazy. If they were gonna join they wouldnt have put all their sports besides football into the ACC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X