Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Alberta Junior Hockey League forward Reed Linaker from the St. Albert Steel has informed me that he has committed to Penn State for 2012.
    disappointing....****
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Alberta Junior Hockey League forward Reed Linaker from the St. Albert Steel has informed me that he has committed to Penn State for 2012.
      Kind of a kick in the balls, if we had room for him in 2012.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
        Kind of a kick in the balls, if we had room for him in 2012.
        I suspect that with 3 forwards already lined up for 2012, and no senior forwards on the roster (Little will be a 4th year player as a RS JR) and one expected early departure (Smith) roster spots are getting a little tight.

Comment

USA Hockey Select Festival invitations have been sent here are the Wisconsin born players:

1994's
          Tim Davison-Notre Dame Academy HS (Wisconsin commit)-Defense
          Mathew Fosdick-Brookfield HS-Defense
          Alec Vanko-Oregon HS-Defense
          Kyle Schmidt-Milwaukee Jr. Admirals Midget Major-Forward

1995's
          Tyler Funk-(I'm not sure)-Forward

1996's
          Ryan Wischow-Ashwaubenon HS-Goalie
          Keegan Ford-Waunakee HS-Defense
          Cooper Watson-Appleton HS-Defense (brother? of Ohio State commit Cliff)
          Charlie Grasskamp-Eau Claire Memorial-Forward
          Kyler Politt-Team Illinois Bantam Major's-Forward
          Nick Schmaltz-Chicago Mission Bantam Major's-Forward (He's listed as Illinois but I'm 99% sure he still lives in Verona. Brother of former UW recruit and current Sioux recruit Jordan Schmaltz)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            I don't know why Eaves brought Navin in instead of Linaker.......
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I agree that Linaker might of had more of an impact then Navin for this season, but they may of not had enough scholarship money going forward if they brought in another recruit with only Smith as Almington mentioned likily leaving after next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                USA Hockey Select Festival invitations have been sent here are the Wisconsin born players:

1994's
                Tim Davison-Notre Dame Academy HS (Wisconsin commit)-Defense
                Mathew Fosdick-Brookfield HS-Defense
                Alec Vanko-Oregon HS-Defense
                Kyle Schmidt-Milwaukee Jr. Admirals Midget Major-Forward

1995's
                Tyler Funk-(I'm not sure)-Forward

1996's
                Ryan Wischow-Ashwaubenon HS-Goalie
                Keegan Ford-Waunakee HS-Defense
                Cooper Watson-Appleton HS-Defense (brother? of Ohio State commit Cliff)
                Charlie Grasskamp-Eau Claire Memorial-Forward
                Kyler Politt-Team Illinois Bantam Major's-Forward
                Nick Schmaltz-Chicago Mission Bantam Major's-Forward (He's listed as Illinois but I'm 99% sure he still lives in Verona. Brother of former UW recruit and current Sioux recruit Jordan Schmaltz)
                Cooper Watson is Cliff Watson's brother, they were defensive partners for Appleton United this season. Also, I think you are correct about Nick Schmaltz being Jordan's brother.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                  Cooper Watson is Cliff Watson's brother, they were defensive partners for Appleton United this season. Also, I think you are correct about Nick Schmaltz being Jordan's brother.
                  I know Nick Schmaltz is Jordan's brother, I'm just not sure why he's listed as Illinois.

Comment

Make it 3 during off season signing period as Brad Navin signs LOI to Wisconsin.

http://www.wrn.com/2011/05/navin-sig...badgers-audio/

1 to go.
                    WISCONSIN BADGERS
                    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

NAHL.com is reporting that the Badgers have landed a commitment from Alaska Avalanche goaltender Landon Peterson. Peterson, an Oregon, WI native had a 2.74 goals-against average and a .913 save percentage in 45 games for Alaska.

Comment

Looks like we're at 1,000 posts...let's fire a new one up.

Comment

Working...
                        X