X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThePowerConference
    replied
    Re: pairwise -- post jan 8th

Minnesota State (Mankato) is #20 and Miami is #25. Is it possible that they could win every game except the championship of their conference tournament and still get an at-large bid? For example, if Mankato beats Lake Superior, beats Bowling Green/Northern Michigan, and then loses to Michigan Tech, that may be enough to get them in. Same for Miami if they win 2 at UMD, beat North Dakota, and then lose to Denver or St Cloud if those scenarios play out.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Eliminated:
    Alabama-Huntsville
    Alaska-Anchorage
    American International
    Arizona State
    Brown
    Colgate
    Connecticut
    Maine
    Massachusetts
    New Hampshire
    Niagara
    Princeton
    Sacred Heart
    Union

Need AQ:
    Air Force
    Alaska
    Army
    Bemidji State
    Bentley
    Bowling Green
    Canisius
    Colorado College
    Dartmouth
    Ferris State
    Holy Cross
    Lake Superior
    Mercyhurst
    Merrimack
    Miami
    Michigan State
    Minnesota
    Minnesota State
    Northern Michigan
    Ohio State
    Rensselaer
    RIT
    Robert Morris
    St. Lawrence
    Vermont
    Western Michigan
    Wisconsin
    Last edited by ticapnews; 03-12-2016, 01:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

In:
    North Dakota
    St Cloud
    Denver
    Boston College
    Providence
    Boston University
    Quinnipiac

Everyone else can still be eliminated and has more work to do.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    it doesn't mean it isn't possible...it takes just the right outcomes to maximize MTU's RPI while hurting the right teams. I tried to calculate who MTU wants to win every game based on their schedule, but that's tough too...haven't quite gotten it right yet.
    And I'm saying once one tests for bugs they should test again

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

I was just playing with the new PairWise Predictor and the first scenario I put in yielded an interesting result. All 6 conference autobids went to teams in the top 16, meaning no cut line for the first time in history. To do this I had all #1 seeds except Minnesota win the conference playoffs. It also works if Minnesota wins the B1G and Omaha and Cornell both get swept in the first round.

ETA: Also if Penn State wins the B1G. Basically, if RMU wins the AHA autobid and Michigan Tech the WCHA autobid then if any of the high seeds in the other four conferences win then there will be no cut line.
    Last edited by ticapnews; 03-11-2016, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    trust and programming are two things that don't belong together
    it doesn't mean it isn't possible...it takes just the right outcomes to maximize MTU's RPI while hurting the right teams. I tried to calculate who MTU wants to win every game based on their schedule, but that's tough too...haven't quite gotten it right yet.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

yeah, its one thing to have the 0% by MTU for getting to 10th, even though I can't seem to get there.
    trust and programming are two things that don't belong together

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

in theory would could just get a long tail pull... as I said before... but not enough can actually happen for it to occur once you get in the weeds.

Let's put it this way, I'd check it if I were them even without pushing from others.
    yeah, its one thing to have the 0% by MTU for getting to 10th, even though I can't seem to get there.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

yeah, that 0% there doesn't make any sense, no way Minnesota State gets to 3rd but can't get to 4-12...not sure about that one.
    in theory one could just get a long tail pull... as I said before... but not enough can actually happen for it to occur once you get in the weeds.

Let's put it this way, I'd check it if I were them even without pushing from others.
    Last edited by Patman; 03-10-2016, 10:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

So far, I would take from this that the CHN simulation still has bugs in it... or this has bugs in it... or both... I'm leaning tothe idea CHN has bugs... Mankato to a 3rd place in PWR would require a lot of ground to cover in terms of RPI.
    yeah, that 0% there doesn't make any sense, no way Minnesota State gets to 3rd but can't get to 4-12...not sure about that one.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

As I mentioned a few posts ago ticapnews, THG is proud to announce our very own pairwise predictor. More features to come, but for now, you can predict results for everything this weekend and it will auto fill the rest as you go, including 3rd games in series if necessary and semifinal, third place, championship matchups for all conference tournaments!

Check it out:
    http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2016/3/10/introducing
    So far, I would take from this that the CHN simulation still has bugs in it... or this has bugs in it... or both... I'm leaning tothe idea CHN has bugs... Mankato to a 3rd place in PWR would require a lot of ground to cover in terms of RPI.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/20...as-no-1-seeds/

Bracketology Blog

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    As I mentioned a few posts ago ticapnews, THG is proud to announce our very own pairwise predictors. More features to come, but for new, you can predict results for everything this weekend and it will auto fill the rest as you go, including 3rd games in series if necessary and semifinal, third place, championship matchups for all conference tournaments!

Check it out:
    Sweet! I'll check it out in the morning!

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

As I mentioned a few posts ago ticapnews, THG is proud to announce our very own pairwise predictor. More features to come, but for now, you can predict results for everything this weekend and it will auto fill the rest as you go, including 3rd games in series if necessary and semifinal, third place, championship matchups for all conference tournaments!

Check it out:
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-10-2016, 10:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Jayson Moy's bracketology

I differ on the B1G champion. Since I deal only with PairWise I assume Michigan will win and put the cut line at 15. Since Minnesota is hosting it makes a huge difference for North Dakota.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X