• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: pairwise -- post jan 8th

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    When they were both there in 2012, the place was barely half full.
    Tickets were sold, though.

For the B1G Mistake tourney, a small amount of tickets were discounted, scalpers weren't budging, etc. Unless you had your ear to the ground, you weren't getting a cheap ticket.

I think we are all on the same page, just looking at it from slightly different viewpoints.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Oh, I'm not saying it's smart, but I have heard/know quite a few who just buy the tickets right away. *shrug* There are some situations (like this year's St Paul Regional) where it was very possible that if MN made it...another certain school who happens to be a huge rival would have been stuck here, too. In that particular case, buying in advance would have been a smart decision.
    When they were both there in 2012, the place was barely half full.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Unless it's a situation where UND was hosting in fargo and initial sales sold out (not counting tix to other schools)...i don't understand buying ahead of time when your team might not even be in that regional plus it isn't hard getting tix to regionals. Seems dumb to me. I certainly haven't encountered "a lot" of people who do this.
    Oh, I'm not saying it's smart, but I have heard/know quite a few who just buy the tickets right away. *shrug* There are some situations (like this year's St Paul Regional) where it was very possible that if MN made it...another certain school who happens to be a huge rival would have been stuck here, too. In that particular case, buying in advance would have been a smart decision.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    A lot of people. It's like the lottery. If it's a bigger team that does travel/etc, it ends up usually being a good deal. However, most of the time, better buying off the street. For the F4, I know it's all about keeping your priority number. I know regionals are not like that, but it is the same concept. Get the best seats locked in, and hope.....
    Unless it's a situation where UND was hosting in fargo and initial sales sold out (not counting tix to other schools)...i don't understand buying ahead of time when your team might not even be in that regional plus it isn't hard getting tix to regionals. Seems dumb to me. I certainly haven't encountered "a lot" of people who do this.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

They want tickets sold. They don't care about attendance.
    But, but, but the NCAA said the atmosphere at the regionals was of vital importance to them! Are you saying they were l...l...ly....lyi...not being 100% honest?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I don't buy until after bracket comes out. Who would buy these tix and then be surprised by something in the process leading to them not being able to go?
    A lot of people. It's like the lottery. If it's a bigger team that does travel/etc, it ends up usually being a good deal. However, most of the time, better buying off the street. For the F4, I know it's all about keeping your priority number. I know regionals are not like that, but it is the same concept. Get the best seats locked in, and hope.....

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    I don't buy until after bracket comes out. Who would buy these tix and then be surprised by something in the process leading to them not being able to go?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

It won't happen but in years where easter is in the mix, have all friday-saturday regionals. But i do agree, playing at 9 pm night before easter and then on easter...add that to the list of attendance issues. Easter weekend in general just isn't ideal.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    If the NC$$ is so worried about attendance, maybe don't schedule the East regional final in Albany at 7:30PM on a Sunday night.
    on eastern no less...

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

If the NC$$ is so worried about attendance, maybe don't schedule the East regional final in Albany at 7:30PM on a Sunday night.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Seating capacities of the eastern venues were also more than twice as large. What was your point again?
    Other than pointing out the other guy was talking out of his ***? You couldn't figure that out?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Seating capacities of the eastern venues were also more than twice as large. What was your point again?
    And their longest trip to an arena is about 20 minutes. Ours can be a few hours.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied
    even better, that only enhances my point.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Those numbers in South Bend are inflated because Notre Dame season ticket holders were forced to buy tickets to the regional as part of their package. I highly doubt many of them actually attended since Notre Dame was not in the field and there was no local draw.
    even better, that only enhances my point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X