This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Three) - Living in Interesting Times

The many "homes" of Steve Yzerman ... whose current team is probably only one road win away from dumping his former team out of the NHL playoffs for the second straight season.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...lbom/83147548/

Sorry for the lack of UNH content here - just treading water until the aftermath of the banquet next weekend.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Yup, I usually catch my mistakes before HR gets to them, but not this time. :-)

Chuck got one of two with his DRW, which is why I posted the question. The other team should not surprise.
      haha so I'm the mistake catcher on the board? Really? That's funny. Usually I'm the one making them... Enjoying watching the UNH'ers in various hockey games; paid to watch Matt Willows/Justin Agosta in their ECHL game last night; nifty goal by Willows. Casey DeSmith goal tended in a losing effort to the Providence B's 3-1. Of course watching TvR avoid any 'off the skates' goals today, hopefully!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        haha so I'm the mistake catcher on the board? Really? That's funny. Usually I'm the one making them... Enjoying watching the UNH'ers in various hockey games; paid to watch Matt Willows/Justin Agosta in their ECHL game last night; nifty goal by Willows. Casey DeSmith goal tended in a losing effort to the Providence B's 3-1. Of course watching TvR avoid any 'off the skates' goals today, hopefully!
        Second half of trivia question still needs a correct answer.

Hint: it is another team that barely nudged out the Bruins. :-)

Yeah, no UNH content, but we need another 50+ posts to say goodbye to this thread.

Comment

The other team that nudged out the B's must mean the Flyers. Or the Islanders? Or the Senators??

Nice to see former UNH star Eric Boguniecki keeping himself fighting fit these days ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...inging-248-pim

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            The other team that nudged out the B's must mean the Flyers. Or the Islanders? Or the Senators??

Nice to see former UNH star Eric Boguniecki keeping himself fighting fit these days ...

Flyers it is.

Boguniecki is the guy that I wanted as next UNH HC. I thought that the ECHL was supposed to be the fighting league, although I remember a lot of slugfests at the old AHL Monarch games.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Chuck!! Your DWR's kept themselves in it!!! Where as my B'Hawks...but thought TvR (UNH content) had some looks yesterday. The Blues are really taking it to them...would not be surprised if they win the series...sigh...

Comment

Very cool for Grayson Downing!!

http://wild.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=879262

Comment

Very cool for Grayson Downing!!

http://wild.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=879262
                  Good for Grayson. And, the Wild are in the post-season and the B's are not. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Chuck!! Your DWR's kept themselves in it!!! Where as my B'Hawks...but thought TvR (UNH content) had some looks yesterday. The Blues are really taking it to them...would not be surprised if they win the series...sigh...
                    This time 3 years ago, I was SO happy to see DRW heading out of the West to play in the East. Big, fast, heavy teams like LA, Anaheim, St. Louis, San Jose and Chicago were just wearing them out. St. Louis has always been the biggest tease of the bunch - I'd like to see them advance, but suspect (like with SJ) they will somehow find a way to lose.

I think the DRW win yesterday was a mirage, but the East seems to be wide open (again) this year, and it would be nice to see them get past the first round for the first time in their "new" conference. I'm pretty sure the incredibly overrated 25 year playoffs streak would be done already had they still been in the West. So we've still got that going for us.

Comment

TvR second most minutes on Blackhawks blueline in 3-2 loss; not bad for sophomore season?

Comment

TvR -2 in game 4, as Black Hawks now facing elimination by Blues in game 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          TvR -2 in game 4, as Black Hawks now facing elimination by Blues in game 5.
                          BHawks totally out of control with goalie fight, Shaw's antics...TvR finds out how the big boys play that's for sure back there last night!! CHI blogger rips him for turn overs (ugh, esp that second one sooo guess I can't blame 'em) on Twitter but he's playing as well as the rest of 'em. (Which isn't great) Blues, wow, turning it on!
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-20-2016, 06:45 AM.

Comment

The Blues have been there, done this before. Unless/until they win a 4th game over CBH, I'm gonna default to the State of Missouri motto and demand the Blues "show me" they've got what it takes to knock out the defending Cup champs. Ditto for San Jose over the LA Kings.

Comment

All three from the original six could be on the links by this weekend.

Comment

DU sits down to chat hockey with TNH :

http://tnhdigital.com/5755/sports/be...skating-bench/

Watching hockey...you?

Comment

Working...
                                X