Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied
    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Big update tonight from Baggot about a possible replacement for Murray. Sounds like Eaves has St. Albert Steel (Alberta Junior Hockey League) forward Reed Linaker in his sights should Murray opt for Switzerland. He was in for a visit last month.

Like I posted on the blog tonight, it will be interesting to see if they offer him for 2012 if Murray decides to stay at UW. 2012 will see the Badgers lose Murray and Ryan Little to graduation, and most likely Craig Smith as an early departure. They bring elite forward recruits Nic Kerdiles from the USA NTDP and Morgan Zulinick from Salmon Arm in the BCHL as well as possibly Corbin McGuire and Brad Navin.

You can never have too many weapons...

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied
    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

I guess the first game of that Minnesota NIT tournament was like an exhibition or something so the earlier stats I posted for Navin weren't correct. Here are the stat leaders for Team Wisconsin at the senior tourney. Team Wisconsin finished 1-2 this year after winning it all last year.

Ryan Dau (Hudson)-6 pts (6a) -Has visited Holy Cross and Princeton
    Brad Navin (Waupaca)-5 pts (4g, 1a) -Wisconsin Recruit
    Alexander Dahl (Eau Claire Memorial)-5 pts (2g, 3a) -brother of Jefferson
    Evan Janssen (Green Bay United)-3 pts (1g, 2a)

Leave a comment:

• NEWI Badger Fan
    replied

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
    No damage to my house but it was too close for comfort. My house is just to the right of the red dot labeled "ME"

http://s57.***********.com/albums/g2...rrent=path.jpg

Glad to hear there was no damage to you or major injuries in Kaukauna. I know two people who were in the path and they are still in shock.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Brad Navin had 6 points in 3 games for Team Wisconsin in the senior tournament in his first games back from that knee injury. Sounds like he's playing well.

Leave a comment:

• badgerhawk
    replied

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
    Parents are UW grads and he grew up rooting for the Badgers. Good to see that.

Badgerhawk: Did you suffer any house damage from the Kaukauna tornado?
    No damage to my house but it was too close for comfort. My house is just to the right of the red dot labeled "ME"

http://s57.***********.com/albums/g2...rrent=path.jpg

Leave a comment:

• NEWI Badger Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
    http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/...cc4c03286.html

72nd on the newest Redline Report. Does he happen to be a left handed defensemen? Sure could use one for the power play if they even have room for this season.
    Parents are UW grads and he grew up rooting for the Badgers. Good to see that.

Badgerhawk: Did you suffer any house damage from the Kaukauna tornado?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post

72nd on the newest Redline Report. Does he happen to be a left handed defensemen? Sure could use one for the power play if they even have room for this season.
    I didn't even look to see if Baggot had an update today, good find. I guess it's no secret who I was alluding to last week.

Leave a comment:

• Badgers1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Burnsville (HS) d-man Eddie Wittchow will visit Minnesota, Wisconsin, and CC in May... per @FollowThePuck

6'3, 189 lbs. Not ranked by Central Scouting at the mid-terms but is now at #111.

Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 04-12-2011, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    I wish I knew. All I heard was that they were still actively recruiting for the upcoming year.
    You forgot the I understand you don't want to betray your sources.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    that VERY interesting. there must be a blue-chip we've overlooked? someone also like a Labate?
    I wish I knew. All I heard was that they were still actively recruiting for the upcoming year.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Nothing concrete but I've heard we might not be done recruiting for this year.
    that VERY interesting. there must be a blue-chip we've overlooked? someone also like a Labate?

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Stud forward? Goalie?

Leave a comment:

• UWisco
    replied

What player is this news coming from.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X