pairwise -- post jan 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Brown hosted in Providence last year, not PC. The committee placed PC there willingly.
    I know but they kept Providence there and therefore could not place BU there. They had the freedom to do that because (according to Google maps) Boston is 50 miles from Providence and 52 from Manchester. The difference between them is 40 miles for Quinnipiac.

Comment

• Re: pairwise -- post jan 8th

If Minny wins, and the overall #1 is SCSU/UND, is there a chance the overall #1 goes to Cincinnati to face the 16, rather than the 14 at home?
      Last edited by Numbers; 03-19-2016, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Looking back at the discussion we had last year, I was in the camp that thought PC should have been shipped, Miami kept in South Bend for attendance and since Mankato was flying anyway, put them in either Providence or Manchester. I am convinced part of what drove the decision is that tickets in South Bend were already sold (part of the ND STH package) and they needed to sell tickets in Providence and Manchester. After what the committee did last year it wouldn't shock me to see Quinnipiac moved to Albany and PC/BC moved to Worcester if they thought it would boost attendance. Nothing the NC$$ does anymore is a complete shock to me. However, I still think QU will be the #1 seed in Worcester because of geography.

Comment

Haven't read back. If NU loses tonight, are they a lock if michigan wins?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Haven't read back. If NU loses tonight, are they a lock if michigan wins?
            If Michigan wins all three of Yale, Duluth and Northeastern qualify. If Minnesota wins then someone will be eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Looking back at the discussion we had last year, I was in the camp that thought PC should have been shipped, Miami kept in South Bend for attendance and since Mankato was flying anyway, put them in either Providence or Manchester. I am convinced part of what drove the decision is that tickets in South Bend were already sold (part of the ND STH package) and they needed to sell tickets in Providence and Manchester. After what the committee did last year it wouldn't shock me to see Quinnipiac moved to Albany and PC/BC moved to Worcester if they thought it would boost attendance. Nothing the NC$$ does anymore is a complete shock to me. However, I still think QU will be the #1 seed in Worcester because of geography.
              I think the tournament committee owes Quinnipiac after getting sent to Fargo last year when Providence was the worse seed than us. They kept them home and kicked us out west to face North Dakota. If we are the #1 overall seed we deserve to go to Worcester.
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                I think the tournament committee owes Quinnipiac after getting sent to Fargo last year when Providence was the worse seed than us. They kept them home and kicked us out west to face North Dakota. If we are the #1 overall seed we deserve to go to Worcester.
                I agree. They definitely got a bad deal last year.

I really hope they go to Worcester. I will definitely go if thats the case. I'm not so sure about Albany.

Comment

Originally posted by BobNY View Post
                  I agree. They definitely got a bad deal last year.

I really hope they go to Worcester. I will definitely go if thats the case. I'm not so sure about Albany.
                  mookie hopes you end up #1 and go there too (and drag 8/9 terriers with you!)
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Are the pre- and post-game parties at mookies house?
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                      If Minny wins, and the overall #1 is SCSU/UND, is there a chance the overall #1 goes to Cincinnati to face the 16, rather than the 14 at home?
                      As a Husky fan, I'm looking forward to playing UMN at the Xcel. SCSU matches up well with them and I'm just as confident that the Huskies can beat the Gophers in front of their fans as I am about them beating Mankato in Cincinnati. Bring 'em on.
                      scsuhockey.com
                      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        Are the pre- and post-game parties at mookies house?
                        25 min away - could be done!

there are however better options closer to the centrum

Comment

If QU stays 1, Lowell stays 8 and BU is 9, BU is the team that should be moved to avoid the first-round Hockey East matchup since they're the lower seed.

This of course assumes that there's no other factors to consider.

Comment

The St. Paul regional is going to be interesting, especially if MN wins and UND/SCSU gets #1 in the PWR. #1 vs #13 host with a #6 Denver in the regional? That won't work

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                              If QU stays 1, Lowell stays 8 and BU is 9, BU is the team that should be moved to avoid the first-round Hockey East matchup since they're the lower seed.

This of course assumes that there's no other factors to consider.
                              if hea puts 6 in you can have that 1st rd matchup.

Comment

if hea puts 6 in you can have that 1st rd matchup.
                                Even in that scenario, the matchup is avoidable so it doesn't have to happen. Would depend on how much the committee values bracket integrity.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X