Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    So you are agreeing he was a sieve on Saturday? Why can't you just say that?
    He didn't play very well on Saturday night, but neither did the defense. I dont think Milner would have fared much better.

Did you find the answer to the question I asked you?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Try to follow along Corky. You said he was a sieve. I said he won. You apparently would rather look good and lose than look bad and win. Typical for you high hippies.
      I'm still confused NicK

Me : He was a sieve
      You : He won.

OK, so he won and he did so being a sieve. What does that have to do with whether I prefer to look good and lose or look good and win.

I get you took my point, added your point and then put them together as if they were both my comments to make another point, but the problem was the point about winning was yours. Now, had I actually responded to that point then you may have something there, but since I didn't you are basically arguing with yourself on the "look bad and win v. look good and lose" argument. And BTW, you are losing terribly.

Yes, Muse won, and it doesn't matter how, he is a member of the HE Championship team. And he was still a sieve that York should have pulled after the second period.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post

Did you find the answer to the question I asked you?
        Zero, what's your point?
        Do you know how many points BC has scored on Spillane in the Post season?

Comment

Originally posted by uschokid View Post
          madore has zero penalty minutes...4 is an infinite amount of times more than zero.
          What does Madore have anything to do with Muse and Downing?

What does UVM's history have to do with BC fans being retards?
          Once again, jcarter is right, everyone else just retards.

ps Muse was a sieve on Saturday night and if York has a set he would have replaced him in net with someone capable of stopping more then 2 shots in a row. I'm just saying.......
          Numbskull, why didn't Whitehead replace Wilson?

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
          I disagree. If you can't beat them... beat them up.
          LOL

well, we know how BC has made UVM look foolish in the HE playoffs ever since you joined Hockey East. Haven't noticed any BC players getting beat up though...hitting a goalie in his mask really hurts!!!

Huh? What does this even mean related to the conversation? Do you have ADD?
          typical jcarter response.

Comment

Nice to see that you had shrooms for breakfast this morning JC. I thought you'd be a lot more subdued on the board after your team got drilled by the Eagles on Friday night. Apparently not.
            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-23-2010, 09:53 AM.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Zero, what's your point?
              Do you know how many points BC has scored on Spillane in the Post season?
              Points? I'l'l go with > 0

Comment

Some pix from the BC/UVM game lead off my Hockey East Championship weekend slideshow:
                http://www.joshgibney.com/galleries/100320hea/

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  What does Madore have anything to do with Muse and Downing?
                  Nothing, and no one said they did. Just a separate point. You are aware that people can make multiple points that are unrelated right?

Once again, jcarter is right, everyone else just retards.
                  "everyone else just retards."
                  You just make my job so easy.

Numbskull, why didn't Whitehead replace Wilson?
                  Because he didn't have a quality back up tender to go to. It was Wilson or that guy that stayed at a Holiday Inn. If he had Darling on the bench I'm betting Wilson gets the hook.

well, we know how BC has made UVM look foolish in the HE playoffs ever since you joined Hockey East. Haven't noticed any BC players getting beat up though...hitting a goalie in his mask really hurts!!!
                  I highly doubt Downing's intentions were to "hurt" muse, I'm sure it was meant more to send a message. If he wanted to hurt him don't you think just piling on him would maybe tear some ligaments in the knee? That may have been a more effective way to "hurt" him had then been the objective.

typical jcarter response.
                  This hurts, it really hurts. I have become typical, I will try and change it up some just for you. Just because you are special.......

Comment

Nothing, and no one said they did. Just a separate point. You are aware that people can make multiple points that are unrelated right?
                    The world is round. That's a separate point that has nothing to do with the discussion.

Comment

I thought you'd be a lot more subdued on the board after your team got drilled by the Eagles on Friday night. Apparently not.

That's what you get for thinking, don't let happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                        Points? I'l'l go with > 0
                        You would be wrong.

What does I'l'l mean?

Comment

All the crying about UVM making the tournament over other "more deserving" teams is ridiculous. The beauty of the PWR is that it's all about math - no subjectivity involved at all. It is what it is - get over it all you whiners.

As far as subjective comment - I think UVM has done well to sweep BU and take 2 of 3 from UNH at UNH (including back to back shutouts that UVM dominated) recently. And this is even more impressive given the loss of one of their top scoring forwards to injury long ago. If he were to come back healthy on Friday it would be a considerable boost to the offense.

The UML weekend was a mess for some reason - and they played poorly vs. BC on Friday. I will grant that they have been highly inconsistent all year.

And just in case Whiner7 is wondering - UVM absolutely flat out crushed UMD in early January. It was 5-0 before UVM gave up a couple of late goals after it was long over.

When UVM moves their feet and the team D is playing well they are as good as anyone in the country (as noted in all of their quality wins that got them into the tournament). On the flip side, when they stand around they are average at best and they get beat.

I would not be surprised if they win or get clobbered on Friday. Given their high degree of inconsistency they are difficult to predict.

Comment

You would be wrong.
                            Yeah? When did Spillane beat Boston College in the postseason?

Comment

Does UVM ever plan on beating BC in the postseason?
                              Yeah, we definitely plan on it. Doing it, however, is a different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                                All the crying about UVM making the tournament over other "more deserving" teams is ridiculous. The beauty of the PWR is that it's all about math - no subjectivity involved at all. It is what it is - get over it all you whiners.
                                I totally agree. Some people just aren't happy unless they're whining...
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X