Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pairwise -- post jan 8th

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    A trolling expedition with both Dirty and mookie. Better make sure the bait buckets are full!
    Especially with UMICH in the thread... I'm not sure which is funnier, Dirty trolling him or the fact that UMICH doesn't even realize he's getting trolled... doesn't matter in the long run, carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      The fact you're still using ahl is extremely humorous.
      Why.. it is a league... semantics... if you choose conference I guess you win

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        ah sorry.... i've seen your name in the pc threads now and again when i stop by.

y'all have a better rink than pc. i'll give you that
        I like to lurk on other teams' threads sometimes, especially in Hockey East. Plus, I have to keep up the Mayor's Cup banter 24/7 with the PC guys so they don't forget who won the trophy that actually mattered last season!

As far as the Providence rinks go, I agree - even with the renovations, Schneider's sightlines are awful! Meehan, IMO, is a very cool old barn despite its atmosphere often resembling that of a mausoleum.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
          I like to lurk on other teams' threads sometimes, especially in Hockey East. Plus, I have to keep up the Mayor's Cup banter 24/7 with the PC guys so they don't forget who won the trophy that actually mattered last season!

As far as the Providence rinks go, I agree - even with the renovations, Schneider's sightlines are awful! Meehan, IMO, is a very cool old barn despite its atmosphere often resembling that of a mausoleum.
          Whoever put those 4 inch diameter railings all over Schneider should be shot, stood the whole game my seats sightline was so bad there.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

How the hell does the Michigan Tech vs Yale game end in a tie and Yale drops 2 from 10 to 12 but MTU doesn't move up at all and stays at 25?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Whoever put those 4 inch diameter railings all over Schneider should be shot, stood the whole game my seats sightline was so bad there.
              The only time I went I immediately went to the back row which luckily was empty and stood the entire game. That said, by the middle of the second period you could probably get ice level seats in their student section
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                How the hell does the Michigan Tech vs Yale game end in a tie and Yale drops 2 from 10 to 12 but MTU doesn't move up at all and stays at 25?
                Because other teams played.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  Because other teams played.
                  its not because other teams played, immediately after the Yale vs MTU game posted, Yale dropped to 12, MTU stayed at 25...CHN app updates PWR live with final results. no other game ended on Sunday within hours of that game getting posted.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

its not because other teams played, immediately after the Yale vs MTU game posted, Yale dropped to 12, MTU stayed at 25...CHN app updates PWR live with final results. no other game ended on Sunday within hours of that game getting posted.
                    Yeah, but still...
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      Yeah, but still...
                      yeah, but you're still wrong. Tell me how a ranking that results in no movement for the 25th ranked team after tying the 10th ranked team makes sense?

Comment

yeah, but you're still wrong. Tell me how a ranking that results in no movement for the 25th ranked team after tying the 10th ranked team makes sense?
                        RatingsPI looks to be a lot tighter around Yale than around MTU (take a look at the difference between the next one down from MTU). Not sure Common Opponents would have flipped all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          RatingsPI looks to be a lot tighter around Yale than around MTU (take a look at the difference between the next one down from MTU). Not sure Common Opponents would have flipped all that much.
                          You are correct, I found the function where you can go back to the RPI on a given day and I see MTU was at 0.5138 after saturday games (I think) and at 0.5157 after sunday games. So MTU's did go up but the gap around 25 is pretty large and MTU is just getting slaughtered in RPI/PWR because of getting swept by UAA.

Common Opponents is really pointless unless teams have played head to head...which is frustrating.

Comment

no pairwise were flipped for the one, while a few were for the other.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              no pairwise were flipped for the one, while a few were for the other.
                              thank you so much for that insight...really helps me get to the bottom of things...

Comment

thank you so much for that insight...really helps me get to the bottom of things...

can i add pwr isn't meant to be looked at until the end of the season?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X