Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the problem!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

On the women's side they looked decent but the whole losing to Minnesota consistently is getting very old.

****ty weekend of hockey imo
    They just swept the rodents a few months ago, it's not all doom and gloom. And getting Kessel back is almost like cheating.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      They just swept the rodents a few months ago, it's not all doom and gloom. And getting Kessel back is almost like cheating.
      True but overall Minnesota has had the edge the last few years and especially in playoff games.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        ...We deserve better than that. MUCH better...
        Deserve? DESERVE?!?
        What exactly have any of us done to "deserve" anything from this team, this coach, this administration?
        We can expect, we can want, we can anticipate, we can hope, we can desire...
        But deserve, we don't deserve anything

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
          Deserve? DESERVE?!?
          What exactly have any of us done to "deserve" anything from this team, this coach, this administration?
          Bua ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Get serious. My family donates a TON to the Badger Fund.

So **** yes we deserve better, and right gd now.

Edit: yeah that was emotional but hey, times are tough, you want us to continue donating then you better start fielding a winning product with the quickness
          Last edited by solovsfett; 02-21-2016, 04:29 PM.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
            Deserve? DESERVE?!?
            Are you serious?? The fans that shell out money deserve better. The fans that still give a **** about this team despite these terrible seasons deserve better.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
              Deserve? DESERVE?!?

Stockholm Syndrome?

The history and legacy of this program deserves better.

And yes... the fans deserve better.

Even you - whether you want it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Edit: yeah that was emotional but hey, times are tough, you want us to continue donating then you better start fielding a winning product with the quickness
                As a non-donor living not-close-to-Madison, my stake in this is considerably lower. But I still think I can speak on all of our behalves when I say that even if we can't get "winning", if we could at least get "worth watching"...
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

March 5th, 2016 - should be the last home game of the Eaves Era. I can't make it that night - but I hope someone takes a picture so we can hopefully happily look back on that night a few years from now as the bottoming out of the program.

Had a get together with some old college buddies this weekend. Not really hockey guys, but UW athletic fans. They agreed that even as extremely passive UW hockey fans; they are aghast at how bad the program has become and that Alvarez needs to do something. One of them also added - "from what i have heard, he doesn't even care about hockey". He said it completely innocently and not trying to raise my ire, and he said it like it was common knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuB View Post
                    One of them also added - "from what i have heard, he doesn't even care about hockey". He said it completely innocently and not trying to raise my ire, and he said it like it was common knowledge.
                    To be fair, a lot of us would say it the exact same way.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      To be fair, a lot of us would say it the exact same way.
                      You speak the truth.

While the countdown clock is under 25 days, I truly believe that there will not be a change in staff at this point. I don't have any sources that would lead me to believe that this will be the case, but I just don't see anything that could push Barry/JK into making any sorts of changes.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        You speak the truth.

While the countdown clock is under 25 days, I truly believe that there will not be a change in staff at this point. I don't have any sources that would lead me to believe that this will be the case, but I just don't see anything that could push Barry/JK into making any sorts of changes.
                        Barry does not care about hockey as a sport, but he does care about 1.) money and 2.) reputation.

While the revenue from hockey isn't going to make or break the Athletic department budget, at some point the loss in revenue from keeping Eaves is going to be greater than the cost of buying him out.

A pair of single digit win seasons, the two worst in program history, does not project well on the Athletic department as a whole because people are taking notice. If Eaves stays on after this season, people outside the hockey circles are going to start questioning if Barry is fit to run a diversified athletic department as opposed to just a football and men's basketball programs during good times?

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                          If Eaves stays on after this season, people outside the hockey circles are going to start questioning if Barry is fit to run a diversified athletic department as opposed to just a football and men's basketball programs during good times?
                          Then a greater question could be, would you tolerate another year of Eaves to point out how much Alvarez is hurting UW athletics overall.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            Then a greater question could be, would you tolerate another year of Eaves to point out how much Alvarez is hurting UW athletics overall.
                            No, every year is doing so much damage to this program that even if Barry and Eaves were to go after next year, it would take at least a decade to rebuild the fanbase, likely more.

While I'm not convinced that the Barry Clown Show is able to make the best hire, I'm not sure that the new staff could have on-ice results any worse then these last two years.

Comment

WI is starting (if not there right now) to be the 2000s MTU. Not kidding. It actually saddens me, as it's difficult to even be riled up about the upcoming series. At least, compared to years past. If the WI program continues down this path, they might become completely irrelevant, even in a "rival" series with MN.

Not trolling, not one bit. This was my 2nd fave series to look forward to (UND being #1) for the season. No more.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Used to be my favorite team to follow. Replacing them with the Wild and Packers has been a no brainier.

Comment

Working...
                                X