No announcement yet.

UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Also, downtown Orono with its multiple brew pubs and restaurants has surpassed downtown Durham by a long shot; now that is a huge change since I was a grad student here in the mid-70s, when there was only Pat's Pizza.
    Blasphemy. Haven't been to Orono in 2 - 3 years and Durham is growing much too tall and dense, but seriously? There is that brew pub thing though.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

We had no business coming out of Orono with a tie. Maine could easily have had 6-7 last night. But I'll take it.

HR, see you at Libby's around 5-5:15.
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHJourney34 View Post
        But no question that was the best game Tirone has played all season. Hopefully a game like this was the thing he needed to spark his confidence.
        Not sure if people knew but the game was on Comcast 262, some Fox Sports station. I will agree that it was Tirone's best game, it really harkened back to last season. He was flopping, out of position constantly, but somehow he made the saves he needed to make. As others have said, Maine can't score. If they could, the final would have been somewhere about 8-3. Tirone is apparently all we've got, so against better teams he is not going to help much. But perhaps, if he continues to play like he did last night, we can sneak into the middle four. And for the record, the defense was awful again. Zone time had to be 2-1 Maine.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
          We had no business coming out of Orono with a tie. Maine could easily have had 6-7 last night. But I'll take it.

HR, see you at Libby's around 5-5:15.
          You bet!! See you there. Here's to a better night and hope the 'Whitt can generate half of the enthusiasm of the Alfond... Agree we got lucky and quite honestly I wouldn't have really been that upset (well maybe alittle) given how sparse we are on D...Go 'Cats!!
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

$39 for a ticket from the box office for tonight's game, it's no wonder attendance is so bad for most teams now.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
              Not sure if people knew but the game was on Comcast 262, some Fox Sports station.
              CHN says tonight's game is on WBIN and Fox College Sports Atlantic (Comcast 262) - although my Comcast schedule shows WBIN has The Simpsons during that time slot.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              $39 for a ticket from the box office for tonight's game, it's no wonder attendance is so bad for most teams now.
              We bought ours at the box office back in October, and I think we paid $29 each. That $39 include the TM fees?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbear80 View Post
                CHN says tonight's game is on WBIN and Fox College Sports Atlantic (Comcast 262) - although my Comcast schedule shows WBIN has The Simpsons during that time slot.

We bought ours at the box office back in October, and I think we paid $29 each. That $39 include the TM fees?
                Ticketmaster. It is a very good seat, but would think $25 all in would be enough for a regular season college hockey game between two mediocre teams.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  Blasphemy. Haven't been to Orono in 2 - 3 years and Durham is growing much too tall and dense, but seriously? There is that brew pub thing though.
                  Yup, it is all about the number of brew pubs for me. :-)

Who cares about tall and dense?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Yup, it is all about the number of brew pubs for me. :-)

Who cares about tall and dense?
                    Just about every non-student Durham resident from what I hear.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Pre game atmosphere here at Libby's is electric with a lot of UNH and UMaine fans! Just connected with Wildcatdc and his wife Em...here we goooo 'Cats!!
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Pre game atmosphere here at Libby's is electric with a lot of UNH and UMaine fans! Just connected with Wildcatdc and his wife Em...here we goooo 'Cats!!
                        Even when the teams are down the fans still love the hate
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Where else you gonna go in Durham? It's not like there are lots of brew pubs yknow

Comment

• Salvaggio recovers quickly from his mono diagnosis and is back in the line-up, MacDonald is out with whatever injury he incurred last night and the next forward out of the stands is Cefalu and not Kalinowski...
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

Nice job running the goalie by Kelleher

Comment

2-1 UHN after 1

Comment

Working...
                                X