Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Tech has a bizarro Tuesday game against NMU, before squaring off against a UAA team that gave Denver all it could handle and got a little rambunctious at the end.

    Can Tech break their 12-game losing streak against a fired-up UAA squad?
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  • #2
    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Tech has a bizarro Tuesday game against NMU, before squaring off against a UAA team that gave Denver all it could handle and got a little rambunctious at the end.

    Can Tech break their 12-game losing streak against a fired-up UAA squad?
    5 games in 8 days? That's tough enough.

    UAA sweeps. If they played half as good against you as they did against DU it'll be a blowout. I mean, more of a blowout of a Tech team than normal.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

      I think there are two questions here:

      1. Does Tech care enough to at least try and turn this sh*t around?

      Answer: I suspect "No"

      2. Does UAA play down to the level of their opponent, or do they take the DU series as a sign that they can trap with the best of them and use it as motivation for a second half push?

      Answer: To be determined this weekend.

      So basically, if UAA takes a night off and Tech manages to stay out of the sin bin, I could see a point or just maybe a split. Otherwise, UAA sweeps.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

        It is my understanding that captain Jared Tuton and Chris Crowell will not be joining us for Friday's game.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

          If I can get Friday off of work, I will be at this series.

          Missing out on the Sioux/Gopher series. I have mixed feelings about this.
          Application for Admission to the WCHA:
          http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

          Fighting Sioux
          Michigan Tech Huskies

          *I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

          Originally posted by SiouxTechie
          Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

          (See what I did there?)
          Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
          All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

            My alma mater vs. my soon-to-be hometown...I can't lose this series

            Ah, Xanatos Gambit, how I love thee.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

              Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              Tech has a bizarro Tuesday game against NMU, before squaring off against a UAA team that gave Denver all it could handle and got a little rambunctious at the end.

              Can Tech break their 12-game losing streak against a fired-up UAA squad?
              It'd be 13 games, btw, if we break it against UAA.
              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

              Originally posted by The Darkness:
              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.


              Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.


              Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

                Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                It is my understanding that captain Jared Tuton and Chris Crowell will not be joining us for Friday's game.
                And it looks like Crowell is out for both games.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

                  Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  My alma mater vs. my soon-to-be hometown...I can't lose this series
                  Explain. Are you moving to Alaska?

                  So UAA will be without Lunden (shoulder), Vidmar (knee), Tuton and Crowell. I think the guys will step up and play just fine without them. These games are an absolute must win for UAA, but Tech always plays the Seawolves tough in their barn.

                  UAA has not won back to back games all season, this is a great time to start and pick up four very valuable points. Show us what you are made of Seawolves; show us the fire, heart and intensity we saw against Denver!! If you play that way, you WILL be rewarded with two wins.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                  From ADN:

                  "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                  UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

                    Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Explain. Are you moving to Alaska?
                    Yes I am! Anchorage is where I will complete the second half of my "internship" and take my permanent position.

                    Kinda talked myself into it over time, really. My first thought when I saw Anchorage had an opening was "Wow, I'd love to visit, but I don't know if I could live there full-time." Then I looked at the rest of the cities on the list, and nothing really tickled my fancy, so I did some more research and found that Anchorage might just be perfect for me. Needless to say, I'm quite excited.

                    Thinking about getting a Masters at UAA as well. Their Project Management Masters program sounds pretty neat. I might take some of the Arctic Engineering courses too - those look like fun.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

                      Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      Yes I am! Anchorage is where I will complete the second half of my "internship" and take my permanent position.

                      Kinda talked myself into it over time, really. My first thought when I saw Anchorage had an opening was "Wow, I'd love to visit, but I don't know if I could live there full-time." Then I looked at the rest of the cities on the list, and nothing really tickled my fancy, so I did some more research and found that Anchorage might just be perfect for me. Needless to say, I'm quite excited.

                      Thinking about getting a Masters at UAA as well. Their Project Management Masters program sounds pretty neat. I might take some of the Arctic Engineering courses too - those look like fun.
                      So what is the time line? You know, all full time UAA students get into the games for free! And we need students to attend the games! Shoot me off an email.
                      Last edited by Suze; 01-10-2010, 11:50 PM.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                      From ADN:

                      "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                      UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

                        Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        So what is the time line? You know, all full time UAA students get into the games for free! And we need students to attend the games! Shoot me off an email.
                        Official start date up there is March 14.

                        Know of any moderately cheap apartments up there? I'll be working at the VA (corner of DeBarr and Airport Heights.)
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

                          Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Official start date up there is March 14.

                          Know of any moderately cheap apartments up there? I'll be working at the VA (corner of DeBarr and Airport Heights.)
                          I have no idea what apartments go for, but I do know rent is typically cheaper in Eagle River/Chugiak, which is about a 15-20 minute drive to the VA where you will be working. You are coming at a perfect time too, it shouldn't be too cold, spring is right around the corner, and we don't have much darkness to deal with. Check Craigs List or the ADN classified for apartments.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                          From ADN:

                          "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                          UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

                            Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            ...we don't have much darkness to deal with.
                            He's in MI.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

                              Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              I have no idea what apartments go for, but I do know rent is typically cheaper in Eagle River/Chugiak, which is about a 15-20 minute drive to the VA where you will be working. You are coming at a perfect time too, it shouldn't be too cold, spring is right around the corner, and we don't have much darkness to deal with. Check Craigs List or the ADN classified for apartments.
                              *checks apartments.com, brain hems and haws*

                              After some thought, I think I'd rather live in Anchorage proper if possible. Closer to stuff to do, and I think the money I'd save on rent in Eagle River would go right back toward gas driving to Anchorage every day.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X