UNO @ SCSU: Unleash the Murray! Dec 4 and 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO @ SCSU: Unleash the Murray! Dec 4 and 5

What the hell was the deal with giving the Ugly Sweater prize to the guy wearing a Packers sweatshirt? Embarrassing that a contest is created and the prize goes to a person who didn't even wear a sweater.
    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

I was wondering after watching Charlie on Saturday if he may not have lingering effects from the hit he took Friday night? Has anyone heard anything? He did a great job manning the door for the third period though

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
        I was wondering after watching Charlie on Saturday if he may not have lingering effects from the hit he took Friday night? Has anyone heard anything? He did a great job manning the door for the third period though
        Maybe. He played quite well after the collision, but maybe there were some delayed effects. I remember seeing him leaning back against the crossbar a few minutes afterwards when the puck was at the other end. Had no idea if that was a normal thing for him of if he was struggling a bit.

Comment

What the hell was the deal with giving the Ugly Sweater prize to the guy wearing a Packers sweatshirt? Embarrassing that a contest is created and the prize goes to a person who didn't even wear a sweater.
          Because he'll actually wear it most of the year.

All this talk about goalies is amusing. Neither game was decided by who was in the net.

Saturday night was one of those games that St. Cloud was supposed to lose. It seemed as if nothing went right for them, and part of that was due to the play of Omaha rising up to the challenge of not having their top scorer on the ice. I kept looking for Ortega's number on their bench during the first couple periods but couldn't find him.

It was just a tough game overall for the Husckeys. Had my wife Toss her Teddy Bear on the ice. Left the game early in the third period and Tossed my Cookies in the parking lot.

At least some child is going to have a better Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
            All this talk about goalies is amusing. Neither game was decided by who was in the net.
            Saturday night's game was never in doubt, but Lindgren was at least part of the reason for the win on Friday

Comment

Saturday night's game was never in doubt, but Lindgren was at least part of the reason for the win on Friday
              You're right, without Thompson's 3 or 4 grade A's and the 4 pipes it could have been 10-1. With the talent in this league, SCSU putting up 11 on WMich, SCSU putting up 6 on UND, SCSU putting up 7 on the Gophers, WMich putting up 6 on UNO, UNO putting up 7 on SCSU, UND five on Denver, I wouldn't be surprised by anything this year.
              With SCSU's first one not called off it could have been a completely different game. Cooper clearly hipchecks Russell into the goalie.
              Last edited by hockeykrazy; 12-07-2015, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                With SCSU's first one not called off it could have been a completely different game.
                I said that to the Huskies' fans around me when SCSU pulled Charlie. The wave off was a huge turning point in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                  You're right, without Thompson's 3 or 4 grade A's and the 4 pipes it could have been 10-1.
                  You mean, "if Weninger had been in net, it probably would have been 1-0 UNO on Friday night." If you SCSU fans can't laugh at that, you're just having a bad day.
                  If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post

Don't tell a certain someone that.....
                    If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Working...
                    X