Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #2
    Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

    Code:
     # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown
     9 Cory Babichuk       LD 11/02/14 CAC Gregg Distributors (AMHL)   2017  09/28/98 5'10" 160 Edmonton, AB
    21 Jon Bendorf         LW 08/15/15 Team Comcast 18U (AYHL)         2018  02/26/99 6'00" 185 Hamilton, NJ
    21                                 The Hun School
    27 Todd Burgess         C 04/14/14 Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL)       2016  04/03/96 6'02" 185 Phoenix, AZ
    20 Austin Cho          LD 02/24/14 Georgetown Raiders (OJHL)       16/17 05/19/97 6'01" 190 Mississauga, ON
    19 Carlos Fornaris      C 02/13/13 Topeka RoadRunners (NAHL)       2016  02/17/95 5'09" 176 Miami FL
    20 Jacob Hayhurst #     C 02/13/14 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2016  01/20/97 5'08  170 Mississauga, ON
     5 Charles Manley *#   LD 12/19/11 Estevan Bruins (SJHL)           2016  07/16/96 5'11" 185 Orchard Park, NY
     4 Jacob Modry         LD 07/19/15 Los Angeles Jr. Kings U16 AAA   2018  01/23/99 6'03" 168 El Segundo, CA
    19 Emil Ohrvall        LW 05/17/15 Shattuck St. Marys Prep         2017  06/10/98 5'10" 151 Vaxjo, Sweden
    35 Chase Perry          G 12/02/15 Wenatchee Wild (BCHL)           2016  02/08/96 6'03" 195 Andover, MN
    27 Patrick Polino      RW 12/09/15 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2016  04/11/95 5'08" 172 Buffalo, NY
    
    
    Women
     2 Kendra Farole       LD 03/15/15 California Wave U16             2016  01/29/98 5'05" 129 Huntington Beach, CA
    28 Meg Hayes *#         F 04/19/15 NAHA Major Junior White         2016  01/04/98 x'xx" xxx White River Jct, VT
    15 Morgan Ondrick       F 02/08/15 Chicago Young Amer. U19 (HPHL)  2017  10/06/98 5'08" 145 Shorewood, IL
    10 Blake Orosz #        F 09/11/15 Nepean Wildcats (PWHL)          2016  09/04/97 5'02" 130 Chase Mills, NY
     7 Sabrina Repaci       F 07/20/15 Toronto Aeros (PWHL)            2016  11/07/98 5'05" 145 Toronto, ON
    11 Katarina Seper #     D 12/19/14 Lakeville North HS (South Sub.) 2016  07/22/98 5'08.5155 Lakeville, MN
                                       Minnesota Ice Cats U19
    * In the RPI directory
    # Known to have signed National Letter of Intent
    The years the men's recruits are listed as committed for are not necessarily accurate.
    The dates on which some of the women are listed as committing on may be considerably after the actual dates.
    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

      Code:
       # Name                Ps Team (League)                      Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
       6 Cory Babichuk       LD Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL)      2- 0- 1-  1- 16
       9                        CAC Gregg Distributors (AMHL)      22- 1-14- 15- 16 01/16/16
                                total                              24- 1-15- 16- 32
      21 Jon Bendorf         LW Team Comcast 18U (AYHL)            17- 8- 9- 17-  6 01/16/16
                                non-league                          X- X- X-  X-  X 01/09/16
      21                        The Hun School                      X-11-12- 23-  X 01/11/16
                                Total                               X-19-21- 40-  X
      27 Todd Burgess         C Fairbanks Ice Dog (NAHL)           31-21-32- 53- 32 01/08/16
       6 Austin Cho          LD Vernon Vipers (BCHL)               17- 0- 1-  1- 15 
      16                        Langley Rivermen                    7- 0- 1-  1-  2
      20                        Georgetown Raiders                 10- 2-10- 12-  0 01/08/16
                                Totel                              34- 2-12- 14- 17
      19 Carlos Fornaris      C Topeka RoadRunners (NAHL)          29- 5- 9- 14- 22 01/15/16
      20 Jacob Hayhurst       C Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL)    21- 2- 8- 10- 22 01/08/15
       5 Charles Manley      LD Estevan Bruins (SJHL)              37- 1-13- 14-  6 01/08/15
       4 Jacob Modry         LD Los Angeles Jr Kings U16AAA (T1El.)23- 1- 6-  7- 14 01/09/16
                                Los Angeles Jr Kings (CAHA)         9- 2- 1-  3-  2 01/09/16
                                adjustment for double counting     -1  0  0   0  -2 same game both leagues 1/9
                                Total                              31- 3- 7- 10- 14
      19 Emil Ohrvall        LW Shattuck St. Marys Prep (Elite Lea)15-12-10- 22-  2 season over
                                non-league                         14-10- 9- 19-  4 01/09/16
                                Total                              29-22-19- 41-  6
      35 Chase Perry          G Wenatchee Wild (BCHL)          30-17-10-2-2.39-.901 01/08/16
      27 Patrick Polino      RW Lincoln Stars (USHL)               30-11- 9- 20- 35 01/08/16
      
