Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Again, thanks to coach Eaves for his efforts, but it's time to start over.

Thank goodness this is finally over.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
      source?
      just got the e-mail from BA

Eaves is out

no comment on the rest of the staff

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
        Rob Vogel via Twitter:

Breaking News: Sources confirm @BadgerMHockey coach Mike Eaves has been fired after 14 seasons & 1NCAA title. #badgers
        Heard it on the radio coming to work today, the Big 1070.......probably from the Vogel tweet, he's on that station in the AM once and awhile. I am still a little weary of believing....
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

just got the e-mail from BA

Eaves is out

no comment on the rest of the staff
          Then it's officially official. Time for UW hockey to get back to it's former glory.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Here's the article from Baggot

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/3...q_v=f59180b492

Comment

It's time to move on. We all thank Coach Eaves for the past thrills.

Now that the ax has fallen, should we lock this thread early, make a clean getaway, and start a fresh one?
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I think the fresh start should begin with the new coach.

Comment

Look at all that BS Alvarez is spewing.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    I think the fresh start should begin with the new coach.
                    I agree. We'll have some time to pour out a 40 for Eaves and then start anew with the new coach.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I can't get the stupid picture link thing working to post the content of the BA e-mail for those of you no longer on the hockey e-mail list from UW

*******http://s13.postimg.org/7s3to47if/unnamed.jpg********

i think i maybe finally got it working...
                      Last edited by KaMiGo; 03-18-2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

The tweet
                        Wisconsin Hockey
                        ‏@BadgerMHockey

#Badgers announce head coach Mike Eaves will not be retained.
                        St. Norbert College Green Knights
                        NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                        NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                        NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                        ---
                        SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Look at all that BS Alvarez is spewing.
                          Scoob, everything was fine until I read, "But I care about hockey..."
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaay!

Now, go Badger women! And basketball!

Comment

As others have said, Coach Eaves - thank you for your years of service to the program. You will always be one of the greatest UW Hockey players of all time, and your ability to lead us to two NC games - winning one - will not be forgotten by this fan. I hope the difficulties that the team has had over the last few seasons which ultimately led to your dismissal as the Badgers coach today does not taint in the long term your thoughts of UW.

In 5 years when we bring back the 2006 team for their 15 year reunion, I hope you are in attendance as the wounds that both you and the fans have had heal - and we can give you the positive reception at that time that you ultimately deserve.

Moving Forward,

On Wisconsin

Comment

I think that it's time to move on from the past an look towards the rise of this program.

Comment

Working...
                                X