Pictures of Your Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures of Your Arena

Did they destroy half of Williams Arena after the new Mariucci was built?
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Did they destroy half of Williams Arena after the new Mariucci was built?
      No. The section that was Mariucci is now the Sports Pavilion, where wrestling, gymnastics, and volleyball are held.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        I'm sure you don't want to be the one casting that stone.
        Oh come on... It was funny. One could say the same about RIT and I would still have thought it was funny (RIT's last NC was the same year as RPI's, 1985).
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          No. The section that was Mariucci is now the Sports Pavilion, where wrestling, gymnastics, and volleyball are held.
          *****http://coachrey.com/volleyball-blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/minnesota-sports-pavillion.jpg******

They used to have women's basketball in there too until they started doing well, and sold the place out regularly, so the moved to Williams. I was fortunate to broadcast a high school basketball game in there, but that's the only time I've ever been in the place since I moved to Minnesota in 1997...
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Brown University's Meehan Auditorium:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43358124@N02
            LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
              Oh come on... It was funny. One could say the same about RIT and I would still have thought it was funny (RIT's last NC was the same year as RPI's, 1985).
              Yeah, but I'm pretty sure RPI hasn't been to the NC game with an undefeated-and-untied record and blown it on home ice since 1985.

Bottom line, RIT has had success on the national stage, in two different divisions, far more recently than any of the other institutions mentioned in this discussion... the comparison doesn't work in my mind.
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                Yeah, but I'm pretty sure RPI hasn't been to the NC game with an undefeated-and-untied record and blown it on home ice since 1985.

Bottom line, RIT has had success on the national stage, in two different divisions, far more recently than any of the other institutions mentioned in this discussion... the comparison doesn't work in my mind.
                RPI had two losses in the 1984-85 season prior to the tie in the second game of a 2-game-total-goals series vs. LSSU.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yeah, but having that much success in the minor leagues is kind of a dubious honor, if you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                    Yeah, but having that much success in the minor leagues is kind of a dubious honor, if you think about it.
                    Forgive, since I don't always pay close attention to DI hockey... but, has RPI made the Frozen Four since their last NC? Because I know for a fact RIT has. Three times in the "minor leagues", and once in the majors
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Forgive, since I don't always pay close attention to DI hockey... but, has RPI made the Frozen Four since their last NC? Because I know for a fact RIT has. Three times in the "minor leagues", and once in the majors
                      RPI hasn't won a tourney game since that year. As a matter of fact, they haven't scored a goal in either of their two tourney appearances since then. We all expect that to change next spring.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        RPI had two losses in the 1984-85 season prior to the tie in the second game of a 2-game-total-goals series vs. LSSU.
                        The undefeated season blown on home ice in the NC game he referred to was the year RIT pulled that dubious distinction in D-III against none other than his Cardinals.

Just HAD to bring that one up, didn't you? Grrr!
                        Can't we all just get along?
                        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                          The undefeated season blown on home ice in the NC game he referred to was the year RIT pulled that dubious distinction in D-III against none other than his Cardinals.

Just HAD to bring that one up, didn't you? Grrr!
                          Sorry, I couldn't resist.

But I will never hesitate to admit that the 00/01 RIT team was the best team ever fielded in DIII (the only teams that even come CLOSE would be the 08/09 Plattsburgh Cardinals and (maybe) the 09/10 Norwich Cadets, who actually WON the NC... but I've got to give the Tigers the edge).

27-1-1 record (oops... forgot the tie to oswego), and 28-2-1 if you include the team USA games. And that includes a game against Air force. I don't remember how many of that team were named All-American, but every single one of them deserved it. And Coach Wilson definitely deserved the Edward Jeremiah award he rightfully earned. All the teams they played more than once had at least one blow-out. (Remember, they beat the cardinals in Plattsburgh in the Pepsi Cardinal Classic tourny). 210 goals, 66 allowed... 44% Powerplay... Insane offense, and equally good defense.

What happened in the NC game was just a perfect storm for Plattsburgh, and they worked harder than any team I've ever seen to win that title... but I will never deny that RIT was the best team in DIII that year... and ever. So, although I poke fun at that game, I do feel for the RIT fans for that year (especially given what happened to the 08/09 Cardinals I mentioned above...)

But this is not the place for an RIT love-fest (or bashing). So I'll stop now
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Here's another one of Matthews. http://s770.***********.com/albums/x...BU11609003.jpg
                            Go Huskies!

Comment

Working...
                            X