      Women
       2 Kendra Farole       LD California Wave U16                 X- X- X-  X-  X
      28 Meg Hayes            F NAHA Major Junior White            40- 3-11- 14- 12
      15 Morgan Ondrick       F Chicago Young Americans U19 (HPHL)  X- X- X-  X-  X
      10 Blake Orosz          F Nepean Wildcats (PWHL)             24-13- 8- 21- 14
       7 Sabrina Repaci       F Toronto Aeros (PWHL)               18- 2- 9- 11-  2
      11 Katerina Seper       D Lakeville North HS (South Sub.)    17- 6- 7- 13-  0
                                Minnesota Ice Cats U19              X- X- X-  X-  X
      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

        Friday's games

        Burgess http://nahl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=2710909
        Cho http://ojhl_site.stats.pointstreak.c...gameid=2699238
        Hayhurst http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...p?game_id=526# If that doesn't work try the link from here http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...ate=2016-01-08.
        Manley http://www.leaguestat.com/sjhl/sjhl/...p?game_id=3223 If that doesn't work try the link from here http://www.leaguestat.com/sjhl/sjhl/...ate=2016-01-08.
        Perry http://bchl.ca/game-summary-page?game_id=6962
        Polino http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...p?game_id=529# If that doesn't work try the link from here http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...ate=2016-01-08.

        I will post the summaries whenever.
        sigpic

        Let's Go 'Tute!

        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

        2012 Poser Of The Year

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

          Just reading this summary of Esteven's game yesterday. http://www.discoverestevan.com/local...ainst-klippers It mentions
          They quickly tied up the game at three thanks to a Ryan Duret deflection off of a Charlie Manley point shot.
          The box score http://www.leaguestat.com/sjhl/sjhl/...p?game_id=3220 shows the goal as "2. Duret, (3) (Duret), 7:14" which is obviously wrong since there is only one Duret on the team. The software must have figured out there was a problem since Duret doesn't have an assist in the summary. I assume that eventually CM will get a second assist.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-08-2016, 09:52 AM.
          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

            Turk: Tried to respond to your post on the previous thread #998 but the thread closed on me. NJ has some incredibly competitive teams and players over the past decade. The Ivy teams live at Delbarton. Last night we faced a Princeton team that sports Colton Phinney in goal and Tommy Davis on the ice. Just scan the Yale line up any year in the past ten and see whether they have a Delbarton kid somewhere. 20 years ago it was our own Brick Township school but now the prep schools are the places to look. The only time I saw an RPI guy down here was when they were looking at Drew Melanson. He has been our chance to get a foot in the door and I would have hoped we would have followed up on it. I have not checked but Delbarton looks like the powerhouse they were a few years ago. At Miami we face another kid that was a couple years behind Drew. I thought Josh Melnick was a bit small for NCAA Division I hockey but he obviously has made the jump successfully. He is i believe a freshman and one of their leading scorers and gave us plenty of trouble in the last two games. I know we do not have the resources to be everywhere but as you point out, it is not a long expensive trip to go see Albany Academy play.
            I consider coach Appert one of the best recruiters we have had in my over 50 years of RPI hockey. But i see, as do you, some places where we should be looking and having contact.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

              I’m not so sure they were even looking at Drew Doc. The Melanson’s were in the area & took in the RPI/#26 game @ HFH the night Bailen scored the OT winner. He loved it & decided then & there he wanted to play here. Now, it’s possible SA had talked to him before that visit but Drew never mentioned it to me when he told me that story. Of course, as you say the coaches can’t be everywhere. A mid-level school won’t have that kind of budget. SA seems to prefer, Ont., Mnn., & Alberta where he has eyes he counts on. Lots of fishes in lots of ponds though.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

                Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Turk: Tried to respond to your post on the previous thread #998 but the thread closed on me. NJ has some incredibly competitive teams and players over the past decade. The Ivy teams live at Delbarton. Last night we faced a Princeton team that sports Colton Phinney in goal and Tommy Davis on the ice. Just scan the Yale line up any year in the past ten and see whether they have a Delbarton kid somewhere. 20 years ago it was our own Brick Township school but now the prep schools are the places to look. The only time I saw an RPI guy down here was when they were looking at Drew Melanson. He has been our chance to get a foot in the door and I would have hoped we would have followed up on it. I have not checked but Delbarton looks like the powerhouse they were a few years ago. At Miami we face another kid that was a couple years behind Drew. I thought Josh Melnick was a bit small for NCAA Division I hockey but he obviously has made the jump successfully. He is i believe a freshman and one of their leading scorers and gave us plenty of trouble in the last two games. I know we do not have the resources to be everywhere but as you point out, it is not a long expensive trip to go see Albany Academy play.
                I consider coach Appert one of the best recruiters we have had in my over 50 years of RPI hockey. But i see, as do you, some places where we should be looking and having contact.
                While I do agree that someone should watch the game at AA, I don't believe that we are neglecting NJ. We currently have two NJ natives on the team and another on the way. (Granted, one wasn't playing there when we recruited him.) I got bored after checking abut 20 rosters a couple of weeks ago, but I only found PU and YU with more. We also have a player (Gillespie) who was playing junior hockey in NJ when we recruited him.

                BTW, this evening Patrick Pollino will play his 200th USHL game.

                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

                  Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  Iím not so sure they were even looking at Drew Doc. The Melansonís were in the area & took in the RPI/#26 game @ HFH the night Bailen scored the OT winner. He loved it & decided then & there he wanted to play here. Now, itís possible SA had talked to him before that visit but Drew never mentioned it to me when he told me that story. Of course, as you say the coaches canít be everywhere. A mid-level school wonít have that kind of budget. SA seems to prefer, Ont., Mnn., & Alberta where he has eyes he counts on. Lots of fishes in lots of ponds though.
                  We seem to recruit in more places than most schools do. The exception being New England.
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

                    Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    Iím not so sure they were even looking at Drew Doc. The Melansonís were in the area & took in the RPI/#26 game @ HFH the night Bailen scored the OT winner. He loved it & decided then & there he wanted to play here. Now, itís possible SA had talked to him before that visit but Drew never mentioned it to me when he told me that story. Of course, as you say the coaches canít be everywhere. A mid-level school wonít have that kind of budget. SA seems to prefer, Ont., Mnn., & Alberta where he has eyes he counts on. Lots of fishes in lots of ponds though.
                    And apparently Sweden. I would love to see us have some interest in New England as we had in past years. NJ does not have to be a major interest but once we get a few boys from here (and we 2 born here now and another who played here, you might hope we have some connections. SA obviously is a very good judge of talent, i would be the first to agree to that. he can also sell ice cubes to eskimos. I just hate to see us miss out on talent that others seem to be following. Especially when these kids end up in the ECAC against us twice a year for 4 years.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

                      Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      While I do agree that someone should watch the game at AA, I don't believe that we are neglecting NJ. We currently have two NJ natives on the team and another on the way. (Granted, one wasn't playing there when we recruited him.) I got bored after checking abut 20 rosters a couple of weeks ago, but I only found PU and YU with more. We also have a player (Gillespie) who was playing junior hockey in NJ when we recruited him.

                      BTW, this evening Patrick Pollino will play his 200th USHL game.

                      I think neglect is too strong a word. But we never see much RPI presence at the NJ games we go to or the tournaments. As you mention, we do have 2 on the team now and one coming and one more in KG who played here. As i mentioned to Turk, I just hate when an ECAC team grabs one of these kids and we have to play against him twice a year for 4 years.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

                        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        We seem to recruit in more places than most schools do. The exception being New England.
                        And Quebec. Although we never had many players from there, an occasional boy from there would be nice to add to our international contingent.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

                          Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          And Quebec. Although we never had many players from there, an occasional boy from there would be nice to add to our international contingent.
                          I agree, but no one else recruits there much currently either. Even Vermont which once did doesn't now. There are just a few players overall.

                          Edit: I think that because of the language problems, Quebec natives are not that interested in US colleges.
                          OTOH, I got several tweets about Martin St. Louis being honored by Vermont.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-08-2016, 01:41 PM.
                          sigpic

                          Let's Go 'Tute!

                          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                          2012 Poser Of The Year

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

                            Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            I think neglect is too strong a word. But we never see much RPI presence at the NJ games we go to or the tournaments. As you mention, we do have 2 on the team now and one coming and one more in KG who played here. As i mentioned to Turk, I just hate when an ECAC team grabs one of these kids and we have to play against him twice a year for 4 years.
                            We can't get everyone -- fewer than 30 roster spaces. I regard this as a nonissue. Yes, there are NJ natives who would look in Cherry and White, but that's true of everywhere.
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

                              Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I agree, but no one else recruits there much currently either. Even Vermont which once did doesn't now. There are just a few players overall.
                              Well maybe we could find a face off specialist there. St Hillaire was quite good.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X