No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (1/29, 1/30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (1/29, 1/30)

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Jen could care less about most things I do. She knows after all this time that 1) I am not going anywhere 2)Where could I ever do better? and 3) Who would ever want me or put up with me? She is the one watching cooking shows but mostly because there is just so little else on the tube worth it. Fish, I will say it here as I have in the past, I could have never made a better choice and she is not only responsible for at least 50% of any success that I have and has gotten me through some of the worst episodes anyone could ever suffer. And the topper, she is a rabid RPI hockey fan!!!
    If you are willing to divulge the information, where did Jen go to college?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      If DrD is a typical RPI student, she went to Sage.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Jen was sent away by her family from NJ and attended Queen Elizabeth College which was originally a girl's school but i believe became coed before she attended. When she came back here to NJ she decided upon a career in nursing and trained at Ann May school of nursing which was associated with Jersey Shore Hospital. She had other training separately in dental radiology (Jersey City hospital) and dental assisting after finishing nursing school.
        She never wanted to stay around and have anything to do with her family business which had a lot to do with cement (like in cement shoes)
        At one of these games you will get to meet her. And you will like her if only for the fact that she is at least 7 inches shorter that you if not more.
        Last edited by DrDemento; 01-30-2016, 04:00 PM.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          If DrD is a typical RPI student, she went to Sage.
          Early, it was more likely going to be Emma Willard since I was pretty young. Then it was Skidmore as I had a lot of family in Saratoga. Nothing against Sage girls.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

A bit late to this thread, but want to throw down my top HFH and non-HFH memories.

HFH: final game of the 1990 season vs. Cornell. Winner takes second place. It's a back and forth game with at least one from Juneau. Tied, it goes into overtime. I remember the view from section 15, our player rifled one practically as he crossed the blue line. What I remember was less the roar of the crowd, but the dead silence right before it. I think we heard the thud of the puck hitting the net, then bedlam.

From there we went to Boston Garden and beat Cornell in the semi's. We couldn't get past Colgate and their heroic goalie Gagnon to take the title, and then we were not invited to the NCAA (IIRC) in a grave injustice.

Next: I think it was the 1991-1992 season we had a playoff game on the road at UVM. The Gutterson Field House was a great time. Lots of attractive ladies going nuts with the "go cats go!" It was pretty hostile so my date and I were quiet for most of the game. RPI scraped together a lead. With the pressure on a delayed penalty, UVM pulled the goalie. A UVM pass in the RPI zone shot past its target, and verrrry slowwwly made its way the length of the ice for a UVM own-goal into their empty net. I remember the tired UVM players skating after it but unable to stop it. The red lamp went on and my date and I burst out as the Gut sank to their seats. The RPI player that took the penalty was credited with the goal.

We went back to the Garden, for a game that I shall not speak of other than to note that there was an epic collapse, a hand pass penalty, and Neil Little.
            Last edited by RPI92; 02-02-2016, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Another comment on the HFH. Back in Those Days, the ice was lit but the seats were dark. At a visit a few years ago, the seats are now lit. I liked the dark old days. It was a more animal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
                Another comment on the HFH. Back in Those Days, the ice was lit but the seats were dark. At a visit a few years ago, the seats are now lit. I liked the dark old days. It was a more animal experience.
                When I was first at HFH in 04-05, I remember they would only light the seats during the intermissions. I think at some point that changed as I don't notice it happening now, but I could just be used to the ambience.

Comment

While I have many great hockey memories at HFH, My first impression back in November 1993 was of the band.
                  I miss the band on the bandstand where the members had room to move around, where they could dance and do the hand jive and where the conductor could show some personality while leading the band.
                  The music is still great, but I miss the personality. The band should have a stage. JMO
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    While I have many great hockey memories at HFH, My first impression back in November 1993 was of the band.
                    I miss the band on the bandstand where the members had room to move around, where they could dance and do the hand jive and where the conductor could show some personality while leading the band.
                    The music is still great, but I miss the personality. The band should have a stage. JMO
                    The band still does all those things, you just can't see it very well. In any case, *heavy sigh*.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      The band still does all those things, you just can't see it very well. In any case, *heavy sigh*.
                      Sitting on the same side as the band on the opposite end I can’t see it at all.......heavier sigh.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                      X