• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16 Part II

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Yesterday when I was searching for news about the WHL Draft I thought I read somewhere where ‘99s were eligible. The W Home page does note it was a 2001 Bantam Draft. As much as I don’t understand regarding rules about the USHL I’m lost concerning the CHL.
    I clicked on about 50 people in this and previous years and found one drafted a year late.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That's good news. This was a bantam drive. They could have been too old anyway, but never mind.

Neither appears to have been drafted in their correct year.
    Yesterday when I was searching for news about the WHL Draft I thought I read somewhere where ‘99s were eligible. The W Home page does note it was a 2001 Bantam Draft. As much as I don’t understand regarding rules about the USHL I’m lost concerning the CHL.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

WHL Draft looks to be over. Neither Modry or Babichuk were selected.... http://new.whl.ca/whl-bantam-draft-2016
    That's good news. This was a bantam draft. They could have been too old anyway, but never mind.

Neither appears to have been drafted in their correct year.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-05-2016, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Charlie Manley isn't in the lineup again. So his season is over.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

WHL Draft looks to be over. Neither Modry or Babichuk were selected.... http://new.whl.ca/whl-bantam-draft-2016

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Charley’s not in tonight’s lineup

From Sunday's game http://www.estevanmercury.ca/sports/...loss-1.2244159.
    Shortly afterwards Bruins defenceman Charles Manley received an elbow to the head from Wowryk. Manley left the game after the play and did not return.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Thursday's game

Manley who may not play in his final game this season http://wcc.stats.pointstreak.com/box...gameid=2880378

I will post the summary whenever.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

https://www.neutralzone.net/2016/04/...res-breakdown/

Kasdorf’s departure was anticipated and therefore RPI stocked up with a heralded goalie recruit out of the BCHL in Chase Perry (Red Wings Draft Pick). They will likely take a step back at the goalie position for the near term, but there’s no doubt Perry has the potential to be a starter at the D1 level.
    The article is actually about early departures from the NCAA and their impact. This adds to the post by turk181 where Sam de Luca listed Perry.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-04-2016, 10:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

A week old article discussing how Fairbanks players including Todd Burgess spend their off-ice time. http://www.newsminer.com/sports/ice_...5efc6173d.html

Center and Phoenix native Todd Burgess added, “I got to go ice fishing and took a dog sled ride. Both were a lot of fun.”

The players had nothing but praise for the program’s staff and volunteers.

Burgess described it as a “ … tight-knit group that runs everything in a professional manner.”
    Burgess lauded the work of medical trainer Jim Kimbal —“Jimmy is very good at what he does.”
    One off-topic quote.

Burgess added a comment that would never have occurred to me.

“The decision to leave home and come all the way to Alaska shows scouts that you are committed to moving along with your hockey career,” he said.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I wondered about that myself (not the confusing part). I’m not 100% sure if he’s WHL or OHL (or is it QMJHL for NY) eligible. I am leaning towards Cali & the WHL though. One other thing we need to remember, being Drafted by a Team doesn’t guarantee you’ve made said Team.
    NY is OHL, not Q.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Maybe that is why the USHL listed him as from Loudonville, NY (where he lived when born) -- to confuse the CHL.
    I wondered about that myself (not the confusing part). I’m not 100% sure if he’s WHL or OHL (or is it QMJHL for NY) eligible. I am leaning towards Cali & the WHL though. One other thing we need to remember, being Drafted by a Team doesn’t guarantee you’ve made said Team.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

With Bendorf, Modry, and Ohrvall all very possible for the USHL next season, it is likely that some of our recruits will play each other. While in past years this was a frequent occurrence, known recruits didn't play each other this season played.

Cedar Rapids played Lincoln twice. Although both Hayhurst and Polino played in the first game, Polino was not yet an RPI commit. Polino was out for the season when the second game was played.

Cho, Perry, and Reilly all played in the BCHL, but they never played each other while known recruits. Cho had left before either of the others committed and Reilly didn't commit until after the season and playoffs were over.

Lastly, Fornaris left the NAHL without his team playing Fairbanks. (Actually, the teams didn't play at all)
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-04-2016, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

WHL Draft is May 5th.
    Maybe that is why the USHL listed him as from Loudonville, NY (where he lived when born) -- to confuse the CHL.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Todd Burgess will be last recruit playing.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

I would think that is a big plus, but I suspect that someone will try to get him anyway.
    WHL Draft is May 5th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X