Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 12/4 & 12/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 12/4 & 12/5

Gophers are busting out the gold jerseys tonight, sweep time!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
      GODDAMMIT! You jinxed it. You used the s-word.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

sioux?

Comment

sioux?
          The word associated with brooms and the Battle Hymn.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good call, but didn't expect it to be OT cliffhanger. Collins has made numerous mistakes this season on D coverage, but taking the 5 min. CFB penalty with 5 min. left in the 3rd was ridiculous. Good win for the Gophers to carry some momentum into Yost. They're gonna need it.

Comment

Well, at least the end results were good....

Some positives on the weekend were the resiliency they showed, and also seeing some freshmen step up and some team leaders look like leaders. But having to go to overtime both nights is not exactly confidence inspiring. I'm of the opinion that this team is better than a lot of Gopher fans are giving them credit for (which isn't to say they are a FF caliber team), but the way both these games came down to the wire wasn't exactly what I was looking for on the weekend. This team has seemed to get better every week except for this one, so I'm not going to read too much into it, but they are going to have to play at least 1 very good and very complete to get out of Yost with a split...likely they will need to play 2 very good and very complete games to get out with a split.

I'm ready to see Collins take a seat for a game. The major penalty and misconduct isn't the reason, but it is the final straw for me. He has made a lot of bad plays both in his defending and in his decisions with the puck. If he were adding something on the offensive side I could tolerate it, but right now he looks like a stay-at-home defenseman who isn't really that comfortable at home. That's not good. Let's see some more of Sadek and give him an opportunity to make some plays with the puck. That's something this team could really use, anyway.

I'm also ready to see C. Reilly moved off that line. Yeah, he had a couple assists tonight, but they weren't anything more than routine passes that the recipient then did all the heavy lifting on. I've been saying for the past 2 years that he has a great shot, but if he ain't shootin' he ain't doing anything...except for making mistakes in the defensive zone. I still can't figure out what the ****** he was doing on that first OSU goal. Just continued to sag back until the OSU player was primed to shoot and Schierhorn had nothing but a big maroon butt in his face.

Comment

Say what you want about the poor attendance, the B1G being a lousy conference, the loss of traditional rivalries, etc. but that was one entertaining hockey game. So many ups and downs; so many almost sure goals that somehow didn't go in.

I have to give credit to the Buckeyes who gave it everything they had. When you consider that 11 of their 12 forwards and all 6 of their defensemen in their lineup tonight are undrafted, it's pretty amazing how well they played in both games.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Say what you want about the poor attendance, the B1G being a lousy conference, the loss of traditional rivalries, etc. but that was one entertaining hockey game. So many ups and downs; so many almost sure goals that somehow didn't go in.

I have to give credit to the Buckeyes who gave it everything they had. When you consider that 11 of their 12 forwards and all 6 of their defensemen in their lineup tonight are undrafted, it's pretty amazing how well they played in both games.
                  Yeah, I thought OSU skated hard and made plays and guys like Greco, Weis, Dalrymple, Healey and Schilkey are all quality athletes. I thought OSU looked good all weekend. Rohlik may lose some sleep over 3-11 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    ...likely they will need to play 2 very good and very complete games to get out with a split.
                    I think they can manage to lose one even if by playing really poorly in one game. (I know what you meant.)

Could be a very entertaining next series if MN can be on top of their game. No question who the scoring favors, but UMi D sounds awful. And I am coming around to your view that this Gopher team is a decent team. Guys like Novak and Sheehy are looking comfortable and making plays to contribute points and upperclassmen seem to be more consistent than early in the season. And overall, the team seems to play with a strong effort for longer parts of the game. They area little like the Wild. Can be pretty good when firing on all cylinders but need balanced scoring as they don't have That Guy(s) who can take over a play and score when the team is lagging (OK, Parise is sort of that guy, but not quite a Kane, Benn, Ovechkin, Terasenko, etc.. ) Not much margin for error in team performance. (If only the Gophs also had as strong and deep of a D corp as the Wild....)

Comment

Working...
                    X