X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Were you a test tube baby?
    Nope, born well before that as you may have guessed if you actually had a clue about.......well anything really.

Back to the original point....actually you know what... nevermind.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
      The ECAC ultimately wins because they found someone to take on their fat drunk uncle and his sad baggage.

huh??

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        huh??
        fat, drunk, and stupid apparently...
        Last edited by Slasher7; 03-29-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Me too, there aren't any teams in the ECAC with fan bases like BC and UML. Maybe because it's mostly and Ivy League school's they can read and think past the last post, but I would expect them to also be bigger dooshbags too???
          Really? I was under the impression that there were brutal ECAC fans as well - Cornell comes screaming to mind.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Not for anything, but there is no school in ECAC with as great of a fan base as Cornell. Cornell ALWAYS sells out its games at home and it travels (band and all) quite well. GO BIG RED!

...but I digress. We are here to speak about Catamount hockey.

Now I posted this on the West Regional thread and I will say it here as well. The UVM Catamounts where wholly unworthy of a bid to this year's NCAA tournament and their early exit substantiates this contention.

Though it has been a few years now the program still has the taint of its wayward days in the underachieving ECAC. This is a team that had to claw its way out of ninth place to qualify for the Hockey East Tournament and could not muster one victory against Merrimack and UMass-Lowell.

...and this is the team the NCAA gives a bid?

Perhaps UVM should consider disbanding the program and putting its resources into the development of a football team. This way Hockey East will then have an open slot and it can invite UConn to join it's ranks. I mean as bad as UConn hockey is you just know that one of these days the people in Storrs will do for their hockey team as they have done for their football and basketball teams.

Conversely UVM could go independent and play teams like Alabama-Huntsville, Norwich, Middlebury, McGill, Concordia, SUNY-Oswego, SUNY-Plattsburgh, and Curry College. Oh what fun it would be watching the mighty Catamounts get dope slapped by a bunch of Division III and Canadian teams.

I can dream, can't I?
            Last edited by BeloBrasil; 03-29-2010, 05:25 PM.
            "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Congrats to Irwin for getting an NHL deal. That is great for him and can't be bad for the program. Frankly, I'm a bit shocked but good for him.

Being a Bruins fan - I hope they lose out so the B's can use their top draft pick for a serious sniper.

I don't see Lawson or Miller leaving yet - and I continue to hope that Medvec likes school and decides to stay and see what damage he can wreak next year in the league. He's a top D man in HE next year if he stays.

Did anyone see Dumulin's stats with BC. He's a team best +31. He should sign after the FF is over....

Now - can we get this thread back to hockey talk and discontinue all the child like garbage?

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                Now - can we get this thread back to hockey talk and discontinue all the child like garbage?
                By all means. Let's get back to singing the praises of the eighth place UVM Catamounts. The team that couldn't beat Merrimack. The team that couldn't beat UMass-Lowell. The team that only mustered nine (9) in-conference wins (second lowest to last place Providence). The Hockey East team voted "Most Reliable Cure for Insomnia".

Yes, by all means let's get back to singing the praises of this underachieving outfit!
                "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
                  By all means. Let's get back to singing the praises of the eighth place UVM Catamounts. The team that couldn't beat Merrimack. The team that couldn't beat UMass-Lowell. The team that only mustered nine (9) in-conference wins (second lowest to last place Providence). The Hockey East team voted "Most Reliable Cure for Insomnia".

Yes, by all means let's get back to singing the praises of this underachieving outfit!
                  LOL

great stuff. jcarter will jump down your throat about how the PWR ranked UVM the 3rd best team in HE!!!

Comment

Not for anything, but there is no school in ECAC with as great of a fan base as Cornell. Cornell ALWAYS sells out its games at home and it travels (band and all) quite well. GO BIG RED!

...but I digress. We are here to speak about Catamount hockey.

Now I posted this on the West Regional thread and I will say it here as well. The UVM Catamounts where wholly unworthy of a bid to this year's NCAA tournament and their early exit substantiates this contention.

Though it has been a few years now the program still has the taint of its wayward days in the underachieving ECAC. This is a team that had to claw its way out of ninth place to qualify for the Hockey East Tournament and could not muster one victory against Merrimack and UMass-Lowell.

Perhaps UVM should consider disbanding the program and putting its resources into the development of a football team. This way Hockey East will then have an open slot and it can invite UConn to join it's ranks. I mean as bad as UConn hockey is you just know that one of these days the people in Storrs will do for their hockey team as they have done for their football and basketball teams.

Conversely UVM could go independent and play teams like Alabama-Huntsville, Norwich, Middlebury, McGill, Concordia, SUNY-Oswego, SUNY-Plattsburgh, and Curry College. Oh what fun it would be watching the mighty Catamounts get dope slapped by a bunch of Division III and Canadian teams.

I can dream, can't I?
                    Spoken like a true Cornell douchbag... Given your profile a wannabe who can't actually get a job overseas...****ing loser.

Comment

There is no way you went to Cornell. Either that or Cornell has sunk so low as to accept everyone that can get their mom to write an essay for them. The NCAA does not give bids, it is strictly math, something they clearly do not take serious at Cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        LOL

great stuff. jcarter will jump down your throat about how the PWR ranked UVM the 3rd best team in HE!!!
                        Would I be lying?

Whatever, we have an offseason thread, let the BC and UML (cornell pretender ) stay here and argue over whether UVM deserved to be in tourney.

Comment

Would I be lying?

Whatever, we have an offseason thread, let the BC and UML (cornell pretender ) stay here and argue over whether UVM deserved to be in tourney.

No argument needed. UVM got a bid. They went west. They lost as predicted.

Trust me, I am not a UVM hater. I would be as passionate in my argument if it were any other 8th place Hockey East team getting a bid.

Comment

No argument needed. UVM got a bid. They went west. They lost as predicted.

Trust me, I am not a UVM hater. I would be as passionate in my argument if it were any other 8th place Hockey East team getting a bid.
                            Who cares where they were in the league standings? That determines seedings for the HE playoffs. PWR determines the field/seedings for the NCAA playoffs. What is so hard to figure out here?
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Who cares where they were in the league standings? That determines seedings for the HE playoffs. PWR determines the field/seedings for the NCAA playoffs. What is so hard to figure out here?
                              This is my whole "argument" (though I do not believe I am actually "arguing"). Mopes like you embrace the Pair Wise Rankings as if they are sacrosanct. I have always contended that Vermont just never passed the "eye ball" test. Just watch them play is all and then make an assessment.

As I have stated before this is a team that managed a paltry nine wins in Hockey East, could not beat Merrimack or UMass-Lowell, finished 8th in the conference (up from ninth just days before the end of the season), had only one quality out of conference win (Denver) and had just an overall poor look. In total they simply were mediocre at best and should never have been awarded a bid.

Please don't tell me about the Yale win or the Minnesota-Duluth victory. Yale is a pathetic ECAC team and Minnesota-Duluth, while sporting a far superior record to Vermont, did not receive a bid. So, is a victory over a team with 20-plus wins that does NOT make the tourney a quality win? I submit not.

Vermont was unworthy this year as well as last. Live with it!
                              Last edited by BeloBrasil; 03-30-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

You're all over the map here. Yale is anything but pathetic and UMD is solid (one win away from getting in the tourney as 5th in the WCHA).

For the most part I like the PWR, but do agree that an 8th place Vermont was not really deserving of a bid based off some non-conference success.

Comment

Working...
                                X