Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    Ah I was counting titles since the WCHA was formed.

UW - 6
    UND -5

I suppose you figured you had the shovel and were in the hole already. May as well keep digging.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Ah I was counting titles since the WCHA was formed.

UW - 6
      UND -5
      Ha!
      How many titles does Michigan have then? Do only the titles that they won while in the WCHA count?

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Former Wisconsin commit Brock Montpetit has committed to Nebraska-Omaha.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Former Wisconsin commit Brock Montpetit has committed to Nebraska-Omaha.
          Did we ever hear the entire story? I think the partial scholly was a cop-out. He didn't back out because he wanted to play earlier than Eaves wanted him to.

There must be a "decision" gene missing from these Somerset boys.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Man, the conference is going to be even tougher than it already is next year. I wish we could keep more Wisconsin born recruits in state, but maybe it's just a case that other states and Canada have better recruits so Mike Eaves passes on these guys or makes them wait another year or so.
            Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Man, the conference is going to be even tougher than it already is next year. I wish we could keep more Wisconsin born recruits in state, but maybe it's just a case that other states and Canada have better recruits so Mike Eaves passes on these guys or makes them wait another year or so.

Yeah, the 2005-06 NC team didn't have any Wisconsin kids on it.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Yeah, the 2005-06 NC team didn't have any Wisconsin kids on it.
                It did, but several recruits have left the state as well like Kessel and LaPointe.
                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

It did, but several recruits have left the state as well like Kessel and LaPointe.
                  So? You're never going to keep every WI born recruit in state, it is just not possible. Sometime the fit isn't right. I'm not gonna worry about the players who decided to go elsewhere, it's not as if UW is hurting for recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
                    At least he can scramble for an excuse...

Exile - you're on in :30 about how the crease creatures are heading for the tubes. Exhibit 1A has already presented itself.
                    I had family commitments on Friday and Saturday, so I missed it all.

Lemme guess... the band played "Livin' on a Prayer", and not enough people groaned?

Factoid of the day: There is a very strong corelation between people who enjoy "Livin' on a Prayer" and people who go to parties in college and take shots of Pucker.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Factoid of the day: There is a very strong correlation between people who enjoy "Livin' on a Prayer" and people who go to parties in college and take shots of Pucker.
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

I'll take the best recruits over in state any day. I don't care where they come from. Some of the greatest Badgers even came from (cough, cough, wheez) Minnesota. That hurt just typing it.
                        If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                          I'll take the best recruits over in state any day. I don't care where they come from. Some of the greatest Badgers even came from (cough, cough, wheez) Minnesota. That hurt just typing it.
                          100% agreed. Kessel was never going to play here; not his style. (We won the NC that year without him, remember?) LaPointe and others got caught up in numbers games with loaded teams. Lofquist? Who gives a **** about the boyhood goofer fan who was "upset" Wisconsin didn't pursue him. He would have been a #5 or #6 Dman anyway...maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Lofquist? Who gives a **** about the boyhood goofer fan who was "upset" Wisconsin didn't pursue him. He would have been a #5 or #6 Dman anyway.
                            He would have been #5/6 on Union or Colgate.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              100% agreed. Kessel was never going to play here; not his style. (We won the NC that year without him, remember?) LaPointe and others got caught up in numbers games with loaded teams. Lofquist? Who gives a **** about the boyhood goofer fan who was "upset" Wisconsin didn't pursue him. He would have been a #5 or #6 Dman anyway...maybe.
                              I'd argue the "boyhood goofer fan" aspect of your comment. He was much more of a Sam Lofquist fan than anything else.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                I'd argue the "boyhood goofer fan" aspect of your comment. He was much more of a Sam Lofquist fan than anything else.
                                I've gathered that from the Gopher faithful. He's now in a better place ....away from BOTH of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X