Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO @ SCSU: Unleash the Murray! Dec 4 and 5

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    That's UNO's first ever win in St. Cloud.
    As a member of the NCHC, they won two games at the concrete center while in the WCHA
    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

No, it's not.

UNO 3, SCSU 0 on 11-12-10.

UNO 6, SCSU 5 on 12-7-12.

There was also a 4-4 tie on 11-13-10.

Comment

A tie is not a win in college hockey. Just sayin' He was probably referring to the NCHC.

Looked like we really missed Judd down the middle, Storm just isn't up to that level yet. Papa and Kuster should also add more depth and speed.

Tedesco Jackson and Newell had really good weekends. Charlie did ok, was screened on the one just inside the pipe but the last juicy rebound was the dagger.
        Last edited by hockeykrazy; 12-05-2015, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
          A tie is not a win in college hockey. Just sayin' He was probably referring to the NCHC.
          I didn't say it was a win. I was just reiterating the "point getting" games by UNO at the National Hockey Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
            I didn't say it was a win. I was just reiterating the "point getting" games by UNO at the National Hockey Center.
            A tie from 5 years ago is pretty important to remember. I'll never forget.

Comment

This was a monstrous series for UNO despite throwing away the game last night by playing Thompson in goal.

UNO now 3rd in Pairwise. They will be in that ballpark on 1-1-16, too.

UNO now sweeps ASU weekend after next at home (If Weninger starts both games they don't even score against us except but I think Deano is going to try and get Blankenburg some ice time) and wins it's exhibition game (at home) on January 2nd and awaits DU the weekend after that at Baxter Arena. Life in the Pairiwise realm is good, right now. Hard to see a scenario where we don't make the NCAA tourney at this point. Laugh if you want, but, I see it as pretty much a done deal, now, barring an utter and complete collapse. Splitsville the rest of the way, and, we're in, in all likelihood.
              Last edited by Red Cows; 12-05-2015, 10:56 PM.

Comment

PS I thought for sure I would see 5 paragraphs about how Thompson lost the game last night. He does need to work on his shot.
                I'll be surprised if Blais is still coach this spring.
                Wait for it....
                If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  Hard to see a scenario where we don't make the NCAA tourney at this point. Laugh if you want, but, I see it as pretty much a done deal, now, barring an utter and complete collapse. Splitsville the rest of the way, and, we're in, in all likelihood.
                  It is wayyyy too early for that. We don't even know the extent of Guentzel's injury let alone how Weninger will play during conference play. There are a boatload of good teams yet to play.

Comment

Tedesco Jackson and Newell had really good weekends. Charlie did ok, was screened on the one just inside the pipe but the last juicy rebound was the dagger.
                    I know it made it 4-1, but I was surprised he was pulled that early. Maybe Motzko was looking out for his confidence? Is there any word on Peterson's injury or when he is expected to return?

Comment

Certainly feels like it. SCSU has our number...I wasn't comfortable last night until there was a five goal lead, but even then. And of course we see you guys in late February - perfect timing to ruin our shot at the conference tourney again. Not looking forward to that series.

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                        It is wayyyy too early for that. We don't even know the extent of Guentzel's injury let alone how Weninger will play during conference play. There are a boatload of good teams yet to play.
                        It's not a serious injury for Guentzel and the timing is excellent, with bye, ASU, holiday break coming up. It won't be an issue.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Well it was a split which was pretty much expected. Two one sided games was a little odd. Hopefully both teams can get healthy by the time conference play starts up again. The good thing for St. Cloud is they get WMU and CC in January so it gives them some extra time before the games against UMD, UNO, DU, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                            I wore my ugly rally sweater but I think it is defective. We looked pretty good the last two minutes passing and not shooting, we have it down pat now.
                            I think we had them on the ropes. I am not sure why Blais didn't pull Weninger BTW I CAN NOT BELIEVE he gave up two goals tonight. Both were pretty soft too.
                            He could have easily pulled him with 2 minutes left and safely won.

Oh well, we'll get them next time. At least I got 4 free tickets to the CC game. Weninger is a god in my book. The team that blocked everything down the middle and kept everything to the perimeter needs to know they don't know how to play on Olympic ice. Just give it up.

PS I thought for sure I would see 5 paragraphs about how Thompson lost the game last night. He does need to work on his shot.
                            I'll be surprised if Blais is still coach this spring.

Maybe he'll give us a couple tips on PK before he retires. Especially on the last one where all four of our players left the middle and parted the Red Sea for the Omaha player flying down the slot. If it was Lindgren instead of Reijola it would have been an easy save.
                            I see what you did there
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              I see what you did there
                              It was well played, well played. Particularly the bit about Weninger giving up two goals and Lindgren being able to make the power play save. That was good stuff.

Comment

SB Nation College Hockey- Chris Dilks notes on Saturday's game...
                                "Two goals allowed on 33 shots and another win for Evan Weninger. Again, I can see the question being asked why Weninger did not start on Friday, but I get it. Take away the names and numbers and ask me who played better this weekend and I might pick Thompson. Weninger was bailed out of a soft goal on the disallowed goal and caught a lucky break from the goal post. Otherwise, he made maybe one or two Grade-A saves compared to three or four from Thompson last night, and Weninger's glove hand looks like a bit of a liability. In all, I can understand the argument for sheltering Weninger's minutes a bit and keeping Thompson active in the rotation."

Comment

Working...
                                X