No announcement yet.

Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    He's in MI.
    So he should be used to the winter, Alaska will be a breeze. His tag says he is in Wyoming, so I didn't know which it was. Wyoming can be pretty bitter in the winters as well, all that wind.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      So he should be used to the winter, Alaska will be a breeze. His tag says he is in Wyoming, so I didn't know which it was. Wyoming can be pretty bitter in the winters as well, all that wind.
      Psst: we aren't talking about Twitch...

... and we don't have much darkness to deal with.
      Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
      I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
      Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
        That took me a minute, but I laughed lol
        Application for Admission to the WCHA:
        http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
        Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
        Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
        All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
          Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
          That took me a minute, but I laughed lol
          Yeah, Suze, you failed on that one.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This.

It was 25 degrees WARMER in Anchorage than in Cheyenne last week. Looks like those warming currents from the ocean keep temperatures pretty steady up there.

Wyoming has two weather settings: "absolutely gorgeous" and "eff you." If Wyoming has taken her Midol, it's sunny and high 30s/low 40s, might even touch 50 if you ask nicely. However, the bad days are about as bad as Houghton, if not worse. Single-digit temps with 25 MPH winds, gusting to 40 or so.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              This.

It was 25 degrees WARMER in Anchorage than in Cheyenne last week. Looks like those warming currents from the ocean keep temperatures pretty steady up there.

Wyoming has two weather settings: "absolutely gorgeous" and "eff you." If Wyoming has taken her Midol, it's sunny and high 30s/low 40s, might even touch 50 if you ask nicely. However, the bad days are about as bad as Houghton, if not worse. Single-digit temps with 25 MPH winds, gusting to 40 or so.
              We have family in Green River, and so we hear all about the terrible winter weather. Sounds like winter came early to their area.

Brenthoven, clever. Very clever.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Hey Suze, I think I found a pretty good apartment. It's Continental Apartments on Eureka near 36th and A/C Streets. $850 for 675 square feet, free cable, all utilities except water and electric, fitness room in basement.

Plus they'll let me put my deposit down right now and hold the apartment, which is cool because it lets me spread out my up-front costs, which are going to kill me.

Good part of town?
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

This thread title made me think of something: Battle royale!!! (Can anyone name the movie?)
                  Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                  http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                  Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                  Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                  Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                  All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Hey Suze, I think I found a pretty good apartment. It's Continental Apartments on Eureka near 36th and A/C Streets. $850 for 675 square feet, free cable, all utilities except water and electric, fitness room in basement.

Plus they'll let me put my deposit down right now and hold the apartment, which is cool because it lets me spread out my up-front costs, which are going to kill me.

Good part of town?
                    That area is in mid town, and there are good and bad areas in many sections of Anchorage. The main areas you want to avoid are Fairview, Mountain View, Spenard, Russian Jack and parts of Muldoon.

Housing on the south side is considered the safest, but also the most expensive. You might want to check the website below:

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/ancho...#ixzz0cNU1E7SJ

Have you seen a picture of the apartment? I would definitely want to see pictures, both inside and out. As far as the rent, it seems fairly good, considering they are covering some utilities. We pay $78 for cable (we have the sports package), and our electric bill is an even pay of $88 for a 2500 square foot home. If the apt. is heated with electric heat, it could get very expensive, we have natural gas.

I found a site you might want to check out, it rates the apartment complex, and has short reviews by tenants:

http://www.apartmentreviews.net/rati...Apartments.htm

My best advice to you is sign the shortest lease possible, so you can have a chance to check it out for yourself. It's not the worst area to live in, but it's not the best either. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Any other Alaskans want to chime in here?
                    Last edited by Suze; 01-12-2010, 02:18 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

That area is in mid town, and there are good and bad areas in many sections of Anchorage. The main areas you want to avoid are Fairview, Mountain View, Spenard, Russian Jack and parts of Muldoon.

Housing on the south side is considered the safest, but also the most expensive. You might want to check the website below:

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/ancho...#ixzz0cNU1E7SJ

Have you seen a picture of the apartment? I would definitely want to see pictures, both inside and out. As far as the rent, it seems fairly good, considering they are covering some utilities. We pay $78 for cable (we have the sports package), and our electric bill is an even pay of $88 for a 2500 square foot home. If the apt. is heated with electric heat, it could get very expensive, we have natural gas.

I found a site you might want to check out, it rates the apartment complex, and has short reviews by tenants:

http://www.apartmentreviews.net/rati...Apartments.htm

My best advice to you is sign the shortest lease possible, so you can have a chance to check it out for yourself. It's not the worst area to live in, but it's not the best either.
                      Yes I have seen pictures, looks quite nice. Also, they pay for heat. The apartments up there seem a lot more expensive, but it looks like I get something for my money at least (I'm gonna be in that sauna three times a day, I know it.) I'm paying $470 a month in Cheyenne for basically an empty space.

I found another apartment on 23rd that was $750 with all utils except electric, but the guy I talked to on the phone seemed like he didn't care to speak to me, and said it was too far out to tell if he'd have an apartment open - two months from the move date It's also fairly close to Spenard.

Comment

Dirk interviewed Shyiak tonight during the 1st intermission of Tech's game.

UAA flew from Denver to the cities on Sunday and is now staying in Duluth for the week until Wed I think, when they'll head to Houghton.

Shyiak was at the game Tuesday and was heading to Marquette to do some recruiting and see some people until this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                          Dirk interviewed Shyiak tonight during the 1st intermission of Tech's game.

UAA flew from Denver to the cities on Sunday and is now staying in Duluth for the week until Wed I think, when they'll head to Houghton.

Shyiak was at the game Tuesday and was heading to Marquette to do some recruiting and see some people until this weekend.
                          Thanks for the info.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

*Bump*

So now that we have broken our losing streak, I think our guys may have a bit more confidence going into this weekends games.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                            Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
                              *Bump*

So now that we have broken our losing streak, I think our guys may have a bit more confidence going into this weekends games.
                              Until I see it, I'm not betting on it.

Comment

I just realized I haven't seen my seawolves hat in a couple months that makes me sad.
                                Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                                *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Working...
                                X