Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 12/4 & 12/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 12/4 & 12/5

With Big Ten play starting tonight, hopefully the guys can put the NC games behind them and begin to elevate their game. I just read the Gophers are 28-8-6 for a .775 winning percentage in 40 Big Ten regular-season games and at home 17-1-2 in the conference. I would think their only chance at the NCAA tourney is another Big Ten championship. They have a lot to prove this weekend.

Comment

They really need to shore up that D.

They have scored 4 goals in 5 of the last 8 games and have averaged 3.3 goals a game during that 8 game period. PP is also at 21%.

Fix the D and a bit of loose goaltending and they start winning games.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        They really need to shore up that D.

They have scored 4 goals in 5 of the last 8 games and have averaged 3.3 goals a game during that 8 game period. PP is also at 21%.

Fix the D and a bit of loose goaltending and they start winning games.
        You're spot on here, they're not far away from turning their season around.

Comment

I'll be the one optimist. Gophers sweep this weekend. Then we get blown to smithereens next week in Ann Arbor.

Frankly our team is just not that good. We'll muddle along somewhere below .500 until we get axed in the B1G tourney.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            I'll be the one optimist. Gophers sweep this weekend. Then we get blown to smithereens next week in Ann Arbor.

Frankly our team is just not that good. We'll muddle along somewhere below .500 until we get axed in the B1G tourney.
            Wow, I can only imagine what you'd type if you were a pessimist!
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Mentioned it on GPL earlier this week.

MN sweeps, or I temporarily suspend my tArrogance card.

Yep, that serious.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Wow, I can only imagine what you'd type if you were a pessimist!
                I just have a flair for words.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Fans are currently outnumbered by the players at Emptyucci Arena.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Mentioned it on GPL earlier this week.

MN sweeps, or I temporarily suspend my tArrogance card.

Yep, that serious.
                    Suspended.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Suspended.
                      It worked.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        It worked.
                        Limbo.

Very much limbo.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I said last week this wasn't a comeback team and they proved me wrong tonight. Nice 3-2 win in OT. They got better as the game went on against a feisty Buckeye team that hit the ice storming Schierhorn from the puck drop. Mistakes were made by the Gophers, but great comeback win.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                            I said last week this wasn't a comeback team and they proved me wrong tonight. Nice 3-2 win in OT. They got better as the game went on against a feisty Buckeye team that hit the ice storming Schierhorn from the puck drop. Mistakes were made by the Gophers, but great comeback win.
                            We could sure use a few more goal scorers. Even though the Gophers managed to get three, we were having a very hard time putting some real quality chances into the back of the net. Great to see Fasching get that game winner...actually it would have been great to see anyone get that game winner.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                We could sure use a few more goal scorers. Even though the Gophers managed to get three, we were having a very hard time putting some real quality chances into the back of the net. Great to see Fasching get that game winner...actually it would have been great to see anyone get that game winner.
                                Yeah, it got a little desperate for a couple periods. Given they had only won 2 out of 7 home games this season, if they had lost that game I imagine the wave of criticism may have been pretty harsh. I'm not sure on the line change though with Bristedt up with Kloos. I would have moved Cammy up and left the second line intact the way it was. Then it looked like Bristedt went back on the second line later in the game. Novak, Gates and Sheehy seem to be elevating their game now. Lettieri seems lost out there at times and I'd like to see him work his way towards the net more.

Fasching is a good character guy, and I was also glad to see he got rewarded for his effort last night. Nice outlet pass by Novak too:

How about that crash by Schierhorn on the breakaway! Bold move by the freshman:

Last edited by SteveO; 12-05-2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X