Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Re: BC v. Yale,

Kind of the best of both worlds really. 9-7 win for BC, so BC got to move on to the FF and represent HE. On the other side of the coin, said Yale team (which UVM shut out) put a 7 spot on BC. Those crappy Eli's sure did a number on Muse and BC and I suspect had their goalies had a halfway decent game things would be different. I mean you can't give up a 150 ft goal and expect to inspire a lot of confidence in your D-men that you are going to bail them out if need be.

But congrats to BC on making the FF and giving HE a chance to hang on to the NC another year.
    Last edited by jcarter7669; 03-29-2010, 07:46 AM.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      Those crappy Eli's sure did a number on Muse and BC and I suspect had their goalies had a halfway decent game things would be different.
      Another stupid point. And if Muse had a better day it would have been 9-3.

Comment

I knew BC would beat Yale, after all, if Vermont can do it, just about anyone can (except North Dakota I guess).

To tell the truth, Yale impressed the heck out of me both nights. Their goalies... not so much.

Either way, UVM offseason has begun which is a shame, I was hoping you guys could do some damage out there this weekend. Good luck next season to the Catamounts and Sneddon (good, good coach!!).
        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-29-2010, 09:46 AM.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Re: BC v. Yale,

Kind of the best of both worlds really. 9-7 win for BC, so BC got to move on to the FF and represent HE. On the other side of the coin, said Yale team (which UVM shut out) put a 7 spot on BC. Those crappy Eli's sure did a number on Muse and BC and I suspect had their goalies had a halfway decent game things would be different. I mean you can't give up a 150 ft goal and expect to inspire a lot of confidence in your D-men that you are going to bail them out if need be.

But congrats to BC on making the FF and giving HE a chance to hang on to the NC another year.
          Those crappy Elis were ranked 8th in the country, right? They were pretty darn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
            Those crappy Elis were ranked 8th in the country, right? They were pretty darn good.
            *****http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/images/smilies/ohno.gif******

Were you born last night??

To the Yale fans, if you are reading this I apologize for what may have been perceived to be a criticism of your team. The point in my post was sarcasm, as the BC fans have repeatedly spoke down of Yale and AFA. I was actually pulling for Yale.

To Slasher, tell your parents to put the internet block back on.

Comment

*****http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/images/smilies/ohno.gif******

Were you born last night??

To the Yale fans, if you are reading this I apologize for what may have been perceived to be a criticism of your team. The point in my post was sarcasm, as the BC fans have repeatedly spoke down of Yale and AFA. I was actually pulling for Yale.

I dont post on EagleOutsider/Insider or whatever the heck that is. Yeah, I thought Yale was a "happy to be there" team heading into this bracket and they certainly showed up. BC was the better team (which I knew) and was able to fend off their fight for their lives effort. Maybe you guys should take a note from them on how to play up and down hockey and not try to bore to death an opponent with UVM's style of play.

Comment

It's a shame it's too late to tell your parents to put more condoms on.
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  It's a shame it's too late to tell your parents to put more condoms on.
                  ParentS ???

Stick to playing the slots ok??

Comment

I dont post on EagleOutsider/Insider or whatever the heck that is.
                    What about USCHO ???

Jeez man, had you read even part of any thread where there was *****ing by BC fans towards UVM fans you would have seen BC repeatedly saying the UVM's win last season in the tourney was a fluke because Yale sucks, and you would also have seen me and many other UVM fans defend Yale as a good team. So, my post was sarcastic. I mean good Lord you would have to be in a coma not to realize that......

Comment

What about USCHO ???

Jeez man, had you read even part of any thread where there was *****ing by BC fans towards UVM fans you would have seen BC repeatedly saying the UVM's win last season in the tourney was a fluke because Yale sucks, and you would also have seen me and many other UVM fans defend Yale as a good team. So, my post was sarcastic. I mean good Lord you would have to be in a coma not to realize that......
                      You know what the real shame is? That we are stuck with your lame, boring program in Hockey East instead of a dynamic team like Yale. Too bad. I wish we had a do over.

Comment

ParentS ???
                        Were you a test tube baby?

Comment

You know what the real shame is? That we are stuck with your lame, boring program in Hockey East instead of a dynamic team like Yale. Too bad. I wish we had a do over.
                          Maybe we could swap Vermont for RIT. That'd be a fantastic trade. Historically, they are almost the same with RIT's Frozen Four this year!

Comment

Me too, there aren't any teams in the ECAC with fan bases like BC and UML. Maybe because it's mostly and Ivy League school's they can read and think past the last post, but I would expect them to also be bigger dooshbags too???

Oh well, crawl back over to your own thread. Why are you in this thread anyways? Your team making it to the FF not newsworthy enough for you?

Comment

Me too, there aren't any teams in the ECAC with fan bases like BC and UML. Maybe because it's mostly and Ivy League school's they can read and think past the last post, but I would expect them to also be bigger dooshbags too???
                              Or maybe because their teams haven't done anything in the last 15 years to get excited about.

(Lowell hasn't either so they will need to answer on their own for this one. Then again neither has UVM. Yet here you are acting like your team is North Dakota or Michigan).
                              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-29-2010, 11:43 AM. Reason: Edit so jcarter doesn't go to grammar rather than facing the facts of being a nitwit

Comment

The ECAC ultimately wins because they found someone to take on their fat drunk uncle and his sad baggage. The idea of an academic waste product such as UVM being in the same conference with Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Brown was laughable at best.

Anyhow, enjoy your summer and good luck to Coach Sneddon finding more players to fine tune his exciting brand of trap hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X