Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I only have to go back to...last year:

East: 14,234
    West: 10,590
    Northeast: 9,844
    Midwest: 7,833

Total for East + Northeast = 24,078
    West + Midwest = 18,423
    Those numbers in South Bend are inflated because Notre Dame season ticket holders were forced to buy tickets to the regional as part of their package. I highly doubt many of them actually attended since Notre Dame was not in the field and there was no local draw.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Re: pairwise -- post jan 8th

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    Because they are, year in and year out. The price of the tickets and other factors keep most fans at home in front of their TV's. I think it is funny that we talk positively about attendance in front of the selection show and then next weekend it will be the focus on the negative side. Who knows? Maybe this year with 6 HE and 2 ECAC teams in it will be better.
    I only have to go back to...last year:

East: 14,234
    West: 10,590
    Northeast: 9,844
    Midwest: 7,833

Total for East + Northeast = 24,078
    West + Midwest = 18,423

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    All I missed was Northeastern/Ferris State.
    I think it was a good decision to leave that one alone. On paper und would play #7 in quarters when they should play #6. The counter to that is right now NU is hottest team in country. Putting in Ferris state over NU would have been a bad move. UND, michigan and ND should at least have,a respectable attendance.

Leave a comment:

• tape
    replied

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    the middle is reserved for all sessions
    and school allotments.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    Yep... checked both. Maybe Ticketmaster is screwed up, though.
    All I missed was Northeastern/Ferris State.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Tell us how you really feel about that hit again rand!

Leave a comment:

• goblue78
    replied

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Did you check both the single day and all session? Worcester they are only selling the ends for single day making it look sold until you realize that the middle is reserved for all sessions.
    Yep... checked both. Maybe Ticketmaster is screwed up, though.

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied
    Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    Just looked at both the Worcester and Albany Ticketmaster sites. Plenty of seats in Worcester. Albany's already end-zone only.
    Did you check both the single day and all session? Worcester they are only selling the ends for single day making it look sold until you realize that the middle is reserved for all sessions.

Leave a comment:

• Gophers #1
    replied

Here the top 4 seed.

1 Quinnipiac - East
    2. St Cloud State - West
    3. North Dakota - Midwest
    4. Providence - Northeast

Leave a comment:

• Greg Ambrose
    replied

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
    St Cloud will be in St Paul because they are higher ranked than North Dakota. They may or may not swap Denver and Michigan. I don't think there's any attendance value in doing that although they've been clamoring to get both Notre Dame and Michigan in the Cincy regional.
    I have Michigan in Cincinnati. It's been 20 years, but when the FF was in Cincy, Michigan fans took over the arena. With Notre Dame there as well, I think that region has a chance to do well with attendance.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied

Albany it is !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    I wonder, as big of deal as college hockey is here in America, if we'll get a bracket leak during the selection show?
    Only if they make the selection show an hour and don't show anything until 40 or 50 minutes in

Leave a comment:

• RL3AO
    replied

Denver/Michigan may be the most interesting question (along with which regional Q gets).

Michigan in Cinci - Positives: Attendance Negatives: UND gets a lower 2 and 3 seed than St. Cloud.

Leave a comment:

• MagnessMan
    replied

I'm beginning to wonder if there really is a committee at all...It might just be Jayson Moy sitting behind a curtain.

Leave a comment:

• ThePowerConference
    replied

St Cloud will be in St Paul because they are higher ranked than North Dakota. They may or may not swap Denver and Michigan. I don't think there's any attendance value in doing that although they've been clamoring to get both Notre Dame and Michigan in the Cincy regional.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X