Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• badgerhawk
    replied
    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    I'd once again like to make the modest proposal that we do away with the recruiting thread and merge all the recruiting information into this one thread. It seems that we seem to have a number of parallel conversations and it would just be easier to have one thread to check for badger information.
    It seems like this topic has been brought up in another thread.

Leave a comment:

• Almington
    replied
    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

I'd once again like to make the modest proposal that we do away with the recruiting thread and merge all the recruiting information into this one thread. It seems that we seem to have a number of parallel conversations and it would just be easier to have one thread to check for badger information.

Leave a comment:

• badgerhawk
    replied

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
    I screwed that up! I was thinking "in recent memory" but that apparently did not make it's way from my mind to my fingers and into the article!

I'm sure there were lots of players before Juniors became so prevalent, but not sure if there have been any recently. The only Wisconsin player I could think of that has made the jump directly to D1 recently was Ted Behrend who is at Colorado College (without looking, I think he'll be a Senior next year...). He's from the Madison area.

Perhaps I should edit that part of my article!!!
    We forgive you.

Leave a comment:

• DPlaya
    replied

I screwed that up! I was thinking "in recent memory" but that apparently did not make it's way from my mind to my fingers and into the article!

I'm sure there were lots of players before Juniors became so prevalent, but not sure if there have been any recently. The only Wisconsin player I could think of that has made the jump directly to D1 recently was Ted Behrend who is at Colorado College (without looking, I think he'll be a Senior next year...). He's from the Madison area.

Perhaps I should edit that part of my article!!!

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
    The University of Wisconsin currently has three players who made the jump directly from high school hockey in Minnesota, but none at this time that have come directly from Wisconsin high school hockey without playing Junior hockey (and none that come to mind that have done it previously).

Um, Mark Johnson comes to mind.
    John Byce, Dennis Snedden?

Leave a comment:

• badgerhawk
    replied

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
    Brad Navin will skip Junior hockey and be a Badger next season. http://www.wissports.net/article.asp...1531&sportID=5
    The University of Wisconsin currently has three players who made the jump directly from high school hockey in Minnesota, but none at this time that have come directly from Wisconsin high school hockey without playing Junior hockey (and none that come to mind that have done it previously).

Um, Mark Johnson comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• DPlaya
    replied

Brad Navin will skip Junior hockey and be a Badger next season. http://www.wissports.net/article.asp...1531&sportID=5

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Joseph LaBate has been invited to the NHL Draft combine in Toronto.

Leave a comment:

• badgerhawk
    replied

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    The best part of RinkPig rolled down his mother's leg.
    There was no best part,it was all bad.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Wittchow...what yr of HS is he in now and what's his projected class for UW?
    Wittchow is a senior at Burnsville right now and his whole family cheers for the Badgers but he does have family in Colorado Springs. He lists us, Minnesota, and CC but it's going to come down to us and CC for his services with us having a huge edge.
    Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 05-03-2011, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MadCityRich
    replied

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
    Too bad your mother didn't practice this. Oh wait, I think she tried and it failed.
    The best part of RinkPig rolled down his mother's leg.

Leave a comment:

• badgerhawk
    replied

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
    Grow up huh...this coming from the same guy who post the same 5 images dubed a "Minnesota Sucks week" year after year....You are about as objective when it comes to college hockey as Obama is on the abortion issue.

Sconi sucks and Chuck swallows Eaves load...Go Gophers!
    Too bad your mother didn't practice this. Oh wait, I think she tried and it failed.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    He should have been fired. His real name isn't even Chuck!
    Seriously? The next thing you are going to tell us is his last name isn't Schwartz?

May the Schwartz be with us.

I agree with Pucky Bucky...I just want as much info as possible, I'll frequent whatever sites/sources do that.

Wittchow...what yr of HS is he in now and what's his projected class for UW?

Leave a comment:

• Pucky Bucky
    replied

Not that I really have a whole lot of say around here being relativly new, but how can we really bad mouth any one on here or on 60 Minutes. These guys are going out of their way to gather information about Badger hockey for people to read. They're taking a lot of things that would take majority of us a while to find and putting it in one place. I know with Chuck leaving we might have to look a couple place to find all the information we want but it's one more mouse click. I for one will still be checking 60 Minutes every day (10-20 times a day during the school year) and Chuck's twitter. Moral of the story is we still want to know as much about badger hockey as possible. Thanks guys for all your hard work.

RP- Jesus how much time to do you to troll other team's threads, take the trash out and wash your hands, Mom says dinner is almost on the table.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Burnsville, MN defenseman Eddie Wittchow who the Badgers are on hard right now will be visiting next Friday and Saturday (May 6-7.) This kids stock is rising rapidly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X