• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied
    Re: pairwise -- post jan 8th

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Thoughts on how to improve the pairwise?
    Educate people about it.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Keep it exactly the same way it is.
    keep trolling, its an honest question that I would have asked either way right now...you don't think its silly to put all our eggs into the RPI w/QWB basket unless the teams have played head to head? I do.

Leave a comment:

• RL3AO
    replied

Remember, the correction question is how to improve the selection criteria. From my understanding the PWR mimics the selection criteria but it is not used as the selection criteria.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Keep it exactly the same way it is.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    I haven't bought tix in advance for a regional since we went to 16 teams. Those old 6-team regionals were sick.

Now it's simply see where you get placed and buy after. Only the host team fans are going to buy tickets ahead of time here in the East.
    yup. after worcster's mayor said only hc can host at the centrum there was no reason for mookie to buy ahead of time.

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

I haven't bought tix in advance for a regional since we went to 16 teams. Those old 6-team regionals were sick.

Now it's simply see where you get placed and buy after. Only the host team fans are going to buy tickets ahead of time here in the East.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Looking back on the PairWise Rankings since January, they met or outperformed history at almost every turn.

2016 History
    NYD: 71.4% 72.4%
    1/17 85.7% 78.9%
    1/31 85.7% 78.4%
    2/8 85.7% 80.9%
    2/28 85.7% 87.9%
    3/7 92.9% 90.5%

The PairWise has had all 12 of the final top 12 teams since February 28. Further, the PairWise had all 5 of the top 5 in every ranking since the Beanpot. The New Year #1 once again captured the #1 overall seed in the end.

The collapse of then #3 Nebraska-Omaha joins the fall of 2012's #1 Ohio State and 2010's #3 Ferris State in the Hall of Shame. An 0-8 stretch run against the #2, #3 and #6 teams was absolutely brutal.

On the other hand, the rise of Northeastern will give hope to every team from now on. The Huskies entered the new year as the #49 team in the PairWise and did not crack the top 25 until the end of February. Their second half triumph eclipses the second half of the 2013 Wisconsin squad that came from #42 to make the field.
    Last edited by ticapnews; 03-20-2016, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Hmmmm. Looking back at the PairWise, Providence and Boston College have been #4 and #5 since the Beanpot, and Quinnipiac has been the top seed in the east since New Year's. I wonder how many BC and PC fans bought tickets assuming that both teams would end up there... Now they get to buy twice! Brilliant strategery by the NCAA!
    Probably few, if any. Just about everyone in the east does not buy tickets in advance unless they're the host site.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    Just looked at both the Worcester and Albany Ticketmaster sites. Plenty of seats in Worcester. Albany's already end-zone only.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    A lot of people. It's like the lottery. If it's a bigger team that does travel/etc, it ends up usually being a good deal. However, most of the time, better buying off the street. For the F4, I know it's all about keeping your priority number. I know regionals are not like that, but it is the same concept. Get the best seats locked in, and hope.....
    Hmmmm. Looking back at the PairWise, Providence and Boston College have been #4 and #5 since the Beanpot, and Quinnipiac has been the top seed in the east since New Year's. I wonder how many BC and PC fans bought tickets assuming that both teams would end up there... Now they get to buy twice! Brilliant strategery by the NCAA!

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
    The Xcel Energy Center seats 19.000+ people. Half full is still a pretty good crowd for an NCAA regional.
    You're right, but 10K for a UND-Minnesota regional final in St. Paul is a little underwhelming.

Leave a comment:

• ThePowerConference
    replied

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    When they were both there in 2012, the place was barely half full.
    The Xcel Energy Center seats 19.000+ people. Half full is still a pretty good crowd for an NCAA regional.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    Wrong, all the NCAA cares about is the student athletes...
    I stand corrected. The NCAA is a fine institution that looks out for the students involved in athletics who want to better themselves not only in sports, but in education, too.

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    They want tickets sold. They don't care about attendance.
    Wrong, all the NCAA cares about is the student athletes...

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

The regional final had a much bigger crowd than the semis.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X