Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the problem!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Fun game tonight and the Badgers deserved a better fate.

Outchanced Michigan by a decent amount, but a couple of breakdowns cost us.

Decent crowd by current pathetic standards.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      And besides, if football makes money it's not a zero sum game, we are two very different crowds generally speaking.

The ovation at the KC tonight when the hoops victory was announced would like a word...

I know far more people that follow all 3 major teams than just follow any one.

Comment

Omfg. my rage could fuel a musk rocket to the god**** beginning of time. I'm calling the ad and I'm calling the badger fund and I'm calling as many numbers as i can for the board of regents. This dismissive bulldhit behavior absolutely cannot stand.

I can't ****ing believe that for the 2nd time (at least) Alvarez tells us via a news reporter that he doesn't give a good goddman flying **** about hockey.

And just what does he expect the kids to feel? The kids on the team who read his horse **** quote? Or read that quote he made memorialized over and over in this thread?

**** him. **** him and the arrogance he rode in on. I don't care about football. In fact I know hope hhey go in a tailspin and re-enter the hilles/Morton years. They deserve it for all the ****s Alvarez does not give toward any other sport

EDIT: left some vm's. Unfortunately alvarez's number bounces you to a general msg with no allowance to leave a vm.

For those who want to call and find a board of regents contact, in case they're not up on the site: badger fund 608-262-1000

They should know. I'm calling Monday morning

Sweet melt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
          And it's probably going to pay off as Gard is clearly earning his opportunity to become permanent coach after this year.
          I hope so but BA will probably keep MM and replace Gard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
            Football and basketball pay the bills.
            If the hockey program was healthy, that would be a lot less bills FB and BB would have to pick up.
            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              The ovation at the KC tonight when the hoops victory was announced would like a word...

I know far more people that follow all 3 major teams than just follow any one.
              We would cheer if we saw rowing or wrestling or golf won, that's not what I'm getting at. What I mean is there is far less crossover where football season ticket holders go to hockey games and vice versa. Generally they are two distinct groups. That's partly why eat ****/FU is a football thing and not a hockey thing.

Also outside of this board and perhaps amongst ex-players you don't hear anyone chastising Barry and he most definitely deserves dismissal at this point. You can't have the head of the athletic department publicly flaunt his disdain or if not disdain his apathy towards one of the sports programs under his watch

Pat Richter by comparison was god
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Fun game tonight and the Badgers deserved a better fate.

Outchanced Michigan by a decent amount, but a couple of breakdowns cost us.

Decent crowd by current pathetic standards.
                Most entertaining game of the year that I have seen live, but in the end the breakdowns cost us the win.

Light show was kind of cool.

Wittchow will probably get suspended again for elbow to the head.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

EDIT: left some vm's. Unfortunately alvarez's number bounces you to a general msg with no allowance to leave a vm.

For those who want to call and find a board of regents contact, in case they're not up on the site: badger fund 608-262-1000

They should know. I'm calling Monday morning
                  Appreciate & agree with the anger. But, as I've said before, calls to Alvarez and King are a waste of time/effort. We know that Barry doesn't care, and isn't going to, and King basically reports to him. Anger/calls need to be directed to his superiors. Admittedly, I'm not 100% sure who to direct those complaints to (couldn't find exact org structure online), so - the board of regents/president is the way to go. Barry's superiors have to make him care (unlikely) or force a "retirement".

Barry's performance as AD, as reflected by the performance of all sports and what those sports have previously done, is not good. He's living off the success of Ryan/Basketball and Women's Hockey (both set up/coaches hired before he was AD). What's been good/better than "normal'? Maybe women's volleyball; but, I'd argue even that is only as good as it was at its peak under coach Waite, and I have doubts the program can remain top level after Carlini (a Waite recruit) graduates.

Barry may luck into being forced to retain Gard against his will. The powers that be really need to take a look and force Barry out before he brings the entire athletic department down/we end up being like Rutgers/finishing in the bottom half of the Big 10 in all sports.

Comment

We would cheer if we saw rowing or wrestling or golf won,
                    Have you noticed there's a lot less of that winning going on for rowing/wrestling/golf/other sports in the Alvarez AD era?

Comment

Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                      Have you noticed there's a lot less of that winning going on for rowing/wrestling/golf/other sports in the Alvarez AD era?
                      Yes, I've noticed that but less than I normally would as I'm reading the papers less and less (State Journal).

I've fallen into a malaise with regard to Wisconsin athletics save for the hockey teams and Alvarez has done his level best (along with Eaves) to kill my interest in hockey entirely.

this will be my second consecutive year of not going to games.

And I agree with your previous post. At this point we need to let the President and Board of Regents know the hockey fanbase (and hopefully the fanbases for golf, rowing etc) is apoplectic
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

We would cheer if we saw rowing or wrestling or golf won, that's not what I'm getting at.
                        Except that the women's game score was announced and received a nice cheer. The hoops result followed and got a HUGE cheer.

The days of an underground exclusive hockey crowd are long gone.

Most hockey fans like football and basketball. This board is not an accurate representative cross section of Badger hockey fans.

Of course it's true that many hoops and football fans don't follow hockey, but that's true of the entire US population.

I like you and we agree on a lot, but I find the hoping that our other programs falter to be a bad look for you.

Myself? I like the big 3 programs about the same. They're all Badgers to me even if hockey is my personal favorite sport.
                        Last edited by Gurtholfin; 02-14-2016, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Except that the women's game score was announced and received a nice cheer. The hoops result followed and got a HUGE cheer.

The days of an underground exclusive hockey crowd are long gone.

Most hockey fans like a football and basketball. This board is not an accurate representative cross section of Badger hockey fans.

Of course it's true that many hoops and football fans don't follow hockey, but that's true of the entire US population.

I like you and we agree on a lot, but I find the hoping that our other programs falter to be a bad look for you.

Myself? I like the big 3 programs about the same. They're all Badgers to me even if hockey is my personal favorite sport.
                          MOST college hockey fans also like the football and basketball, but the reverse is not true. Personally, I don't really care about MN football that much, and have zero interest in the bouncyball program.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            MOST college hockey fans also like the football and basketball, but the reverse is not true. Personally, I don't really care about MN football that much, and have zero interest in the bouncyball program.

My point is that you cannot project the posters on a board like this onto the fans as a whole and I'd have to guess that the typical Badger fan is more interested in their school's football and basketball programs due to the last 20 years of successes than the typical Gopher fan.

And yes, as I stated, a lot of football/baseball/hoops fans have very little interest in hockey. That is true in most of the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              My point is that you cannot project the posters on a board like this onto the fans as a whole and I'd have to guess that the typical Badger fan is more interested in their school's football and basketball programs due to the last 20 years of successes than the typical Gopher fan.

And yes, as I stated, a lot of football/baseball/hoops fans have very little interest in hockey. That is true in most of the country.

Average UW fans think BA is doing a good job.

Comment

This board is mainly made up of the die-hards, and I agree it is not representational of the average college hockey fan.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X