• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gomavs#1
    replied
    Re: UNO @ SCSU: Unleash the Murray! Dec 4 and 5

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post

All this talk about goalies is amusing. Neither game was decided by who was in the net.
    Don't tell a certain someone that.....

Leave a comment:

• gomavs#1
    replied

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
    You're right, without Thompson's 3 or 4 grade A's and the 4 pipes it could have been 10-1.
    You mean, "if Weninger had been in net, it probably would have been 1-0 UNO on Friday night." If you SCSU fans can't laugh at that, you're just having a bad day.

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

With SCSU's first one not called off it could have been a completely different game.
    I said that to the Huskies' fans around me when SCSU pulled Charlie. The wave off was a huge turning point in the game.

Leave a comment:

• hockeykrazy
    replied

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
    Saturday night's game was never in doubt, but Lindgren was at least part of the reason for the win on Friday
    You're right, without Thompson's 3 or 4 grade A's and the 4 pipes it could have been 10-1. With the talent in this league, SCSU putting up 11 on WMich, SCSU putting up 6 on UND, SCSU putting up 7 on the Gophers, WMich putting up 6 on UNO, UNO putting up 7 on SCSU, UND five on Denver, I wouldn't be surprised by anything this year.
    With SCSU's first one not called off it could have been a completely different game. Cooper clearly hipchecks Russell into the goalie.
    Last edited by hockeykrazy; 12-07-2015, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
    All this talk about goalies is amusing. Neither game was decided by who was in the net.
    Saturday night's game was never in doubt, but Lindgren was at least part of the reason for the win on Friday

Leave a comment:

• Husckey Domi Nation
    replied

What the hell was the deal with giving the Ugly Sweater prize to the guy wearing a Packers sweatshirt? Embarrassing that a contest is created and the prize goes to a person who didn't even wear a sweater.
    Because he'll actually wear it most of the year.

Saturday night was one of those games that St. Cloud was supposed to lose. It seemed as if nothing went right for them, and part of that was due to the play of Omaha rising up to the challenge of not having their top scorer on the ice. I kept looking for Ortega's number on their bench during the first couple periods but couldn't find him.

It was just a tough game overall for the Husckeys. Had my wife Toss her Teddy Bear on the ice. Left the game early in the third period and Tossed my Cookies in the parking lot.

At least some child is going to have a better Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• RL3AO
    replied

I was wondering after watching Charlie on Saturday if he may not have lingering effects from the hit he took Friday night? Has anyone heard anything? He did a great job manning the door for the third period though
    Maybe. He played quite well after the collision, but maybe there were some delayed effects. I remember seeing him leaning back against the crossbar a few minutes afterwards when the puck was at the other end. Had no idea if that was a normal thing for him of if he was struggling a bit.

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

I was wondering after watching Charlie on Saturday if he may not have lingering effects from the hit he took Friday night? Has anyone heard anything? He did a great job manning the door for the third period though

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

What the hell was the deal with giving the Ugly Sweater prize to the guy wearing a Packers sweatshirt? Embarrassing that a contest is created and the prize goes to a person who didn't even wear a sweater.

Leave a comment:

• hockeykrazy
    replied

SB Nation College Hockey- Chris Dilks notes on Saturday's game...
    "Two goals allowed on 33 shots and another win for Evan Weninger. Again, I can see the question being asked why Weninger did not start on Friday, but I get it. Take away the names and numbers and ask me who played better this weekend and I might pick Thompson. Weninger was bailed out of a soft goal on the disallowed goal and caught a lucky break from the goal post. Otherwise, he made maybe one or two Grade-A saves compared to three or four from Thompson last night, and Weninger's glove hand looks like a bit of a liability. In all, I can understand the argument for sheltering Weninger's minutes a bit and keeping Thompson active in the rotation."

Leave a comment:

• gomavs#1
    replied

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    I see what you did there
    It was well played, well played. Particularly the bit about Weninger giving up two goals and Lindgren being able to make the power play save. That was good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied
    I wore my ugly rally sweater but I think it is defective. We looked pretty good the last two minutes passing and not shooting, we have it down pat now.
    I think we had them on the ropes. I am not sure why Blais didn't pull Weninger BTW I CAN NOT BELIEVE he gave up two goals tonight. Both were pretty soft too.
    He could have easily pulled him with 2 minutes left and safely won.

Oh well, we'll get them next time. At least I got 4 free tickets to the CC game. Weninger is a god in my book. The team that blocked everything down the middle and kept everything to the perimeter needs to know they don't know how to play on Olympic ice. Just give it up.

PS I thought for sure I would see 5 paragraphs about how Thompson lost the game last night. He does need to work on his shot.
    I'll be surprised if Blais is still coach this spring.

Maybe he'll give us a couple tips on PK before he retires. Especially on the last one where all four of our players left the middle and parted the Red Sea for the Omaha player flying down the slot. If it was Lindgren instead of Reijola it would have been an easy save.
    I see what you did there

Leave a comment:

• RL3AO
    replied

Well it was a split which was pretty much expected. Two one sided games was a little odd. Hopefully both teams can get healthy by the time conference play starts up again. The good thing for St. Cloud is they get WMU and CC in January so it gives them some extra time before the games against UMD, UNO, DU, etc...

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
    It is wayyyy too early for that. We don't even know the extent of Guentzel's injury let alone how Weninger will play during conference play. There are a boatload of good teams yet to play.
    It's not a serious injury for Guentzel and the timing is excellent, with bye, ASU, holiday break coming up. It won't be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• gomavs#1
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    That's UNO's first ever win in St. Cloud.
    Certainly feels like it. SCSU has our number...I wasn't comfortable last night until there was a five goal lead, but even then. And of course we see you guys in late February - perfect timing to ruin our shot at the conference tourney again. Not looking forward to that series.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X