X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan: 12/11 & 12/12

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    That went exactly how I expected it to.

Two combined goals into the game not even a minute into it said it all.

I expected Nagelvoort to get pulled for El Gato but that would've required a complete defensive meltdown as opposed to a partial one.
    I didn't expect ole' defense from the Gophs. Looked like us sort of, at least one half of the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      they are a freight train going from one zone to the other.
      Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      So how many more than 12 goals did we need to score to be considered good?
      Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      20 or 30 before I'm convinced. I'm a hard sell.
      Only 12 tonight and I'm sold! Seems doable.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Brutal.
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Well that was a lot of ugh and a little bit of yeah.

And Downing is still a dirtbag.

Comment

I'm just gonna set this right here.

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            I'm expecting a split this weekend. Our 1st-string goalie will still be out this coming weekend. Our 2nd-string goalie was pulled 10 minutes into the 2nd period Saturday night. Our 3rd-string goalie, all 5'10" of him played the remaining 30 minutes of regulation, 5 minutes of OT and the shoot-out. BTW, he's a Freshman (a 21 year-old Freshman).

The pattern of the team defense being a weakness is still very prevalent. Countless turnovers in our own zone were made, it's scary. Very, very scary. But hey, we can score....

Of course I want to sweep you out of the building this weekend. However, that isn't going to happen.
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Minnesota changed enough of their game to really bottle things up- and did that really well. Instead of Michigan's forwards circling around the slot, that area- all the way out to the face off dots- was tighter than constipation.

Which meant they only needed the same offensive output as Friday to win. Heck of a job.

And that's the critical part of our game- when offense isn't there, the D can't really do much more than it already does.

BTW, dumb question that almost anyone may be able to answer... We got to the rink super early Friday- and saw the Minnesota players doing an off ice stretch (we were BS'ing with ushers in the area). At the end of the stretch, the players basically patted each other down- similar to how we see bad guys get patted down in movies. Anyone know what they are doing? I guess they could be checking for muscles popping out- but I'd think that the player would know that without much effort.

Last thing- I said it last year- watching these two teams play each other is fun.

Comment

What is it with Minn and Mich players and their penchant for elbows to the head and launching into checks? Seriously, it's like I can't watch a game involving either team without a guy getting 5 and a game for a hit to the head. It's almost like someone's been teaching them to play like this...

...nah, can't be.
                CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                  What is it with Minn and Mich players and their penchant for elbows to the head and launching into checks? Seriously, it's like I can't watch a game involving either team without a guy getting 5 and a game for a hit to the head. It's almost like someone's been teaching them to play like this...

...nah, can't be.
                  Well, considering it's mostly been just one player on each team, they're not doing very well at instruction.

Comment

...nah, can't be.
                    It happened...twice? Based on your statistics, how many times in the last five years has this occurred for these teams?
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      And Downing is still a dirtbag.
                      Cry about it.
                      ---
                      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                      19 Conference Championships
                      10 Conference Tournament Championships
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        Well, considering it's mostly been just one player on each team, they're not doing very well at instruction.
                        Just one a game?- yea, that sounds about right.

For sure- at that rate, they are pretty slow learners.

Comment

...nah, can't be.
                          With tArrogance with these teams, the coaches figure they need to teach their players to take 5 minute majors to keep the games close.

Comment

Working...
                          X