pairwise -- post jan 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: pairwise -- post jan 8th

The regional final had a much bigger crowd than the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      They want tickets sold. They don't care about attendance.
      Wrong, all the NCAA cares about is the student athletes...

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        Wrong, all the NCAA cares about is the student athletes...
        I stand corrected. The NCAA is a fine institution that looks out for the students involved in athletics who want to better themselves not only in sports, but in education, too.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          When they were both there in 2012, the place was barely half full.
          The Xcel Energy Center seats 19.000+ people. Half full is still a pretty good crowd for an NCAA regional.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
            The Xcel Energy Center seats 19.000+ people. Half full is still a pretty good crowd for an NCAA regional.
            You're right, but 10K for a UND-Minnesota regional final in St. Paul is a little underwhelming.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
              Just looked at both the Worcester and Albany Ticketmaster sites. Plenty of seats in Worcester. Albany's already end-zone only.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              A lot of people. It's like the lottery. If it's a bigger team that does travel/etc, it ends up usually being a good deal. However, most of the time, better buying off the street. For the F4, I know it's all about keeping your priority number. I know regionals are not like that, but it is the same concept. Get the best seats locked in, and hope.....
              Hmmmm. Looking back at the PairWise, Providence and Boston College have been #4 and #5 since the Beanpot, and Quinnipiac has been the top seed in the east since New Year's. I wonder how many BC and PC fans bought tickets assuming that both teams would end up there... Now they get to buy twice! Brilliant strategery by the NCAA!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Hmmmm. Looking back at the PairWise, Providence and Boston College have been #4 and #5 since the Beanpot, and Quinnipiac has been the top seed in the east since New Year's. I wonder how many BC and PC fans bought tickets assuming that both teams would end up there... Now they get to buy twice! Brilliant strategery by the NCAA!
                Probably few, if any. Just about everyone in the east does not buy tickets in advance unless they're the host site.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Looking back on the PairWise Rankings since January, they met or outperformed history at almost every turn.

2016 History
                  NYD: 71.4% 72.4%
                  1/17 85.7% 78.9%
                  1/31 85.7% 78.4%
                  2/8 85.7% 80.9%
                  2/28 85.7% 87.9%
                  3/7 92.9% 90.5%

The PairWise has had all 12 of the final top 12 teams since February 28. Further, the PairWise had all 5 of the top 5 in every ranking since the Beanpot. The New Year #1 once again captured the #1 overall seed in the end.

The collapse of then #3 Nebraska-Omaha joins the fall of 2012's #1 Ohio State and 2010's #3 Ferris State in the Hall of Shame. An 0-8 stretch run against the #2, #3 and #6 teams was absolutely brutal.

On the other hand, the rise of Northeastern will give hope to every team from now on. The Huskies entered the new year as the #49 team in the PairWise and did not crack the top 25 until the end of February. Their second half triumph eclipses the second half of the 2013 Wisconsin squad that came from #42 to make the field.
                  Last edited by ticapnews; 03-20-2016, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I haven't bought tix in advance for a regional since we went to 16 teams. Those old 6-team regionals were sick.

Now it's simply see where you get placed and buy after. Only the host team fans are going to buy tickets ahead of time here in the East.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      I haven't bought tix in advance for a regional since we went to 16 teams. Those old 6-team regionals were sick.

Now it's simply see where you get placed and buy after. Only the host team fans are going to buy tickets ahead of time here in the East.
                      yup. after worcster's mayor said only hc can host at the centrum there was no reason for mookie to buy ahead of time.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Thoughts on how to improve the pairwise?
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Keep it exactly the same way it is.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Remember, the correction question is how to improve the selection criteria. From my understanding the PWR mimics the selection criteria but it is not used as the selection criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Keep it exactly the same way it is.
                              keep trolling, its an honest question that I would have asked either way right now...you don't think its silly to put all our eggs into the RPI w/QWB basket unless the teams have played head to head? I do.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Educate people about it.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X