Cornell
    ------------
    Minnesota Duluth
    Robert Morris (Auto Qualifier)

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Re: pairwise -- post jan 8th

The Omaha-Denver game is about to start the second OT. I had planned updates after the game ended but I am about to fall asleep in my chair so I'm going to bed. I will have updates in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    How locked in is SCSU as a 1 seed? Or in other words, can people find ways to make them a 2 seed and how likely is it?
    It appears Quinnipiac, St Cloud and North Dakota are locked in as regional #1 seeds. Any of them (plus Providence) can finish #1 overall. The remaining regional #1 seed appears to be between Providence, Boston College and Denver. I cannot get Lowell or Michigan to #4 overall. I have not tried Harvard, but I cannot envision them jumping all the way to fourth.

Because both UND and SCSU are driving distance to St Paul and because either Providence or Boston College can finish ahead of Quinnipiac, no one has clinched a location yet - and likely won't until next Saturday night.

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    How locked in is SCSU as a 1 seed? Or in other words, can people find ways to make them a 2 seed and how likely is it?
    Could Denver winning the NCHC tournament push them ahead of SCSU for a 1 seed?

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

I can't get Boston College to #1 anymore. Tonight killed their RPI. The race for #1 is down to four teams: Quinnipiac, North Dakota, St Cloud, Providence

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    I can still get Tech in even if they lose to Mankato in the WCHA Championship. Actually, it's pretty easy: Just have all higher seeds win.
    yeah, definitely rooting against UNO right now, cornell tomororw, UMD, Northeastern next weekend...then its possible, just seems like it won't go that way and UMD/Northeastern would stay in front because losing to UND/SCSU or Providence/BC in the title hurts those 2 less than MTU losing to MSU

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    And I assume my commentary on Michigan Tech is right? Broadmoor or bust is becoming more and more likely?
    I can still get Tech in even if they lose to Mankato in the WCHA Championship. Actually, it's pretty easy: Just have all higher seeds win.

Leave a comment:

• Rhett Hot
    replied
    Originally posted by jimdahl View Post
    not in all possible scenarios, of course. Bu is very well positioned, but not yet a lock.
    thank you quinnipiac

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by JimDahl View Post
    I'd say very, very likely still. Contrary to CHN's results, they look in better shape to me than BU (though both are very likely). I personally don't have the tools to guarantee at this point that there aren't some edge cases that exclude them, but we can be fairly confident that at worst they'll land near the top of the bubble, so it would take a really bad cutline to exclude them.
    And I assume my commentary on Michigan Tech is right? Broadmoor or bust is becoming more and more likely?

Leave a comment:

• JimDahl
    replied
    Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    What are your thoughts about Yale still being in the tourney after these two bad losses to Dartmouth Jim?
    I'd say very, very likely still. Contrary to CHN's results, they look in better shape to me than BU (though both are very likely). I personally don't have the tools to guarantee at this point that there aren't some edge cases that exclude them, but we can be fairly confident that at worst they'll land near the top of the bubble, so it would take a really bad cutline to exclude them.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by JimDahl View Post
    Not in all possible scenarios, of course. BU is very well positioned, but not yet a lock.
    It would break my heart if BU and Notre Dame both missed somehow

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

man, so sad that just about every result went against MTU as far as PWR is concerned...sweep and fall from 13th to 15th and possibly 16th if Cornell wins tomorrow.
    Looking more and more like WCHA will be a one-bid league this year

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

What are your thoughts about Yale still being in the tourney after these two bad losses to Dartmouth Jim?

Leave a comment:

• JimDahl
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    When all is said and done they move back into the top 10 though. The wonders of PairWise.
    Not in all possible scenarios, of course. BU is very well positioned, but not yet a lock.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X