Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    and Mark Zengerle:

Mike Eaves is a great coach and even better man. He will always be a legend in Wisconsin Badger hockey.

And Ryan McDonagh:

I learned a lot from Mike Eaves during my time in Madison. He was a great coach and always wanted to help players be better people.
    Class acts, all of these guys
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      If that deadline is true then the new coach must have come to an agreement already. That's no turn time at all, especially for guys not named Mark Johnson, though I don't think it will be him.
      My personal conspiracy theory is that Don Granato will be the head coach and Max Gildon was tipped off prior to committing. Even as a Badger fan it surprised me that a potential top 5 NHL pick would select the Badgers during their free fall.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
        My personal conspiracy theory is that Don Granato will be the head coach and Max Gildon was tipped off prior to committing. Even as a Badger fan it surprised me that a potential top 5 NHL pick would select the Badgers during their free fall.
        I wouldn't be shocked if that were to be the case. It reminds me of when Auston Matthews mysteriously added Wisconsin to his list of potential schools in the middle of last year, well after it was clear how atrocious the Badgers were. The potential for Granato to go there was the only explanation I could think of that would explain why a 1-and-done guy like Matthews would do that.

It's clear that the decision to let Eaves go was already made prior to this week, so it would make sense that the search has been going on.

Edit: Or Mike Babcock is going to say "see ya!" to the Leafs to coach the Badgers, because the Babcock Dairy was too much to pass up.
        Last edited by WiscDC; 03-19-2016, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Is the application deadline related to any kind of deadline for when a decision has to be made? As has been discussed here, there are a lot of potential candidates who would likely be both excellent and realistically interested candidates. I could see the selection process going well beyond that date.

Comment

Is it possible Max Gildon plays for us next year? We really need some good defenders coming in. Hate to see Linhart/etc bobble the puck and give it away constantly...

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
              Is it possible Max Gildon plays for us next year? We really need some good defenders coming in. Hate to see Linhart/etc bobble the puck and give it away constantly...
              No
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

After some personal research, I don't understand the big whoop about Don G. He started coaching in 1993. As a HEAD coach he has: 5 years not making the playoffs, 5 years of losing in the 1st or 2nd rounds of playoffs, 1 year lost in finals, and 1 championship. (3 years no results shown and 1 year came in at mid season). Am I missing something? I'm not being a smart ***; I just don't see much there.

Even though he didn't do much better in the USHL, because of his coaching at a higher level, I prefer Oz; the Great and Powerful.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I would prefer Rick Bennett, Rand Pecknold, or Nate Leamon.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    After some personal research, I don't understand the big whoop about Don G. He started coaching in 1993. As a HEAD coach he has: 5 years not making the playoffs, 5 years of losing in the 1st or 2nd rounds of playoffs, 1 year lost in finals, and 1 championship. (3 years no results shown and 1 year came in at mid season). Am I missing something? I'm not being a smart ***; I just don't see much there.

Even though he didn't do much better in the USHL, because of his coaching at a higher level, I prefer Oz; the Great and Powerful.
                    His overall coaching record is (not including this year): 466 wins, 338 losses, 48 ties.
                    He's had 3 losing seasons. He's had 12 winning seasons. He's had 6 seasons with a winning percentage above 60%, 3 of which were 70% or higher.

This year he's coached the USA NTDP U18 team to a 36-11-1 record. They average 3.5 GPG, 2.46 GAPG, 21.4% PP, and 83.2% PK.

He's got some connections to a lot of recruits.

Last bit: the NCAA doesn't exactly compare to the USHL, ECHL, and AHL. There's a lot that goes into that stuff, for example call-ups to the NHL while he was coaching the AHL.

Edit: Wonder if Oz would sign on as lead assistant under Don Granato? That would be an awesome 1-2 pairing.
                    Last edited by IndianaBadger1995; 03-19-2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                      I would prefer Rick Bennett, Rand Pecknold, or Nate Leamon.
                      Let's have two threads. Why not.

Nate Leamon would probably be my #1 choice. I don't see it happening though.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                        His overall coaching record is (not including this year): 466 wins, 338 losses, 48 ties.
                        He's had 3 losing seasons. He's had 12 winning seasons. He's had 6 seasons with a winning percentage above 60%, 3 of which were 70% or higher.

This year he's coached the USA NTDP U18 team to a 36-11-1 record. They average 3.5 GPG, 2.46 GAPG, 21.4% PP, and 83.2% PK.

He's got some connections to a lot of recruits.

Last bit: the NCAA doesn't exactly compare to the USHL, ECHL, and AHL. There's a lot that goes into that stuff, for example call-ups to the NHL while he was coaching the AHL.

Edit: Wonder if Oz would sign on as lead assistant under Don Granato? That would be an awesome 1-2 pairing.
                        He coaches u17 correct? Not u18 and they are 21-26 in the ushl. Or am I missing something?
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Pretty sure it's going to be Oz.

Let me rephrase that. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on Oz.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                          X