Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solovsfett
    replied
    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    I just hope this isn't the traditional...announce you're going NCAA right before the OHL draft so the crappy teams that draft at the top of the draft don't take you and then you get picked by one of the OHL teams with big money and magically end up with them even though you told everyone you were going NCAA.
    good point.

on another note. Looks like Mr. Degadillo may be considering going to college and not playing hockey. surprising really.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied
    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Tyler Lapic injured his wrist and is in a cast. He's done for the season (not that his USHL team was going anywhere). He'll start rehab in the next week or two. Will be 100% for the fall.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    now if Probert (RIP) has a kid that plays and goes NCAA that'd be perfect. Nodak I'm sure would look at one of them. we could see probie vs. domi part 1,250!
    I just hope this isn't the traditional...announce you're going NCAA right before the OHL draft so the crappy teams that draft at the top of the draft don't take you and then you get picked by one of the OHL teams with big money and magically end up with them even though you told everyone you were going NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

now if Probert (RIP) has a kid that plays and goes NCAA that'd be perfect. Nodak I'm sure would look at one of them. we could see probie vs. domi part 1,250!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

No clue who the kid is interested in but Tie Domi's kid Max has (for now) decided to play college hockey.

Ps...I'm pumped that my 2k post is talking about Tie Domi.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

wow. I'm watching both the MN HS tourney via webstream and Wiscsonsin vs. CC

Kyle Rau is a hell of a player for Eden Prairie. too bad he's going to be a rat player. but I must say if that Jake Randolph kid from Duluth has not committed Wisconsin better get on him. He's a **** smart hockey player. Not sure what year he is. Also Repensky and Toninato look like solid players.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    I guess that something changed on UW's end, because either way Strang has to sit a year. In any case, I don't understand but suspects that there is more to this story.
    Guessing if he can't pass the clearinghouse he won't ever get into Wisconsin. Where as he can probably get into Bemidji right now and play after sitting out that season. I don't think it's much more than that.

Leave a comment:

• Almington
    replied

Strang to Bemidji if you don't read the blog.
    I guess that something changed on UW's end, because either way Strang has to sit a year. In any case, I don't understand but suspects that there is more to this story.
    Last edited by Almington; 03-09-2011, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Strang to Bemidji if you don't read the blog.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Will Butcher from Sun Prairie was named to the USA NTDP Tryout camp for 1995 born players. He was the only Wisconsinite invited. I thought Ian McCoshen from the Waterloo Blackhawks and Travis Wood who I haven't talked about much but is a really nice player from Hill Murray in the cities would both get invites. Wood and McCoshen both are from Hudson.

McCoshen and Butcher are class of 2013 kids and Wood is a 2014 but it looks like the Badgers have an opportunity for some serious big time in state defensemen for those classes.

All three were rated in the top 15 at this past summers Select 15 festival by the USHR.
    awesome news for Mr. Butcher. If UW can land 2 of these 3 that's pretty **** good

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Will Butcher from Sun Prairie was named to the USA NTDP Tryout camp for 1995 born players. He was the only Wisconsinite invited. I thought Ian McCoshen from the Waterloo Blackhawks and Travis Wood who I haven't talked about much but is a really nice player from Hill Murray in the cities would both get invites. Wood and McCoshen both are from Hudson.

McCoshen and Butcher are class of 2013 kids and Wood is a 2014 but it looks like the Badgers have an opportunity for some serious big time in state defensemen for those classes.

All three were rated in the top 15 at this past summers Select 15 festival by the USHR.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    Lapic is a 20ish year old, who has finally found some good PT on a HORRIBLE Chicago Steel team. If he comes in and plays a solid two way game, I think he'll see good time on the 4th line next season. I've never seen him play, but being an older, experienced player, could get him some good PT. Overall, I think there will be a lot of competition next season for 3 or so spots every night. I think this is good, it pushes kids to work harder. Even though the forward group will be uber young and inexperienced, I'm much more worried about the blue line and goalie situation. Sure Rumpel appears to be a stud, but the WCHA is a big step up from the BCHL, and if Gardiner AND Schultz leave, there will be big holes in front of Rumpel next October.

I like this late season pick up by Eaves, 3 of them in three years that will pay off in the coming seasons. The LeBate has size, something you can't teach, but a weight room can make a dominating assest to go w/ natural talent.
    thanks for the update. I used to be more up on the recruiting game but have fallen way behind on reading about em. And I think you're right. the competition for ice time next season should be intense as hell.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

I will sleep much better tonight with LaBate in the fold. Sounds like a 3-4 yr guy who could be a physical force with scoring touch like Geoffrion. Eaves pulled another rabbitt out of the hat.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by GoBucky! View Post
    "But LaBate... said the plan all along was for him to come in next season, joining a class that currently numbers seven."

That sounds like he was already lined up but waiting for an announcement of an underclassman saying they were leaving early. Yes? Maybe Eaves has something else up his sleeve? Hoping a goalie!
    No. His spot opened up when Strang didn't get in. He committed over the weekend when he was in town for a visit.

Leave a comment:

• Gandalf the Red
    replied

Originally posted by aktick View Post
    You know, we've said this quite a bit the last few years, and it seems to me (I could be wrong) that Eaves usually figures out which guys he wants in the lineup pretty early in the season, and then barring injury or COMPLETELY terrible play, he sticks with them. I remember we were all always getting frustrated that guys like Podge, Bearson, and Lee weren't getting a shot when guys playing in front of them were not really contributing anything.
    Well, that is a good point. Add Gorowsky to that list too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X