Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

    ICYMI Troy Terry did it again! Shoot out goal for the Gold Medal win! BTW Goalie Tyler Parsons is awesome.
    GO DU !!!

    Comment


    • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

      WJC Gold medal winners
      2004 Matt Carle--won NCAA Championship
      2010 Matt Donovan and Jason Zucker--should have won Natty
      2017 Troy Terry--____________________ Fill in the blank
      GO DU !!!

      Comment


      • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

        Henrik is back 2 goals in DU 5-1 win
        Three stars:
        1. Henrik Borgstrom
        2. Emil Romig First points of the season 1 goal 1 assist
        3. Matt Marcinew
        GO DU !!!

        Comment


        • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

          Troy Terry pregame special tonight at Magness
          GO DU !!!

          Comment


          • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

            Is Finley sick/injured or just a scratch?

            Over/Under four goals tonight for the top line against ASU, but can DU go deep this year playing those three together? Should they split them up to create better scoring depth (flip Gambrell and Jansen, for example...)?
            Live Free or Die!!

            Comment


            • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

              Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Is Finley sick/injured or just a scratch?

              Over/Under four goals tonight for the top line against ASU, but can DU go deep this year playing those three together? Should they split them up to create better scoring depth (flip Gambrell and Jansen, for example...)?
              I thought Finlay was supposed to be a sniper, but he's only 1-1-2 in 18 games.He did play in Providence and Jay didn't list him in the injury report. Scratch is my guess.
              Luko has played on the top line. then I think Terry centered the 2nd line. Monty isn't afraid to mix and match during the game. As of yesterday the top 3 +Butcher had as many points as the rest of the team combined. Yes, we need more scoring from the other lines.
              GO DU !!!

              Comment


              • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

                Back in the USA--David Makowski now playing for the Allen Americans.
                GO DU !!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  I thought Finlay was supposed to be a sniper, but he's only 1-1-2 in 18 games.He did play in Providence and Jay didn't list him in the injury report. Scratch is my guess.
                  Luko has played on the top line. then I think Terry centered the 2nd line. Monty isn't afraid to mix and match during the game. As of yesterday the top 3 +Butcher had as many points as the rest of the team combined. Yes, we need more scoring from the other lines.

                  Luko played on the top PP, but any other opportunities with Borg/terry were just in between line changes. The lines stayed pretty static tonight, and last night. Personally, I'm ok with having a dynamite first line, a good 2nd line, and serviceable other lines. That top line was outstanding in the O-zone this weekend, but terrible in their own end. Breaking out was atrocious. They got hemmed in a few times, that shouldn't happen.

                  r

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                    Luko played on the top PP, but any other opportunities with Borg/terry were just in between line changes. The lines stayed pretty static tonight, and last night. Personally, I'm ok with having a dynamite first line, a good 2nd line, and serviceable other lines. That top line was outstanding in the O-zone this weekend, but terrible in their own end. Breaking out was atrocious. They got hemmed in a few times, that shouldn't happen.

                    r
                    Well, Montgomery said post-game they are going to ride this line for at least the foreseeable future. ASU ranks dead last in team defense, so will be interesting to see how this line-up serves them this weekend at a back-end of the top 20 defense in WMU and especially down the road against elite defenses like UMD and UND.

                    Personally, I don't think Terry/Borgstrom miss a beat playing with Janssen instead of Gambrell and would love to see what they might bring out of 26. I'd bet that Gambrell playing play-maker for Marcinew and Luko would elevate those two to another level. While Gambrell also possesses the ability to make things happen for himself.

                    As good as they're defending though, I can understand why consolidating those three while the other lines play defense first is not a bad idea...
                    Live Free or Die!!

                    Comment


                    • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

                      And how about that #1 ranking?? Yeah baby!!
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

                      Comment


                      • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

                        Hey DU fans! I had the opportunity to travel up last weekend to watch my Devils. Must say I enjoyed the trip. You all have a beautiful arena and some great fans. It was fun chatting with DU fans over the two nights. Also, the folks working at the arena were awesome. Very friendly. You have a great thing going in Denver and it was fun to experience it. Hope it is the first of many times we can play you as we develop our program. Congrats on your #1 ranking and best of luck the remainder of the year!

                        Comment


                        • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

                          Thanks revs89. Hope you Hurry and get that rink built.

                          BTW Nick Shore got a shorty Monday-- his first in the NHL.
                          GO DU !!!

                          Comment


                          • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

                            So I finally got tickets for the remainder of the season. Friday nights only. While mom works, I'm going to bring this little lady to the games.


                            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

                            2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

                            YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

                            Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016


                            Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

                            Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

                            RIP Butch


                            sigpic
                            www.firstandmonday.com

                            Comment


                            • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

                              Never too early to start a Pioneer hockey maven.

                              Perhaps she could assist in a nickname for Dylan Gambrell. We have Hank the Tank and LegenTerry, now we need a moniker for Dylan. DynamoDylan, DylanDynamic, etc.
                              GO DU !!!

                              Comment


                              • Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

                                Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                Never too early to start a Pioneer hockey maven.

                                Perhaps she could assist in a nickname for Dylan Gambrell. We have Hank the Tank and LegenTerry, now we need a moniker for Dylan. DynamoDylan, DylanDynamic, etc.
                                Apparently a few of Gambrell's team nicknames include Gambino, Dill Pickle, and Phenom.
                                Gabin with Gabe - Nicknames edition

                                r

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X