• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hacker nonsense

No new threads over night.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's been a toss up for us between making it quick to register or locking things down and approving each registration manually. We're testing a forum anti-spam service that shares spammer profiles such as email address, IP, etc., plus content that we installed Wednesday evening. It might return some false positives, but so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
        It's been a toss up for us between making it quick to register or locking things down and approving each registration manually. We're testing a forum anti-spam service that shares spammer profiles such as email address, IP, etc., plus content that we installed Wednesday evening. It might return some false positives, but so far so good.
        I have seen other forums using vBulletin make one answer one of several simple questions pertaining to the forum before you post each time. Something like "How many players are on the ice at one time for each team?" It's a bit of a pain, but could that work here?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I have seen other forums using vBulletin make one answer one of several simple questions pertaining to the forum before you post each time. Something like "How many players are on the ice at one time for each team?" It's a bit of a pain, but could that work here?
          What if there's a PK in effect, Ralph?
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            What if there's a PK in effect, Ralph?
            That did cross my mind, but you know you know what I mean. BTW, it would have the added benefit of keeping the B1G commissioner off the Board.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I tried that. I had a set of four questions and one would randomly appear when you tried to register. It was effective for a bit but was soon defeated by the spammers.

Comment

Working...
              X