X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Wisco website:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ionalGuide.pdf

97 page, yes 97 page primer for this weekend.

1/2 spent promoting its players and 1/2 spent boasting its alumni - no wonder why they have a $75M palace.

Comment

So should I root for you guys because of the whole wcha is better than hockey east or should I just be bitter because we didn't get in?

Comment

I am staying out of the flaming and just saying GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by goREBER View Post
          Wisco website:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ionalGuide.pdf

97 page, yes 97 page primer for this weekend.

1/2 spent promoting its players and 1/2 spent boasting its alumni - no wonder why they have a $75M palace.

Yes, but we're having difficulty in getting our $25M practice facility built. Perhaps if we expanded to 145 pages...

UML-Be bitter!!
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            That seems unlikely as Bentley isn't a TUC.

I think DU is a better team today than it was in October. You're argument makes sense if both (or all) teams make equal progress through the year, I suppose. But I don't believe they do. December top 5 UMD finished 6-10 for example. OOC games are an indicator, I agree. I just would tend to give them more weight as an indicator, or comparison, if they took place later rather than within the first few weeks of practice starting.
            Fair enough. So maybe not Bentley, but what about scheduling those team you know are going to be in the low end shooting for teams 20-25? Teams would play a game or two in the beginning against Wisc, DU, Miami and then down the stretch you would end up with games against the middle of the road teams that are TUC but barely. And I don't think any coach would be happy about facing OOC teams as they are preparing for their league tourney. But each to their own.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Ted Ryan on his blog reports Stacey is practicing with the team but it is uncertain if he will dress for the game against Wisconsin. I expect he will be on the ice. Its been a while, but if he is skating, barring an re-injure I expect him to be in the line-up. Maybe with reduced minutes, but Wahs is too important to the offense to be missing the game even if he is less then 100%.

From the same blog, something I was unaware of

"He is still tied for third on the team in goals scored and tied for sixth in points."

He hasn't played in over a month and has missed more then half the games and yet is 3rd in goals and 6th in points. Hopefully he is back !!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Actually, Michigan has the most titles and hasn't won since 1998. Prior to last year, they would have been a great comparison to Yanks fans. BC fans are more like Red Sox fans, great history and tradition, went through a long period without a title.

I guess both of those are better than being UVM fans. What would that comparison be? The Texas Rangers?
                But you dont see Michigan in all the threads blabbing about its history to try to win every agruement do you?

And dont compare BC fans to Red Sox fans as thats about as far apart as humanly possible. Red Sox fans are loyal and show up even when the team had not won in 86 years unlike BC fans who cant even fill it own rink for a playoff game. Red Sox fans win a title and celebrate and enjoy without walking around like they own the world, unlike NYY fans who well we all know what this winter was like for us who work with them.

I have been a Sox fan since the mid 70's and over the years have been to packed houses even when they had terrible teams unlike BC who had a half empty building the 2 reg season games versus VT in its title year(08) of all years. Watch a NYY game from the pre-Jeter years and see all the empty seats those loyal Yankee fans filled.
                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                  But you dont see Michigan in all the threads blabbing about its history to try to win every agruement do you?

And dont compare BC fans to Red Sox fans as thats about as far apart as humanly possible. Red Sox fans are loyal and show up even when the team had not won in 86 years unlike BC fans who cant even fill it own rink for a playoff game. Red Sox fans win a title and celebrate and enjoy without walking around like they own the world, unlike NYY fans who well we all know what this winter was like for us who work with them.

I have been a Sox fan since the mid 70's and over the years have been to packed houses even when they had terrible teams unlike BC who had a half empty building the 2 reg season games versus VT in its title year(08) of all years. Watch a NYY game from the pre-Jeter years and see all the empty seats those loyal Yankee fans filled.
                  And don't forget that other then a few newbies, Sox fans are arrogant *******s.

Comment

So you read threads involving Michigan?

And dont compare BC fans to Red Sox fans as thats about as far apart as humanly possible. Red Sox fans are loyal and show up even when the team had not won in 86 years unlike BC fans who cant even fill it own rink for a playoff game.
                    No surprise that this is a ******** point. The HE quarters don't draw well around the league, not just BC.

Comment

And you never answered my question...what MLB fan base compares to UVM?

Comment

Does it even matter? Would it please you if I were to say the nationals?

Comment

I guess this would make you guys the Carolina Panthers then?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=2556582

Comment

Who the freak cares. This is a hockey board. Do you have nothing better to do??

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              Who the freak cares. This is a hockey board. Do you have nothing better to do??
                              ahahahahaha

yet you didn't say that to cat lover when they originally started talking about MLB teams. too funny.

Comment

ahahahahaha

yet you didn't say that to cat lover when they originally started talking about MLB teams. too funny.
                                You may think that UVM will lose but are you at least hoping that they are going to win. League superiority is on the line. I know I am rooting for BC and UNH, at least until we play them.

Comment

Working...
                                X